Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 - Mod note #129 & 1087

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fail lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Melion wrote: »
    Me

No dice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Sorry Melion........mwoah ha ha haha ahaha hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haha. Can't believe Tyra Banks is in the 10,000 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Ok, well how about a comparison between their Liverpool careers?

Suarez: 67 games 31 goals Goal every 2.16 games
    Torres: 142 games 81 goals - Goal every 1.75 games

Not that much of a difference now is there?

Any info on assists? Gut feel tells me if you add that in, the stats will be even closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Me

You hit the bar with that one....so close...thought it was in...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Trya Banks is worthy of it.....
    Amiable should come in here and finish off the thread with his 'speciality' Gifs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone wrote: »

Bar/Post, its rubbing off on the fans now.

Anyone wrote: »

Typical!

Helmets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gafferino wrote: »
    Trya Banks is worthy of it.....
    Amiable should come in here and finish off the thread with his 'speciality' Gifs.
    Off work sick sprawled out on the couch. You can take the mantle. Can't be arsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Someone PM me when the new thread is open

tumblr_lkzjzb7OaU1qj0zk3o1_400.gif

Oh Aaron, Y U HEF 2 LIE? I saw you do this..

1298051191_jump-through-window-fail.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wow. Right lads i'm off. Suarez is the best striker in the world and Liverpool are on the way back.

Status quo restored. Unbelievable.

lad, barely anyone said that, if anyone at all.

if in doubt though, leave the thread, throwing in an extreme, fanciful statement inferring that Liverpool fans are delusional and you win - thus fitting into the age-old stereotype.

well done.

Suarez is not the best striker in the world.
    he is a better player than Dzeko.
    we would not swap him for anyone realistic right now.
    Liverpool are at the start of a new regime, and hopefully a new cycle.
    we don't think he's going to City anytime soon as the story doing the rounds has no sources or quotes, and also, a sale wouldn't make sense.

that's the crux of our argument.

yours seems to be that Suarez could leave, Dzeko is as good as Suarez, Liverpool fans think Liverpool are back, and we're a bit biased and stupid.

is that all ok?

it's amazing this Suarez debate comes up now, when he's fulfilling in goals and assists everything Liverpool fans saw in him over the last year. it's like there's an alarm goes off in some rival fans' houses when something good is happening at Liverpool.

and we get called bitter? hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I wasn't taking sides or anything like that, I just haven't seen any trolling.

It's true what someone stated though, these international breaks are a pain.

Its not really an international break though. Premiership is back at the weekend so we dont miss any football :D

Injuries are always a bit of a worry though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shay-laren-bouncing-boobs.gif

Just to steal Amiable's thunder :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

SlickRic wrote: »
    lad, barely anyone said that, if anyone at all.

if in doubt though, leave the thread, throwing in an extreme, fanciful statement inferring that Liverpool fans are delusional and you win - thus fitting into the age-old stereotype.

well done.

Suarez is not the best striker in the world.
    he is a better player than Dzeko.
    we would not swap him for anyone realistic right now.
    Liverpool are at the start of a new regime, and hopefully a new cycle.
    we don't think he's going to City anytime soon as the story doing the rounds has no sources or quotes, and also, a sale wouldn't make sense.

that's the crux of our argument.

yours seems to be that Suarez could leave, Dzeko is as good as Suarez, Liverpool fans think Liverpool are back, and we're a bit biased and stupid.

is that all ok?

it's amazing this Suarez debate comes up now, when he's fulfilling in goals and assists everything Liverpool fans saw in him over the last year. it's like there's an alarm goes off in some rival fans' houses when something good is happening at Liverpool.

and we get called bitter? hmmm.

That sir is a beautiful post.

Jaysus, Kess. I'm working from home. There goes another 5 mins of non productivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

looder wrote: »
    A couple of good games and a few goals doesn't mean Suarez is the next coming of Christ.

If Liverpool are offered £40 million for him, or anywhere near it, they should take the hand off City.

He couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo last season, and I'm sure he'll go through a similar spell this year, and next year and the year after.

Suarez is a couple of tiers below 'World Class' and personally I'd take anything over £25 million for him. More trouble than he's worth.

Dzeko is on the same level as Suarez too.

I think this is the most bizarre post I've ever read on Boards.

Are you a Liverpool fan?

