Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why clean up your dog mess then hang it on a tree or railings??

Options
  • 11-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

For starters I'm not a dog owner but I'm always in my local park walking or running.but yet day in and day out the tree fencing and railings are always covered in clear plastic bags of dog mess.Like fair play in cleaning up after your dog but if your gonna do something do it right!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

ap1986 wrote: »
    For starters I'm not a dog owner but I'm always in my local park walking or running.but yet day in and day out the tree fencing and railings are always covered in clear plastic bags of dog mess.Like fair play in cleaning up after your dog but if your gonna do something do it right!!

What? :eek:

Is that supposed to be Modern Art, or did they take away all the bins?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

fair enough i know theres an easy solution to everything but to hang it on a tree or a fence just aint right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Noticed that too, not much luckily but there used to be at least one person in my neighbourhood doing that.

What a silly thing to do - if they really are as filthy as to leave the mess behind, why not to leave it on the grass where it will decompose...

mhge wrote: »
    Noticed that too, not much luckily but there used to be at least one person in my neighbourhood doing that.

What a silly thing to do - if they really are as filthy as to leave the mess behind, why not to leave it on the grass where it will decompose...
    fair play for been a propper dog owner by cleanin up but how embarassing must it feel putting it onto a wall or a fence!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

I am a dog owner and that is disgusting!! I have no problem pulling people up on not cleaning up after their dogs, so if I saw someone doing this I would ask them to bring it to the nearest bin. It is a health hazzard to everyone else. I don't agree with leaving poop on the grass to decompose, people should be able to walk/jog/sit on the grass without finding poop there. What is wrong with people:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We do have a lack of litter bins in this country!!

If I bring my dog for a walk, I sometimes am carrying a bag of shít with me for 10-15 minutes before I find a bin. It's no excuse to litter, but not nice either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I would very occasionally hang one on a rail if I was in a park or green space with no bin, and collect on the way out when the furry one has had her ball game or whatever. It wouldn't be out of my sight though (not that anyone is going to steal it lol, but in case I forget it) Don't know why anyone would just leave it though...kind of defeats the purpose of cleaning it, just contaminating the environment with plastic as well as pooh :eek:

I am a dog owner and that is disgusting!! I have no problem pulling people up on not cleaning up after their dogs, so if I saw someone doing this I would ask them to bring it to the nearest bin. It is a health hazzard to everyone else. I don't agree with leaving poop on the grass to decompose, people should be able to walk/jog/sit on the grass without finding poop there. What is wrong with people:confused:
    at least your been honest.some other people just have no respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Larianne wrote: »
    We do have a lack of litter bins in this country!!

If I bring my dog for a walk, I sometimes am carrying a bag of shít with me for 10-15 minutes before I find a bin. It's no excuse to litter, but not nice either.

Im the same, I always clean up after mine but theres such a shortage of bins. Nothing like carrying a warm bag of **** in your pocket. No matter how tightly you tie the bag the smell always wafts out as well.

Im the same, I always clean up after mine but theres such a shortage of bins. Nothing like carrying a warm bag of **** in your pocket. No matter how tightly you tie the bag the smell always wafts out as well.

In your pocket? Ah here now!!

• Advertisement

eh is that not part and parcel of having a dog in the first place.you made the commitment to have the dog....its your responsibility to look after it all the time.simples

eh is that not part and parcel of having a dog in the first place.you made the commitment to have the dog....its your responsibility to look after it all the time.simples

Thats like telling someone, "you made the choice to procreate, now go carry a ****ty nappy in your handbag" :(

Im not complaining about the dog (dogs actually) or having to clean up after them (where exactly did you get that from???). Its just that there is a lack of litter bins to put the mess in. Not just for dog mess, for rubbish in general. If councils provided more bins our towns would be cleaner and tidier.

Larianne I have two dogs so handling two leads means i've no spare hand to carry the bag. I try to double bag it and find a bin asap!

Im not complaining about the dog (dogs actually) or having to clean up after them (where exactly did you get that from???). Its just that there is a lack of litter bins to put the mess in. Not just for dog mess, for rubbish in general. If councils provided more bins our towns would be cleaner and tidier.

Larianne I have two dogs so handling two leads means i've no spare hand to carry the bag. I try to double bag it and find a bin asap!

