Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why clean up your dog mess then hang it on a tree or railings??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

not really no. As I said 99% of the time their is a bin near by but if there isnt it is better to have a bag of **** on the road than just left on the pavement. Perhaps the council could put a few more bins about -either or im not fussed

Would you not just carry it like most people do, until you see a bin. Throwing it under a parked car will more than likely result in the parked car reversing over the bag, having s*it all over their tyres on the car and it's mashed into the road then.

I do agree that we definitely need more bins, I think my park has 2 and it's quite big but I usually just carry mine until I find a bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Im not complaining about the dog (dogs actually) or having to clean up after them (where exactly did you get that from???). Its just that there is a lack of litter bins to put the mess in. Not just for dog mess, for rubbish in general. If councils provided more bins our towns would be cleaner and tidier.

Larianne I have two dogs so handling two leads means i've no spare hand to carry the bag. I try to double bag it and find a bin asap!
    I have two dogs too. I get poo bags with handles so that I can hang them on my wrist until I find a bin. You can get 1000 biodegradable ones on Amazon for about €20.

The lack of bins is a disgrace, though. Most of the piles of bagged-up poo I see are left at the former sites of bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

cruais wrote: »
    Would you not just carry it like most people do, until you see a bin. Throwing it under a parked car will more than likely result in the parked car reversing over the bag, having s*it all over their tyres on the car and it's mashed into the road then.

I do agree that we definitely need more bins, I think my park has 2 and it's quite big but I usually just carry mine until I find a bin!

**** on the tyres of a car -that will come off after a few metres of being driven. **** on the road is a lot better and safer than left unbagged on the pavement

As I said before, I normally always find a bin but im not walking a distance with a dog in one hand, a bag of **** in the other and other bags to carry more **** in

Not my concern, its the council -alot of the bins were never replaced that were removed when the queen came

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭teddybear178

I just returned home from 2 weeks in Dublin or Dog Sh1t City as I jokingly refer to it. Loved everything and everyone there and had a GREAT time. Just too much dog doo all over the pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

I just returned home from 2 weeks in Dublin or Dog Sh1t City as I jokingly refer to it. Loved everything and everyone there and had a GREAT time. Just too much dog doo all over the pavement.
    it really is noticeable.especially around public parks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We have a tree outside our house next to a pole with a dog poop sign and Im sick of seeing people leaving their dog mess on the ground for my son to walk on.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The problem is, dogs crapping has become socially unacceptable these days, but on the other hand, nobody wants to carry it around.
    So while Fido is squatting there on the grass, out in the open, some busybody is bound to be watching you to see whether you are going to pick it up. Just waiting to have a go at you. Hence you pick it up, but as soon as you get round the corner out of sight, hang it on a railing. Hopefully some park employee will deal with it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I dont understand the attitudes of some on here.
    If there are no bins then bring it home.
    Its the same attitude displayed by people who bring stuff to a bring bank, and leave their bottles in bags on the ground or just dump the bottles if the banks are full.

Saying "oh well, at least I tried" is a complete crock of sh!t tbh.

If you need money from an ATM and the first one you come to is out of order do you just give up and go home or look for another one?

Your dogs excrement is your problem, dont make it everyone elses please.

Im not taking my dog **** on an hours walk and home to the house. It is not my problem it is the councils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

GreeBo wrote: »
    I dont understand the attitudes of some on here.
    If there are no bins then bring it home.
    Its the same attitude displayed by people who bring stuff to a bring bank, and leave their bottles in bags on the ground or just dump the bottles if the banks are full.

Saying "oh well, at least I tried" is a complete crock of sh!t tbh.

If you need money from an ATM and the first one you come to is out of order do you just give up and go home or look for another one?

Your dogs excrement is your problem, dont make it everyone elses please.

I agree with you completely and many a time I have had to bring my dogs poo home but it kinda takes the pleasure out of a walk when you have to carry poo around. I'm not saying its the councils problem, it's always the dog owners responsibility.

The ideal situation would be more bins. I was in Kerry (dingle) for a week recently with the dogs and there were bins everywhere. There were also loads of signs re cleaning up after your dog along with free bags to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭kippy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Thats like telling someone, "you made the choice to procreate, now go carry a ****ty nappy in your handbag" :(

It's not at all.
    You don't find kids excrement littered around the grass, and some parents HAVE to carry a dirty nappy in their bag until they find a bin, they are hardly gonna hang the nappy up on the trees?
    Granted most changing facilities have bins.

There was a thread recently about bins on a beach in Donegal overflowing.
    I think the same point stands here. Ideally there should be more bins around the place but unfortunately these get abused on a regular basis and can end up being more trouble than they are worth.

The solution is more considerate and better educated people.
    Hanging bags of dog poo on trees is just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Im not taking my dog **** on an hours walk and home to the house. It is not my problem it is the councils.

