Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mojo Coffee Roasters & Espresso Project.

• 11-09-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've recently discovered Espresso Project in Celbridge and really think that this small coffee shop deserves a mention. The coffee that their serving is top class.

The shop itself is nice and quirky and the staff are both knowledgable & friendly.

The coffee their using is from Mojo roasters. Ive bought a couple of different beans, the Panama La Gloria & El SalVadore El Ausol being my favorate so far.

I think it's fantastic to have great coffee available without having to go into the city centre and also to have great beans available without having to order from the UK.

Anyway, just thought that these two deserved a mention.

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

+1

I dropped in for an Americano a month back and really enjoyed it. The guys in there are very nice and there's a great little area out the back for when it's sunny.

As an aside - does anyone buy beans from Mojo regularly? At €1.50 for shipping it works out quite reasonably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

I just placed an order with them there so will report back. It would appear they roast twice a week based on the shipping schedule:
    "Shipping Schedule:
    Orders received AFTER 9.00am Monday to BEFORE 9.00am Wednesday mailed on THURSDAYS
    Orders received AFTER 9.00am Wednesday to BEFORE 9.00am the following Monday mailed on TUESDAYS"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

donnacha wrote: »
    I just placed an order with them there so will report back. It would appear they roast twice a week based on the shipping schedule:
    "Shipping Schedule:
    Orders received AFTER 9.00am Monday to BEFORE 9.00am Wednesday mailed on THURSDAYS
    Orders received AFTER 9.00am Wednesday to BEFORE 9.00am the following Monday mailed on TUESDAYS"

Brilliant - what beans did you order if you don't mind me asking?

For filter I got:
    1 x Ethiopian Yirg
    1 x El Salvador El Ausol
    For espresso:
    1 x Black Magic Blend
    1 x Panama La Gloria

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Wigsy

+1 on Project Espresso.

I tried both the El Ausol and the La Gloria there and both were good. They were both light to medium roast. Worth a try.

• Advertisement

Just to report back that my 4 bags of beans arrived today all roast dated 19th Sept- can't wait to try them at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

donnacha wrote: »
    Just to report back that my 4 bags of beans arrived today all roast dated 19th Sept- can't wait to try them at the weekend.

Donnacha, any feedback? I had a basket filled up and ready to checkout when I noticed they are shut this week as attending a conference. Just my luck with my Bailies order AWOL,I best make the hasbean sub last!

Donnacha, any feedback? I had a basket filled up and ready to checkout when I noticed they are shut this week as attending a conference. Just my luck with my Bailies order AWOL,I best make the hasbean sub last!

Only dug into one bag so far and I have to admit I'm really impressed. It was the Panama La Gloria Espresso - works will with milk and as straight espresso. The roast profile for me is bang on - they describe it as medium on the website and for me its just the right side of dark and what I've got used to over the years. Its the profile I always aim for on my behmor at home but only hit it once every 3 or 4 roasts :)
    I had got a bit of feedback on another thread when I commented that in the past I'd felt Badger&Dodo roast profiles were the wrong side of dark. For my taste buds thats still the case based on the bag of beans I'd bought of theirs last week. I'll definitely be ordering from Coffee Mojo again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Excellent - I'll stick in an order when they're back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Picked of some Yirgacheffe last week in Espresso Project and was interesting to see that they had two different roasts. One was given a minute longer. Amazing to see the difference that it made to the coffee.

Just as a by the way, EP are holding a workshop on 5th Oct and the lads from MoJo will be there. Joe in EP said they will be doing some cupping & some filter classes. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Dabzarch

snollup wrote: »
    Picked of some Yirgacheffe last week in Espresso Project and was interesting to see that they had two different roasts. One was given a minute longer. Amazing to see the difference that it made to the coffee.

Just as a by the way, EP are holding a workshop on 5th Oct and the lads from MoJo will be there. Joe in EP said they will be doing some cupping & some filter classes. Looking forward to it.

That's gas...I also picked up the the two variations of the Yirgacheffe from Project Espresso last week. I was really intrigued and like you was amazed in the difference between the two in both the colour of the bean and the taste!

I put in an order to MoJo over the weekend for four different beans and I was impressed with the customer service. I got an email from Kevin explaining that he is away for the week and next roast date is the 1st of Oct. I suppose he was checking to see if i was ok to wait etc.

Few weeks back I picked up a bag of El Ausol beans for a colleague who only drinks/makes Turkish coffee. He was very impressed

Advertisement