Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just reviewed the shipped email and tracking page is up. Delivers by the 24th. UPS tracking number isn't available yet. Should be there in a few hours. It's none of those Apple provide now. It'll start with a 'z' I think and 13 digits long iirc. Not sure about TNT though.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

tnt delivery myself mine has just arrived at east midlands airport, found tnt to be very quick with stuff ordered from apple, recently ordered a external hard drive and it was delivered next day lunch time from dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

My TNT tracking number is now up and the est. delivery date is changed from the 24th to the 23rd now that TNT actually have it in their possession

Brian017 wrote: »
    My TNT tracking number is now up and the est. delivery date is changed from the 24th to the 23rd now that TNT actually have it in their possession

Same thing will probably happen with the UPS orders. It's happened a good bit in the past with stuff I've gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Shipped with UPS... brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

yayy mine shipped, delivery on or b4 25th... :D:D

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    yayy mine shipped, delivery on or b4 25th... :D:D

How do i track on ups??

The tracking page from Apple is updated now with my UPS tracking number. It's along the lines of this: 1ZW7V1xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just pasted it in on ups.com/ie and it says a label has been created. But most likely I'd say I'll have the new iPhone tomorrow.

How do i track on ups??

Wait a few hours until the tracking number appears (it will begin with 1Z usually) and enter that into the tracking section of their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Brian017 wrote: »

Wait a few hours until the tracking number appears (it will begin with 1Z usually) and enter that into the tracking section of their site

Shipped happy days.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    The tracking page from Apple is updated now with my UPS tracking number. It's along the lines of this: 1ZW7V1xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just pasted it in on ups.com/ie and it says a label has been created. But most likely I'd say I'll have the new iPhone tomorrow.

i have a tracking number but its just numbers no letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Shipped Happy days delivery by the 23rd :)

just wondering where are the iphones coming from?

The proper UPS number will show up later

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Is it ups or TNT I have just numbers as well and the TNT site says no order found.

wush06 wrote: »
    Is it ups or TNT I have just numbers as well and the TNT site says no order found.

its ups..

Yeah those tracking numbers probably aren't the right ones. Apple really should leave them blank until it becomes available. Once my order has details ill post where it's shipping from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Wooooooottt!

That's all I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Yeah those tracking numbers probably aren't the right ones. Apple really should leave them blank until it becomes available. Once my order has details ill post where it's shipping from.
    Mine is in transit from East Midlands Airport (originally from Nuneaton) via TNT. The tracking number provided was the correct one for me, but no info was available for the first couple of hours, then suddenly 4 updates appeared at once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

TNT seems to be up on the tracking ups no so much at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Johnmb wrote: »
    Mine is in transit from East Midlands Airport (originally from Nuneaton) via TNT. The tracking number provided was the correct one for me, but no info was available for the first couple of hours, then suddenly 4 updates appeared at once!

Mine's there as well- it feckin better be delivered tomorrow!

Still have a yellow banner saying the label is being created and details will be applied once they recieve the order on the UPS site. I'd say by morning ill be able to track it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Calraigh B wrote: »
    Mine's there as well- it feckin better be delivered tomorrow!

Here's a usual scenario from previous iPhone shipments with TNT..........

03 Nov 2011 08:38:28 Dublin Out For Delivery.
    03 Nov 2011 07:54:38 Dublin Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
    03 Nov 2011 06:00:00 Dublin Delay. Recovery Action Underway
    03 Nov 2011 03:39:32 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    03 Nov 2011 03:19:21 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    02 Nov 2011 21:44:17 East Midlands Airport Shipment In Transit.
    02 Nov 2011 21:34:14 East Midlands Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    02 Nov 2011 20:45:00 Nuneaton Shipment In Transit.
    02 Nov 2011 20:08:51 Nuneaton Shipment In Transit.

This is taken from the 4s order thread,so you can gather some kind of
    idea how the shipment works.Why the panic on the thread??Everyone's iPhone will reach them this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

To all of you eagerly waiting, you will not be disappointed. Got my new iPhone 5 last Friday - well impressed. Blazing fast, even safari browsing seems a lot faster. Battery is an improvement, was able to compare this today.

Worth the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Was giving up hope of getting it this week my delivery window was 25th to 1st,shipped to Cork by UPS,with any luck ill have it tomorrow,delighted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Quick question to anyone who bought the iPhone 5 off Apple at the end of September,has it come through on your credit card statement yet?

EdK wrote: »
    Quick question to anyone who bought the iPhone 5 off Apple at the end of September,has it come through on your credit card statement yet?

The charge tends to show up a day or two after you get the item from Apple. So if not before the weekend it should be charged by Monday.

Finally have info from UPS. It's shipping from Tamworth with an expected delivery date of Wedneaday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

The charge tends to show up a day or two after you get the item from Apple. So if not before the weekend it should be charged by Monday.

Finally have info from UPS. It's shipping from Tamworth with an expected delivery date of Wedneaday.

Why did some people get ups and some TNT?
    All I can think of is that I ordered accessories with mine(2 additional lightning to USB cables) so maybe they have to go to a different warehouse etc and they use TNT for orders with accessories?

Mine hasn't updated since 9pm last night at East Midlands airport, but delivery says it will be today !

L5 wrote: »
    All I can think of is that I ordered accessories with mine(2 additional lightning to USB cables) so maybe they have to go to a different warehouse etc and they use TNT for orders with accessories?

Mine hasn't updated since 9pm last night at East Midlands airport, but delivery says it will be today !

I dunno but it's always been the same Apple have always shipped using both companies. It's always been ups for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

L5 wrote: »

Mine hasn't updated either. I knew I was getting my hopes up for nothing for a delivery this morn

Advertisement