Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Education

Options
  • 11-09-2012 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have posted here or in the mature student forum before about starting a medical degree. Basically my story is I am 23, I finished my first degree in 2011 in film and music technology, but I've realised that what I really want to do is work in a hospital. I wouldn't mind where but I would love to study medicine. My back up choice is radiopgraphy.

But since I have already got my first degree, I won't be entitled to the free fees scheme thing. I really want to do this, and am willing to move abroad to even study it. I just want to know, and obviously there is people who just turned their lives around and decided to start a medical degree, but what I'm wondering is how you went about it?

I don't think there is a postgraduate grant anymore, and if I applied for a loan, I'd have to start repaying straight away and I wouldn't be able to do that.

Is there anyone here who studied or is studying medicine or radiograophy in the UK? Again, how did you go about it?

Then, if there is no hope of me being able to get into a medicine programme, is there any other way I can work with medicine. I have a love for helping people, and this is the main reason why I want to do it. I also love science and biology and just the whole idea attracts me. I think it has become a dream of mine now, and I would love to be able to do it. But I just don't know where to start.

If any one has any advice, or tips, I would be extremely grateful

Thank you in advance :)

Advertisement