Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get working ASAP. What courses should I do?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I had a crack at college about 2 years ago. Computing in NCI. I dropped out after XMas. I regret it but at the same time I'm glad I did. I don't think I could spend 4 more years studying without having a full time wage in my pocket.

Since then I have worked for Hewlett Packard in their call-centre in Leixlip which I enjoyed and would genuinely like to go back to. My question is to anybody in the technology industry. What qualifications do I need to get to ensure a such a lowlevel job?

I am willing to do as many short term courses as necessary that I can possibly work around or (like I'm doing now) sitting on me arse waiting for the dole to be approved.

At this stage I am becoming greatly irritated as employers only see me on paper as useless yet time after time I have school people with BSc in Comp Sci. I am have the knowledge and the ability. I just need a piece of paper to prove I do. And ECDL isn't sufficient.

So where do I start guys? Thanks for reading this, it is a bit TL;DR

Comments

Advertisement