Actually do you even watch football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Torres scored 33 goals in 46 appearances with 24 in the league - over double the league goals that Suarez scored. See?

I'd love to know what you are getting at here?

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    shay-laren-bouncing-boobs.gif

Just to steal Amiable's thunder :pac:
    I'll have to get out the laptop to appreciate this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

veXual wrote: »
    I'd love to know what you are getting at here?

Liverpool are shít. that's all he's trying to say.

let's forget that when Torres was around we had our best team in years.

that's not taking anything away from Torres, as he was phenomenal for us. but Suarez is phenomenal now, in a team that is not half as good yet as that one.

he was bought for 22m or something.

given that he's just signed a new contract, £40m is a perfectly viable fee, and would probably be "fair". but we wouldn't be "fair" if we were actually negotiating a transfer. so circa £50m is the minimum fee we'd be looking for.

it's all moot anyway. he's not going.

as i've said already, and it can't be said enough, City, or anyone else, can fúck off.

he's our cúnt :)

Tyra banks should be somehow slotted into the next thread title!

Anywhooooo back to reality, looks like glenjo and reina will be back in the starting eleven this weekend and Lucas is close to being back! Everyone did good in their internationals and no injuries, an alright week I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Thread is broke, I couldn't see see veXual's post until amiable posted. Where's our new thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Tyra banks should be somehow slotted into the next thread title!

Anywhooooo back to reality, looks like glenjo and reina will be back in the starting eleven this weekend and Lucas is close to being back! Everyone did good in their internationals and no injuries, an alright week I guess :)
    Unbeaten in 6 league games too. Having Lucas back and getting just one key player can have us challenging for top 4, I am positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SlickRic wrote: »
    Liverpool are shít. that's all he's trying to say.

let's forget that when Torres was around we had our best team in years.

that's not taking anything away from Torres, as he was phenomenal for us. but Suarez is phenomenal now, in a team that is not half as good yet as that one.

he was bought for 22m or something.

given that he's just signed a new contract, £40m is a perfectly viable fee, and would probably be "fair". but we wouldn't be "fair" if we were actually negotiating a transfer. so circa £50m is the minimum fee we'd be looking for.

it's all moot anyway. he's not going.

as i've said already, and it can't be said enough, City, or anyone else, can fúck off.

he's our cúnt :)

Dont forget Suarez also had a 9 game ban which is just under a quarter of the season in his 1st season

• Advertisement

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Thread is broke, I couldn't see see veXual's post until amiable posted. Where's our new thread?

Apparently when a thread goes over neeeeinn ten thousand it makes boards go slightly wonky. Dosent look like any mods are about atm to close the thread so we shall post on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Unbeaten in 6 league games too. Having Lucas back and getting just one key player can have us challenging for top 4, I am positive.

Really wish people would give up on this talk of top 4. We dont have a chance imo. Im thinking we will get top 10, maybe top 7 at a push this season.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa signs two-year extension at Montpellier. Runs to summer 2015 - http://t.co/RmDxCKe8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

joe123 wrote: »
    Really wish people would give up on this talk of top 4. We dont have a chance imo. Im thinking we will get top 10, maybe top 7 at a push this season.

Why though everyone else is playing ****e as well, can you say spurs or arsenal look like getting 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

joe123 wrote: »

I'll reserve judgement until te end of the next transfer window. Assuing we are still within shouting distace.

Forget Chelsea way, Wigan home and swansea away are the crucnh games - the games e usually fail to do anything in.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why though everyone else is playing ****e as well, can you say spurs or arsenal look like getting 4th.

Arsenal are the worst team from the top four and they wiped the floor with us a few weeks ago, I would have more faith in them being able to pick out results against the lower teams than us.

Apparently when a thread goes over neeeeinn ten thousand it makes boards go slightly wonky. Dosent look like any mods are about atm to close the thread so we shall post on :D

And the ship sails on, back to the north
    Through the fog and ice and the albatross follows on

amiable wrote: »
    Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa signs two-year extension at Montpellier. Runs to summer 2015 - http://t.co/RmDxCKe8

At best it adds to his value, at worst it takes him off the market.

Bloody good centre back though, and at least on par with Agger(imho of course) despite being much younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I know, yeah. That's why I'm asking where the new one is

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

isn't there an amazing bouncing gif of that one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

^ yes, yes there is...perhaps it will appear here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement