Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England to play Ireland next May.

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No. They closed Craven Cottage for refurb and shared with QPR at Loftus Road for a couple of seasons about 10 years ago.

I know, I'm saying I heard talk of further work at the Cottage this season and another ground share arrangement with QPR. As I said, that was a few months ago.
    Doesn't really matter anyway as its obviously not happening.

Craven Cottage is still a kip though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

mike65 wrote: »
    As he is British and not English I'd say he'll be playing golf or screwing his lovely fit girlfriend
    Wozniaki is many things but she is neither of those.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

nbar12 wrote: »
    can't wait to rip the seats out of Wembley and go rioting! who's with me?

Harumph!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

grenache wrote: »
    Wozniaki is many things but she is neither of those.

he must think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

mike65 wrote: »
    he must think so

A big step down from Holly definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

keano_afc wrote: »
    I think the most important question here is, who is Rory McIlroy going to cheer for?
    And will he bring Caroline with him?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Has this been confirmed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Has this been confirmed yet?

I think they need the FA to confirm the dates of England's other Summer fixtures first as they want to do a few games in Brazil and will fit the end of season home friendly around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Confirmed now on SSN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Lars1916 wrote: »
    []

Never found out, why they pick Cravan Cottage? Because Damian Duff played for Fulham?

Suppose it's not like they'd be selling out the emirates for an irish glamor friendly such as this. The capacity, location and cost probably ensure its the logical choice if the game is to be played in the uk

It they are to play in the uk , Celtic park wouldn't be a bad idea for an Irish friendly. It'd probably draw a decent crowd, though Glasgow is a bit out of the way, assuming the rationale behind London is that it's convenient for the players

Surprised to hear the criticism of craven corttege. I've not been, but a few friends have said to me it's their favourite away ground as its proper old skool, which creates a decent atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cant wait!!!! Its been far too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Excellent news.

Apart from getting a chance to see the EPL footballers many of us support take on our own countrymen, it should be quite a financial spinner for the FAI.

Can't wait.

Was hoping it would be on weekend, but still will have to go.

Was there on 1995 as well as games against them in 1990-91 albeit young lad.

If Ireland win I'll need to call in sick for about a fortnight. It was bad enough when you beat us in the cricket.

C'mon the Three Lions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was hoping it would be on weekend, but still will have to go.

Was there on 1995 as well as games against them in 1990-91 albeit young lad.

I remember taking a half day off Primary school for the game at Lansdowne Road in 91 for the afternoon kick off,God be the days with no floodlights at Lansdowne Road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Oh be-da-hokie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I remember taking a half day off Primary school for the game at Lansdowne Road in 91 for the afternoon kick off,God be the days with no floodlights at Lansdowne Road :)

Thats right. long gone are 3pm KO on a weekday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thats right. long gone are 3pm KO on a weekday.

Found it,it was November 1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

In relation to the England friendly next summer in Wembley. I have applied for a season ticket for this and next year and was wondering would season ticket holders get an allocation of tickets for these friendlys. I woudn't mind seeing us play the aul enemy in Wembley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

billyhead wrote: »
    In relation to the England friendly next summer in Wembley. I have applied for a season ticket for this and next year and was wondering would season ticket holders get an allocation of tickets for these friendlys. I woudn't mind seeing us play the aul enemy in Wembley

knowing the F.A.I you'll probably have to buy tickets for the next 10 seasons to get the england ticket.

you'd probably have more success buying it from the other side of the water if you don't mind sitting beside 20 stone bald fellas who don't like you very much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

LiamoSail wrote: »
    It they are to play in the uk , Celtic park wouldn't be a bad idea for an Irish friendly. It'd probably draw a decent crowd, though Glasgow is a bit out of the way, assuming the rationale behind London is that it's convenient for the players

Jesus that is a terrible idea.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    you'd probably have more success buying it from the other side of the water if you don't mind sitting beside 20 stone bald fellas who don't like you very much.

Who says I've got a spare ticket? :)

Your image of the typical Wembley-goer is pretty out of date, by the way. I'm sure that this game will see a few knuckle-draggers come out of the woodwork but Wembley is usually full of families.

Advertisement