Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Any updates?

Not expecting mine until at least the 24th but probably later.

See this morning's message!!!!
    We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Surely a good sign? Dispatching tomorrow so? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

nightster1 wrote: »
    See this morning's message!!!!
    We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later.
    Surely a good sign? Dispatching tomorrow so? :D

I've seen this before. Not a sign of anything but a lot of people checking their orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Aodhagan wrote: »
    His expected delivery date estimate is longer than ours but yet his gets shipped before our ones. Apple favouring the US as usual.

DubDJ wrote: »
    His expected delivery date estimate is longer than ours but yet his gets shipped before our ones. Apple favouring the US as usual.

Definitely looks like a case of Apple fulfilling orders to T1 countries before T2 even though they ordered after us.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »

Definitely looks like a case of Apple fulfilling orders to T1 countries before T2 even though they ordered after us.

Well his order date was the 28th too but you'd think they'd give us, who are on the first round of orders, first look. They gave him an estimated ship date of a lot later though, that's the strange part. I've a feeling they'll ship them on Wedneaday. I'm expecting the new iTunes to be announced at the press event too. Wednesday will be an exciting day. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Definitely agree about Tier 1 countries getting favouritism.

They had 2 weeks before us to order the phone and when they order the same date that it became available here and get it shipped first, it is quite annoying.

Anyways.. we have hope that things will change tomorrow and maybe a delivery this week which will be within Apple's window. After all, it could take 2-3 days to deliver when shipped to us whereas it could be a week before they get theirs delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

I ordered mine on the 27th and immediately afterwards the money was debited from my ESB account (I ordered on a debit card.) My account has stayed that way, until this evening, when I checked it (admittedly I haven't checked my balance for a couple of days) and the money is back. I see that the same has happened to a few posters previously in the thread but in my case they seemed to hang on to the money for over two weeks. What's anyone think- good, bad or just normal?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Calraigh B wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 27th and immediately afterwards the money was debited from my ESB account (I ordered on a debit card.) My account has stayed that way, until this evening, when I checked it (admittedly I haven't checked my balance for a couple of days) and the money is back. I see that the same has happened to a few posters previously in the thread but in my case they seemed to hang on to the money for over two weeks. What's anyone think- good, bad or just normal?!

When you order, Apple "authorise" the funds from your card; i.e. check to see that you have the funds available. It's the same as when you check into a hotel and they swipe your card, they're just making sure you have the funds to pay. You won't notice it with a credit card but with a debit card the funds actually appear to be taken from your account. It's the downside of ordering with a Debit Card. When the phone ships they will take the full amount from your card, this is called "capture". All part of the "authorise and capture" process with payment processors.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    When you order, Apple "authorise" the funds from your card; i.e. check to see that you have the funds available. It's the same as when you check into a hotel and they swipe your card, they're just making sure you have the funds to pay. You won't notice it with a credit card but with a debit card the funds actually appear to be taken from your account. It's the downside of ordering with a Debit Card. When the phone ships they will take the full amount from your card, this is called "capture". All part of the "authorise and capture" process with payment processors.

Aha, mystery solved. Cheers Dougal!

p.s You wouldn't think of maybe goin' for a part in Sherlock, no?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Any ideas where I could possibly buy it in store in 2 weeks, really don't want to wait 4 weeks to get it :(

Doesn't look like ill be getting it this week. Still processing :(

When we finally get the dispatch notification, where exactly are they dispatched from? Cork?

When we finally get the dispatch notification, where exactly are they dispatched from? Cork?

Not Cork. Most likely the UK. So we still could be on for a Wednesday delivery if anything changes today.

Be nice to have it for the long weekend anyway! Fingers crossed (again!)

UK customers are getting theirs delivered on the last days of their estimate windows and they ordered before us.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My sister ordered hers last Thursday as an upgrade from meteor and it arrived this morning.

For all those still waiting........it's worth it. I have mine a month now and I'm still delighted with it after moving from the 4.

kceire wrote: »
    My sister ordered hers last Thursday as an upgrade from meteor and it arrived this morning.

For all those still waiting........it's worth it. I have mine a month now and I'm still delighted with it after moving from the 4.

Yes but we are waiting for ones unlocked, direct from Apple.

Those are the extra magical ones.

They sprinkle them with extra fairy dust and the box comes with a vial of unicorns blood. :p

They sprinkle them with extra fairy dust and the box comes with a vial of unicorns blood. :p

http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Canned-Unicorn-Meat/dp/B004CRYE2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350898639&sr=8-1&keywords=unicorn+meat

:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Agh I know. It sounds good now but my back garden is destroyed from the bloody unicorn that came with mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I don't think we're going to have it this week. From reading the uk threads they're only getting them on the last days of their delivery windows.
    I'm just going to put it out of my head and accept it'll be late next week when it arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just a heads up to all,my order has just changed to ...Preparing for shipment.So its probably the same for the rest of you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Preparing for shipment too , finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

bazzz wrote: »
    Just a heads up to all,my order has just changed to ...Preparing for shipment.So its probably the same for the rest of you.;)

Same here dude hope it arrives by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

wohooo... me too !

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

mine changed too :D:D:D oh my god im sooooo EXCITTTTEDDD :D

Same here just checked and its preparing for shipment. Looks like we'll have it by the earlier delivery date estimate :D Although I've ordered stuff just recently. It prepared for shipment and shipped on the same day. And I got it the day after. But dunno about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

DubDJ wrote: »
    Same here just checked and its preparing for shipment. Looks like we'll have it by the earlier delivery date estimate :D Although I've ordered stuff just recently. It prepared for shipment and shipped on the same day. And I got it the day after. But dunno about this.

yea was just going to ask, does it mostly prepare and ship on same day? or is there a day between?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

preparing for shipment here also, bout time says me, hopefully its delivered by friday, heading to london saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Yeahhh mine changed too :D thanks for the heads up guys!

Advertisement