It's true about the bins. Ever see Bray after a sunny day? :eek:

surely u cant be carrying a dog mess bag for than more than 15 mins without finding a bin

Oh that makes sense. That's unfortunate!

I have a general hatred of litter bugs and annoyance with the lack of bins in my local area.

Know what really annoys me? When drunken idiots leave broken glass on our city centre streets, and our dogs get pieces of glass stuck in the very delicate pads of their paws. Or when neanderthals piss against your front door because you happen to live off Camden street, or when you have to sidestep puddles of kebab-vomit on your way to work on a Monday morning, or seeing people deposit hocked up nasal discharge on the street. Now THAT annoys me :o

surely u cant be carrying a dog mess bag for than more than 15 mins without finding a bin

you dont have a dog, right? ;)

15 minutes would be normal enough - doesnt make it pleasant though! im not complaining, it has to be done and I am a responsible dog owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Know what really annoys me? When drunken idiots leave broken glass on our city centre streets, and our dogs get pieces of glass stuck in the very delicate pads of their paws. Or when neanderthals piss against your front door because you happen to live off Camden street, or when you have to sidestep puddles of kebab-vomit on your way to work on a Monday morning, or seeing people deposit hocked up nasal discharge on the street. Now THAT annoys me :o

Not only that, it's also punctures on bicycle tyres :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

For the record, I never leave anything on the grass either and I don't support doing so; but hanging it on the fence is the worst of both worlds, filth on the grass will at least go away, while bags on the fence will stay forever!
    I have a big dog and he often does his big business twice per walk; I pack each of them in a bag and a glove I used (both of decomposing type) and carry it with me as long as I need to. There's a lady in my neighbourhood and she has two dogs always on the lead; she has an old cotton shoulder bag she stores this stuff in until she reaches a bin.
    One of the joys of having a dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Why would you put it in your pocket?! Bring a normal plastic carrier bag and put the poop bag into that so you are not holding it! Plus....most 2€ stores have fragranced poop bags, believe me , I have a BIG dog the fragranced ones help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

I always pick up my dog's ****s but I get very annoyed when im on a long road or street and there isnt a single bin and as mentioned already you could walk around 10-15 mins without seeing a bin. I just throw the bag of **** under a parked car -not very nice I know but im taking my dog for a walk not its ****

99% of the time I find a bin

Why would you put it in your pocket?! Bring a normal plastic carrier bag and put the poop bag into that so you are not holding it! Plus....most 2€ stores have fragranced poop bags, believe me , I have a BIG dog the fragranced ones help!

The fragranced ones are great but my local €2 shop doesn't always have them. I've tried carrying a carrier bag but with the two dogs on lead I always get tangled! I think j need to get a small back pack for the job. In other words, I need to organise myself lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

I have a dog - she generally does her business twice on each evening walk I take a couple of bags and I chose a route where I know there are bins- I'm lucky enough to live near two main roads but there is someone who walks their dog past my house, lets their dog poop at the tree outside- puts the poop in a plastic bag and then just leaves it at the base of the tree - what is the point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I always pick up my dog's ****s but I get very annoyed when im on a long road or street and there isnt a single bin and as mentioned already you could walk around 10-15 mins without seeing a bin. I just throw the bag of **** under a parked car -not very nice I know but I'm taking my dog for a walk not its ****

99% of the time I find a bin

Well then your defeating the purpose of picking up the dogs crap! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

not really no. As I said 99% of the time their is a bin near by but if there isnt it is better to have a bag of **** on the road than just left on the pavement. Perhaps the council could put a few more bins about -either or im not fussed

I have a dog - she generally does her business twice on each evening walk I take a couple of bags and I chose a route where I know there are bins- I'm lucky enough to live near two main roads but there is someone who walks their dog past my house, lets their dog poop at the tree outside- puts the poop in a plastic bag and then just leaves it at the base of the tree - what is the point of that?
    why cant all dog owners be like you.fair play

why cant all dog owners be like you.fair play

Isnt this what 90% of the posters on this thread do? :/

• Advertisement

Isnt this what 90% of the posters on this thread do? :/

So it seems :confused: You know another thing that annoys me aswell about people who dont clean up after their dogs - my little one cannot resist having a good old smelling session when she is "lucky" enough to come across another dog's turd :rolleyes: (like most I'm sure) and I am terrified she will pick something up from it aswell :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement