Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Getting fed up of waiting now.

Can't figure why they don't deliver all orders when in the area.Delivery is up to 5, so can't be long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

If you're with Three, the swap to nano-sim is free. They warn it might take 3-4 hours, but only took an hour for me. All is good. TNT delivered by 12.30 in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MissTarney

It upsets me very much this thing about UPS. Not only things are not going to be delivered today (most likely), but there's no updates on their system since last night. I guess swimmers are bringing the phones from Tamworth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

nightster1 wrote: »

Can't figure why they don't deliver all orders when in the area.Delivery is up to 5, so can't be long now.

Mine was put on a different van at the last minute according to TNT. Not sure why or where that van is even going. The longer it goes on the less likely it looks like it's going to show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The reason the UPS orders haven't changed isn't because the system is frozen IMO. I think they're still sitting in Tamworth. Usually they ship across sea overnight. So I've a feeling later tonight they'll update and we'll get regular updates until tomorrow morning. They should have shipped from Tanworth last night but maybe there was a problem for UPS that delayed them by a day. In past experience UPS have been great for deliveries though.

• Advertisement

TNT are absolute aresholes. They just rang me to re-schedule the delivery for tomorrow because they put it on the wrong van this morning. I stayed at home all day waiting for it missing college lectures. I rang them around 11am and was told on the phone it would be delivered today.

The driver is driving back to the depot which is 10 minutes away from me and they still won't deliver on the way back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

TNT are absolute aresholes. They just rang me to re-schedule the delivery for tomorrow because they put it on the wrong van this morning. I stayed at home all day waiting for it missing college lectures. I rang them around 11am and was told on the phone it would be delivered today.

The driver is driving back to the depot which is 10 minutes away from me and they still won't deliver on the way back!!

Can you go to the depot and collect it?
    Bad form that they won't deliver seeing as it was their fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Mines week 40 (October)

L5 wrote: »
    Can you go to the depot and collect it?
    Bad form that they won't deliver seeing as it was their fault!

I rang again and asked the main helpline and they won't deliver today, even though the driver is going back around now.

Collecting in person means a €25 taxi fare. No thanks. They should have let me know this at 11am not 4pm when I spent the whole day waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

That's just a bummer:(.Could you go to the depot and collect it yourself.

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    That's just a bummer:(.Could you go to the depot and collect it yourself.

Any idea what time they stay open until?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'd imagine 5 o clock ish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

TNT just arrived with mine!!! :D gonna scoot into the shops to try to get a nano sim before they close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Brian017 wrote: »
    TNT just arrived with mine!!! :D gonna scoot into the shops to try to get a nano sim before they close!

I'd. Have hope but I don't think ups delivered to anyone today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Any idea what time they stay open until?
    I'd imagine 5 o clock ish?

Yeah I'm not too sure,worth another phone call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Mine just delivered, I'm in Dublin, delira. Now just waiting for the number to port.
    Beeyootiful piece of gear.

Can't collect it this evening. Looks like I'm going to be doing it all again tomorrow.

Calraigh B wrote: »
    Mine just delivered, I'm in Dublin, delira. Now just waiting for the number to port.
    Beeyootiful piece of gear.

TNT?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

No joy with UPS today, that's them of the Christmas list lol (-: did any one get a phone from UPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Can't collect it this evening. Looks like I'm going to be doing it all again tomorrow.
    It's worth the wait. The ip5 is a beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

UPS By end of day Tommorow...still in UK at present!

Wasnt expecting it till then.....Tnt guys seems to have faired better!!!

cramp

cramp wrote: »
    UPS By end of day Tommorow...still in UK at present!

Wasnt expecting it till then.....Tnt guys seems to have faired better!!!

cramp

Did you call them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

L5 wrote: »
    Mines week 40 (October)

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Weird my ups tracker just changed the delivery date to the 23rd just now.. It still says its in transit from the uk and now says on time..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@mad muffin

no m8
    just stick ur delivery referance number( not order number) into UPS site!!!
    iam sure works the same with TNT!

cramp

Ups says it'll be delivered by today now, guess they screwed up! Joke

cramp wrote: »
    @mad muffin

no m8
    just stick ur delivery referance number( not order number) into UPS site!!!
    iam sure works the same with TNT!

cramp

Mine says tues 23rd by end of day, which is 7pm

I'd say it will not arrive by end of day.

mad muffin wrote: »

Mine says tues 23rd by end of day, which is 7pm

I'd say it will not arrive by end of day.

Not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MissTarney

Mine was changed as well to today. By the end of day. However the location hasn't changed. Does this mean I have to go back to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

mad muffin wrote: »

TNT?
    TNT yeah. Not bad service to be honest.

Advertisement