Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW - Mount Juliet Volunteers Required, Sunday 16 Sept

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Put my name in the hat please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tippman26

Would love to play,count me in please

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

I'll play, but only if you pay for traveling expenses, food and drink, golf balls and guarantee a nice sunny day!

If not................. then I can't make it:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Think I'm gonna pull out of this one Kevin, good friend of mine took his life this week. My head or heart wouldn't be in it. Am not great company at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

Count me in please kevin, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Reganovski wrote: »
    Would love to join you, count me in please :)
    Count me in.

Never there before.
    whizbang wrote: »
    would love the chance!

count me in please. thanks

Lads, you're on the tee at 2.40 on Sunday. If you can't make it, please let me know so I can pick someone else... otherwise, see you there beforehand. Good practice facilities (even if the 18 hole putting course is closed at present) so worth getting there a bit early.

Some photos of Mount Juliet to whet the appetite

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Lads, you're on the tee at 2.40 on Sunday. If you can't make it, please let me know so I can pick someone else... otherwise, see you there beforehand. Good practice facilities (even if the 18 hole putting course is closed at present) so worth getting there a bit early.

Some photos of Mount Juliet to whet the appetite

Excellent. Thanks very much. Can't wait :D

I'll be there for around 1ish. Hopefully the weather will be better than forecasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Brilliant. Can't wait. See you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

That'll be two happy Cork lads going up the M8 on Sunday! Enjoy, ye lucky sods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

WooHoo!! Thanks Kevin.

I'll offer to drive, if that any good for you..

• Advertisement

Just a quick note of thanks to Kevin for yesterday.
    What looked like a terrible day weather wise turned out to be a beautiful evening.
    Pity the golf didnt match the perfect weather and the great course :(

Despite all the rain in the morning, the course was in perfect condition while the greens
    might have been on the slow side but still the ball rolled perfectly.

Highlights of the round included:
    1. 4 perfect tee-shots on the 4th. I think Kevin has a photo :)
    2. whizbangs birdie on 11, which was met with the loadest cheer of the day and celebration to boot!
    3. Kevins eloquent birdie on 13, index 1, which he played immaculately!!!! (They'll never know!!)
    4. My consistant "left" play.....except for 17th where a nice drive, 8 iron to 20 feet which was promptly followed with a 3 putt for par! :(
    5. bigtimecharlies wet gear which had to worn throughout the good weatherbecause he was pesimistic about the weather (and we'll all knew he was in commando underneath!! :) )

Once again, a big thanks to Kevin, (for the freebee!:)), bigtimecharlie and whizbang for making it a most enjoyable day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

17th where a nice drive
    Doesnt even begin to describe it!
    Very enjoyable day, thanks again to all.

Lads, Kevins blog has been updated http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/

Any comments?

I couldn't figure out why I was hitting everything left but looking at the video, it looks like I'm aiming way right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Any comments?

I couldn't figure out why I was hitting everything left but looking at the video, it looks like I'm aiming way right.
    Well that setup is perfect for a draw ;)

Course looks gorgeous though, envy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Any comments?

You beat me to it! Didn't think you were aiming too right at all... but unable to offer any intelligent comment on why stuff's going left on you. Maybe it's a Frankfield thing!

You beat me to it! Didn't think you were aiming too right at all... but unable to offer any intelligent comment on why stuff's going left on you. Maybe it's a Frankfield thing!

:D Possibly is a Frankfield thing alright......adjusting for the slopes!!!

Kevin, note in your signature you have an extra "www" on your blog link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

With a new B/B provider so eventually getting back online.

Thank to Kevin and the guy's for a great day out. The weather on the way up prompted the wet gear being on, always prepared. Played well on the front 9, the course lenght was my undoing. Can't complain otherwise.

Advertisement