It's not your problem then, but it's everyone elses problem. People who use the park or the path or the street.

It is a pain, but if you walk your dog, it is your responsibility to dispose of your dogs poo correctly.

Larianne wrote: »
    It's not your problem then, but it's everyone elses problem. People who use the park or the path or the street.

It is a pain, but if you walk your dog, it is your responsibility to dispose of your dogs poo correctly.

As said numerous times on here I dont leave the **** on paths or hanging from trees in parks, I always pick it up and if there are no bins around I just place it on the road. I wont change my views, this is what I do. The end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

what!!!!!! "Place it on the road" - what???? for someone to stand in it and it to burst like a balloon and spray it all over the place. You may as well not pick it up at all. Surely, your route has a bin. Mine has plenty. I pick up my dogs poo and put it in the bin. I may have a walk a couple of minutes but I put it in the bin.
    If your route does not have a bin, then chose a different one that has one

I have a hard plastic container that's tied onto the leash. you can buy rolls of small bags for it. It's very handy.

As said earlier again, 99% of the time I am able to find a bin. Its strange or just great to read that all the dog ****s found on dublin streets and not one member on here would admit to ever being guilty of this, ever.

another example I take around 5 bags with me as the dog does about 2-3 ****s on average but a few times it has done more ****s than bags I have taken with me - unfortunately this does get left behind and whilst I feel guilty -there is nothing else that can be done

Finally maybe I will do as you suggest and just leave the **** on the pavement instead of the road if I cant find a bin -as you say its just the same thing?

Some people choose pets over children because they can't be arsed cleaning up after them or they hate kids, then they go out with their dog and let them **** on the street for everyone else to step in.
    Hanging **** on a railings is just disgusting and selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Are you saying there isn't a litter bin within half an hours walk from your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Some people choose pets over children because they can't be arsed cleaning up after them or they hate kids, then they go out with their dog and let them **** on the street for everyone else to step in.
    Hanging **** on a railings is just disgusting and selfish.

True. As a dog owner myself, I hate these people as they get a bad name for everyone. I always clean up after mine but sometimes if you're not ready to essentially hold the bag under your dog as he poops, people are gearing up to scream at you. Sometimes mine will do one on the far side of the green/park or whatever and it might be there for 20 seconds before I walk over and take the pooh bag from my pocket. Even with this delay I can feel the dirty looks. It's as if cleaning it isn't enough, pooing in the first place is wrong lol

Are you saying there isn't a litter bin within half an hours walk from your house?

No Never said that. tonight I walked my dog just over an hour, dog did 3 ****s for anybody that is interested and I completed a 100% conversion rate of placing the ****s into a bin

Often I walk far with the dog and there has been the odd occassion where there has been a lack of bins for a considerable distance

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Well, at least some people make the effort in Dublin.

Try visiting Galway, where the roads are paved with dog sh1te. And nobody seems to care about enforcing the law down there either.

Knee deep in sh1te in some areas. Kids can't get to school in the mornings until the poo-plough arrives to clear out the drive. Old women have been known to get trapped in the stuff and die on their way to the shops.

Count your blessings you're on the right side of the Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Only one solution that I can see.

BAN DOG OWNERSHIP and we wont have this problem

Nah just collect all the ****, and throw it at the owners houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Nah just collect all the ****, and throw it at the owners houses.

yeah - that would really work :rolleyes:

yeah - that would really work :rolleyes:

Woof!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I read a tip about clearing up dog turds (left behind by those all too common, inconsiderate, selfish, anti-social, loutish, irresponsible dog owners.)

Save the fat from your fry-up and pour some of it over the turds. Shouldn't be long disappearing.

Can't say I've tried it yet but there a stretch of pavement on a residential road near me which would be ideal. It's strewn with turds in various stages of decay which are probably from the same dog's daily walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Often I walk far with the dog and there has been the odd occassion where there has been a lack of bins for a considerable distance

So just bring it home with you. It's not rocket science, and I presume you have some sort of waste collection service at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

So just bring it home with you. It's not rocket science, and I presume you have some sort of waste collection service at home?
    yeah bring it home its not that hard to carry a light plastic bag around!!

No. Ive said numerous times I will not taking it home. It goes on the roadside in a bag if I cant find a bin. For the last time, this happens very very very rarely but it does happen. I apologise for my honesty but there you go.

People how have dogs should also be members of this board that way all **** would always be picked up, bar me of course :rolleyes:

Finally if you see some **** outside and it really annoys you, pick it up yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

I apologise for my honesty but there you go.

It's not your honesty you ought to be apologising for.

• Advertisement

amdgilmore wrote: »
    It's not your honesty you ought to be apologising for.

I dont really care to be honest, just try not to step in my dog's **** :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement