Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 - Mod note #129 & 1087

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

In your opinion. The same opinion that exudes liverpool bias. Fair enough. But dont expect reasoned debators to take you serious. By your logic Suarez can be sold for 40 million plus dzeko. That puts suarez as being worth somewhere in the region of 60-70 million.

As i said, your opinion.

In fairness Mr. Stroking you can hardly come into a Liverpool thread and not expect Liverpool bias. Now there are different degrees of bias of course and every club has their ridiculously bias fans. But most of what is being said in here against your argument is pretty sound argument and opinion and not fanciful.
    You mention 'reasonable debator' but so far you are not showing yourself to be one. In fact you are showing yourself to be anything but.
    If you think Dzeko is the same level as Suarez then thats your opinion but I would wager a substantial bet that most people - even sound level headed reasonable non Liverpool supporting humans.
    If you are just having a laugh and winding up people then there is no point in continuing really is there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Melion wrote: »
    Ok, well how about a comparison between their Liverpool careers?

Suarez: 67 games 31 goals Goal every 2.16 games
    Torres: 142 games 81 goals - Goal every 1.75 games

Not that much of a difference now is there?

But those stats cannot be compared because Torres' liverpool career is over whereas Suarez is still going (his average may rise or fall, we do not know).

What we can compare in terms of their liverpool careers is their first season, which both have completed.

Torres scored 33 goals in 46 appearances with 24 in the league - over double the league goals that Suarez scored. See?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

But those stats cannot be compared because Torres' liverpool career is over whereas Suarez is still going (his average may rise or fall, we do not know).

What we can compare in terms of their liverpool careers is their first season, which both have completed.

Torres scored 33 goals in 46 appearances with 24 in the league - over double the league goals that Suarez scored. See?

Torres was playing in a far better Liverpool team.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Ok, well how about a comparison between their Liverpool careers?

Suarez: 67 games 31 goals Goal every 2.16 games
    Torres: 142 games 81 goals - Goal every 1.75 games

Not that much of a difference now is there?

I bet Suarez created 3 times as many chances for his team mates as Torres did. Nando was prone to an old sulk, Suarez works harder the more upset he is!!!

I wouldn't swap Luis for anyone!!! ANYONE!!!!

You are a United fan
    RVP and Rooney both get career ending injuries tomorrow
    Who would you rather sign, Dzeko or Suarez

Putting aside Suarez disgraceful behaviour last season, i would say Suarez.

Dzeko being nearly at Suarez' level should have told you despite your indignation that i think Suarez is still a better player. But not by 40 million.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    6979605480_ac58031e69_o.gif

You go from insulting, to trying to debate then getting told to f**k off so back to the insulting.

You have not made one point yet. Pathetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

And in Nandos first season he had Gerrard and Alonso supplying him.
    In Suarez first full season he had Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing, Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson supplying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I definitely can't see any flaws in comparing the first season of Torres vs the first season of Suarez.

gafferino wrote: »
    In fairness Mr. Stroking you can hardly come into a Liverpool thread and not expect Liverpool bias. Now there are different degrees of bias of course and every club has their ridiculously bias fans. But most of what is being said in here against your argument is pretty sound argument and opinion and not fanciful.
    You mention 'reasonable debator' but so far you are not showing yourself to be one. In fact you are showing yourself to be anything but.
    If you think Dzeko is the same level as Suarez then thats your opinion but I would wager a substantial bet that most people - even sound level headed reasonable non Liverpool supporting humans.
    If you are just having a laugh and winding up people then there is no point in continuing really is there?

I said he is "not that far off" which has been agreed with already. Not by you, but that doesnt necessarily make it incorrect. Only in your bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

you cannot judge a player over one season....if that was then Michael Ricketts when he scored 15 goals before February is one of the best strikers who ever played in the premier league.

All the above does is make me see you with your fingers in your ears, eyes closed, rocking in your chair and screaming "Make him stop!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You go from insulting, to trying to debate then getting told to f**k off so back to the insulting.

You have not made one point yet. Pathetic

You go from trolling to to claiming to be misunderstood then back to trolling.

You have not made one point yet. Pathetic.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You go from trolling to to claiming to be misunderstood then back to trolling.

You have not made one point yet. Pathetic.

Havent trolled once. Just given an opinion that you didnt like. Check out trolling. That is not what it is. Now back into your toilet.

markie29 wrote: »
    you cannot judge a player over one season....if that was then Michael Ricketts when he scored 15 goals before February is one of the best strikers who ever played in the premier league.

I will make it even simpler. Lets look at Torres v Suarez over 100 seasons. Same answer because in their first seasons at Liverpol, the stats remain the same.

I miss boggles and The Muppet. Now they were 2 lads who would make me want to punch my screen in frustration.

• Advertisement

Havent trolled once. Just given an opinion that you didnt like. Check out trolling. That is not what it is. Now back into your toilet.

Much of your "opinions" end in an insult.

I miss boggles and The Muppet. Now they were 2 lads who would make me want to punch my screen in frustration.

I hope you arent referring to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I haven't seen any trolling, just a difference in opinion.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hate international breaks!!

Aye. This thread turns into a far bigger clusterfuck. What is needed is boobs, boobs will calm the storm in here.

1347504366457.gif

Thank you

• Advertisement

Anyone wrote: »
    Much of your "opinions" end in an insult.

Well i am being insulted right left and centre here. Also, by you too if i remember correctly.

And someone not willing to listen to anyone elses opinion, who will use his own stats to back up an argument while ignoring others.

Its hilarious really.

He's clearly not a troll, what crazy suggestion...:pac:

Came in to see if pool fans thought Suarez might go. I think he might if the offer comes in.

That seems to be too much for ye guys. I'll leave ye to it. Enjoy the fall into midtable obscurity. Adios!

I will make it even simpler. Lets look at Torres v Suarez over 100 seasons. Same answer because in their first seasons at Liverpol, the stats remain the same.

Stats are pointless, the two Liverpool teams were very very different. Any striker is going to score more goals when you had Gerrard and Alonso feeding you goals.

Same thing has happened at Utd for many many years. Andy Cole for example, he wasnt as good as Utd fans think, he did however have Beckham,Giggs and Scholes feeding him sitters week in week out.

Well i am being insulted right left and centre here. Also, by you too if i remember correctly.

Who insulted you?
    Who called you a bell-end like you called another user?

Yeah because you came in here flinging insults, I posted that people should ignore you, wish I took my own advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Havent trolled once.
    I'll leave ye to it. Enjoy the fall into midtable obscurity. Adios!

Yeah. Coming into a team thread and saying that, then trying to debate logically, with your siege mentality, is so far off passive aggressive trolling.

Bull**** logic....Torres played with the likes of Alonso,Gerrard(in his prime) and Mascherano supplying him with the passes for his goals,Suarez has to do it when he had the likes of Henderson,Downing and Carroll as his strike partner.

Torres and Suarez are 2 completely different players,Suarez is the better all round player and some days his finishing has let him down,but when that happens he works hard for the team,when Torres has had bad days he might as well have been on the bench because apart from his goals his all round play doesnt add much to any team.

He's clearly not a troll, what crazy suggestion...:pac:

That was at the height of my lambasting! Also a valid point though, you think Liverpool are on the up?

I said he is "not that far off" which has been agreed with already. Not by you, but that doesnt necessarily make it incorrect. Only in your bubble.

Bubble? Really? I am in a bubble for thinking one thing but you are not? Honestly you are just acting the b*llox but thats the way you want to go then good luck to you. Plenty of Utd fans have come on here an given reasonable debate and got the same in return. Others havent and im sure it works that way in the Utd thread too (Ive never been unfortunately).

Anyway why dont you go and ask 20 random football fans from all walks of life if they think Dzeko is 'close' to Suarez level. I think you will find I will have a lot of friends living with me in my bubble.

Genuinely nothing to do with being a Liverpool fan Suarez is a better player, I reckon you are either very young or dont watch a lot of football.

If you want to change the script a little - who do you think is better Hernandez or Dzeko?

• Advertisement

Bull**** logic....Torres played with the likes of Alonso,Gerrard(in his prime) and Mascherano supplying him with the passes for his goals,Suarez has to do it when he had the likes of Henderson,Downing and Carroll as his strike partner.

Torres and Suarez are 2 completely different players,Suarez is the better all round player and some days his finishing has let him down,but when that happens he works hard for the team,when Torres has had bad days he might as well have been on the bench because apart from his goals his all round play doesnt add much to any team.

Christ. Do you have anything between your ears?

That was at the height of my lambasting! Also a valid point though, you think Liverpool are on the up?

As I said, you are definitely not a troll. Arguable the best non Liverpool poster who's post in these threads. Up there with boggles, the Muppet, Roger and countless other fine contributors.

Bubble? Really? I am in a bubble for thinking one thing but you are not? Honestly you are just acting the b*llox but thats the way you want to go then good luck to you. Plenty of Utd fans have come on here an given reasonable debate and got the same in return. Others havent and im sure it works that way in the Utd thread too (Ive never been unfortunately).

Anyway why dont you go and ask 20 random football fans from all walks of life if they think Dzeko is 'close' to Suarez level. I think you will find I will have a lot of friends living with me in my bubble.

Genuinely nothing to do with being a Liverpool fan Suarez is a better player, I reckon you are either very young or dont watch a lot of football.

If you want to change the script a little - who do you think is better Hernandez or Dzeko?

Why call me names for having a differing football opinion to you? Are you an adult?

obviously not if i am replying to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are you thinking about what you're posting? It doesn't matter who thinks we're going up or down, you told us to "enjoy it"... because you were trolling.

Ah here, G'luck!

As I said, you are definitely not a troll. Arguable the best non Liverpool poster who's post in these threads. Up there with boggles, the Muppet, Roger and countless other fine contributors.

Good man Chucky. You're a smarter man than i am.

Honestly, what age are you? Do you even remember Torres in 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Why call me names for having a differing football opinion to you? Are you an adult?

Are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Will you do us all a favour, and step away from the Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I wasn't taking sides or anything like that, I just haven't seen any trolling.

It's true what someone stated though, these international breaks are a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Someone PM me when the new thread is open

tumblr_lkzjzb7OaU1qj0zk3o1_400.gif

Wow. Right lads i'm off. Suarez is the best striker in the world and Liverpool are on the way back.

Status quo restored. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wow. Right lads i'm off. Suarez is the best striker in the world and Liverpool are on the way back.

Our year.

Good man Chucky. You're a smarter man than i am.

Well some people would say that's not difficult at all, I wouldn't though obviously. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was about to post the exact same thing :D

• Advertisement

Now he is gone, and helped us to get up to 10k and a shiny new thread :D

Wonder who will get the 10k post?

]

82528614.gif

Me

Anyone wrote: »
    Wonder who will get the 10k post?

dorothy_oh_my.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement