Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Yeahhh mine changed too :D thanks for the heads up guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'd be very surprised if everyone didnt have theirs by this week sometime. Most likely you'll be able to track the phone from later on tonight. Every single thing I've ordered from Apple has changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' and then to 'Shipped' all in the space of about 6-8 hours. Has anyone with the later November 1-2 delivery estimate has theirs shipped too? Mine was 24th - 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if everyone didnt have theirs by this week sometime. Most likely you'll be able to track the phone from later on tonight. Every single thing I've ordered from Apple has changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' and then to 'Shipped' all in the space of about 6-8 hours. Has anyone with the later November 1-2 delivery estimate has theirs shipped too? Mine was 24th - 31st.

I've got the later date and its preparing to ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Yeah mine was/is dated 25th Oct - 1st Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Me too nice. So can we expect by Friday at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Preparing for shipment here with delivery 24th - 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Mines delivery date for 26th - 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I can only pay cash so I'm stuck waiting patiently for them to come into stock somewhere :[

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    Mines delivery date for 26th - 2nd

Yeah that's what I expected. Apple would ship all the first round of orders together even if the dates were slightly different.

Yeah that's what I expected. Apple would ship all the first round of orders together even if the dates were slightly different.

Delighted :D yea but they must give a day or too extra depending on where you live in ireland or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Preparing for shipment. About time. :P

Delighted :D yea but they must give a day or too extra depending on where you live in ireland or something...

This ^

I checked various locations at the time of ordering and they all had different dates.

Hopefully they will ship tonight and that would definitely mean a delivery tomorrow if it's coming from Tamworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I only ordered mine on the 5th October so its still being processed. Delivery dates are from 31st Oct - 6th Nov. Hopefully I'll get confirmation of shipping by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Perfect timing :-)
    My Speakeasy Tones case arrived this morning. Hopefully it'll arrive wed or thurs. :-)

So guys...

Anyone going to install as new and just activate iCloud and then re-install your apps or are people just going to restore from iCloud?

I get paranoid about these things and feel the phone will be fresher/faster installed as new and just re-downloading apps etc.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

will have it by the end of the week.

my macbook air (2011 model) there was a 3 week lead time on it as i pimped it to the nines. it shipped from china on wednesday, had it on my desk on friday afternoon.

great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Aodhagan wrote: »
    So guys...

Anyone going to install as new and just activate iCloud and then re-install your apps or are people just going to restore from iCloud?

I get paranoid about these things and feel the phone will be fresher/faster installed as new and just re-downloading apps etc.

Thoughts?

It will certainly make sure you choose exactly what you need and don't need. I'm going to restore just to get all my contacts and mail setup just the way I had it before, because I spent a considerable amount of time setting up all my accounts on there.

On my 4 I had 2 pages of apps, including the standard page, and only one folder, so I never had a lot of apps anyway, so that wouldn't bother me having to reinstall them

"To the Chinese... waheeeey!!!"

Aodhagan wrote: »
    So guys...

Thoughts?

Gonna set up as new myself as its an upgrade in storage so ill be adding a lot of new apps I previously had to deleted. But adding all my iCloud synced data back such as contacts and calendars.

Gonna set up as new myself as its an upgrade in storage so ill be adding a lot of new apps I previously had to deleted. But adding all my iCloud synced data back such as contacts and calendars.

Same here so. Messages and photo's etc will be gone but saved to P/S anyway and iCloud will automatically bring back the contacts, etc so setting up as new makes most sense for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

What's everyone doing about nano sims?
    I'm hoping three have prepay ones in their stores. Going to get one tomorrow.

L5 wrote: »
    What's everyone doing about nano sims?
    I'm hoping three have prepay ones in their stores. Going to get one tomorrow.

iv had mine for bout 3 weeks now. got it out of the three shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

iv had mine for bout 3 weeks now. got it out of the three shop.

Are you bill or prepay? Did you have to pay anything for the sim?

I'm on Vodafone Bill Pay. It was free.

He didn't even ask was I a customer never mind was I pre-pay or Bill-Pay :)

im prepay, no it was free

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Mine is "preparing for shipment".

Ordered on the 28th at apple.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Mine has gone to "preparing for shipment" as well.

Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

pilot1087 wrote: »

Exciting!

Preparing for Shipment Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 24 Oct, 2012 - 31 Oct, 2012
    😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

pilot1087 wrote: »

Exciting!

Grrrrr :rolleyes: mine only has my cancel or return option removed :P But I guess it's progress :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Piliger wrote: »
    Grrrrr :rolleyes: mine only has my cancel or return option removed :P But I guess it's progress :D

hang in there

Advertisement