Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Office Newcastlewest.

• 11-09-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I've been signed on now for the past 4 months. I'm wondering what the story is with that crowed in the Welfare Office? On my second month I went in to sign and I was told I mixed my days up, and missed out on my payment. When I checked it in fact I had not mixed my days up, but they had. Nothing was done. About two weeks ago I got a letter as did everyone else I'm sure about the electronic signing system coming in, and that I had to bring photo I.D with me today to sign. The letter did not say to keep the letter, or to produce it on arrival. At 09:10am I started to queue, at 09:35am a woman came out and said "If you don't have your letter with you, go home we won't sign you". I along with others was in total shock. I went home LIVID trying to find this God damn letter (which I knew I had thrown out, as I had not been told I'd ever need it) surprise no letter. So I rang the dole office and told them I did not have the letter, and asked what am I supposed to do (I didn't put it quite so nicely) she quickly asked me to hold and came back on the phone "Eh yeah if you bring your passport you can sign" and hung up before I could ask her name, OR thank her. So off I went again baring in mind I had an interview at 1pm. I got to the yard and the queue was out in the yard. I had never seen it that long before! Out came the lady again and says "Anyone who didn't have the letter this morning were sent home, and if anyone here doesn't have it ye can go home now as well". "We will NOT sign anyone without the letter". Now the NCW office won't answer, nor will Head Office in Dublin. Surely they can't do this? Granted there are people who have been signed on for years and years due to laziness,and I don't really give a damn about them. But for others who are genuinely seeking work? Has anyone else had this problem or one similar? I'm totally out of ideas, I sent in a complaint online but after that I feel I'm at a dead end?

Comments

I got the same letter to sign tomorrow and it clearly states to bring the letter with me. Go up again after 12.30 to reception with ID and your SW card and they should help you. Last month was my first time signing on after I put in my original claim and I went in late because I didn't realise there was a set time during the day (complete newb) and your man behind the counter sorted me out there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 misswhat

Cheers for that advise. I know my letter didn't say to bring it with me and neither did a lot of other peoples that were there. I just rang again there and the woman I was speaking to was extremely rude and said there is nothing she can do to help me. I've never met a guy there unless he's just there for the Wednesday signers but anyone I have spoken to there is completely rude and unhelpful. I'll try go up at 12:20 again and see but as I said the woman standing outside told anyone without the letter they weren't allowed in.

misswhat wrote: »
    Cheers for that advise. I know my letter didn't say to bring it with me and neither did a lot of other peoples that were there. I just rang again there and the woman I was speaking to was extremely rude and said there is nothing she can do to help me. I've never met a guy there unless he's just there for the Wednesday signers but anyone I have spoken to there is completely rude and unhelpful. I'll try go up at 12:20 again and see but as I said the woman standing outside told anyone without the letter they weren't allowed in.
    Ya they're not the most pleasant people to deal with. Trying to get them on the phone is a huge challenge! I've given up giving out about them at this stage! Anyway, they have to leave people in at some point today so you'd be better off waiting until well after signing time is finished.

Cheers Shaaane, appreciate that! Ah they're not the best bunch. Should be delighted to have a job, and drop the sour pusses on them! Cheers for the advice though, will try after 12:30.

misswhat wrote: »
    Cheers Shaaane, appreciate that! Ah they're not the best bunch. Should be delighted to have a job, and drop the sour pusses on them! Cheers for the advice though, will try after 12:30.
    No bother. Better make sure I've everything in order for tomorrow. I knew that electronic system was only gonna cause hassle!

• Advertisement

Awww stop, when I went up the second time the queue was the longest I'd ever seen it, and a load of ould lads you could see were nervous about it. :(! But you're "wan" then came out and was like "This will make our jobs a lot easier in the long run" I was like did she really just say that to a load of people with no jobs? haha! But there were a load of people giving out about it, I don't see how it's going to be worth while in any way shape or form to be honest!

Advertisement