Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Wonder what the queue is going to be like at Victoria Square on 21st Sept??? The hysteria is building already....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aodhagan wrote: »
    How on earth is that possible?

Launch date = 28th September.

Apple Online Store start taking orders from Ireland = 28th September.

As per all my previous posts, i am basing my view on the hopes that tier 2 countries get the same treatment and being allowed to pre-order one week prior to official launch.

IRL pre order on 21st for delivery 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

kceire wrote: »
    As per all my previous posts, i am basing my view on the hopes that tier 2 countries get the same treatment and being allowed to pre-order one week prior to official launch.

IRL pre order on 21st for delivery 28th.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works.

One can only but hope :)

One can only but hope :)

If it was the case, we would get a message on the IE store saying "Pre-order's begin 08:00am Sept 21st" or whatever showed up for US & UK customers.

It's going to be the 28th and it won't ship for a few weeks bottom line.

Only other option is go to Belfast or hope Carphone Warehouse or the Vodafone's etc stock the phone from day one.

• Advertisement

If it was the case, we would get a message on the IE store saying "Pre-order's begin 08:00am Sept 21st" or whatever showed up for US & UK customers.

It's going to be the 28th and it won't ship for a few weeks bottom line.

Only other option is go to Belfast or hope Carphone Warehouse or the Vodafone's etc stock the phone from day one.

I would imagine they have a few for immediate delivery though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

IRL store is unlikely to do pre-orders IMO. They didn't for the iPad3 when most other countries did.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

JoeA3 wrote: »
    IRL store is unlikely to do pre-orders IMO. They didn't for the iPad3 when most other countries did.

They did, I ordered an iPad 3 via the Apple store and had it in my hand on launch. Same with the 4S, had a week's pre-order window for launch day deliveries.

Pre-orders will open up on next Friday. Apple never pre-announces these things on their website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ireland isn't getting whatever's left over from the UK - there'll be a pot of iPhones earmarked for us.

Therefore initially there will be stock which some people will get quickly, and after that the ship time will quickly stretch as stock disappears. Just like in every other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Tunesmiff wrote: »
    They did, I ordered an iPad 3 via the Apple store and had it in my hand on launch. Same with the 4S, had a week's pre-order window for launch day deliveries.

Pre-orders will open up on next Friday. Apple never pre-announces these things on their website.

No they didn't. There were no pre orders for the new iPad on the irish apple store.

• Advertisement

No they didn't. There were no pre orders for the new iPad on the irish apple store.

Knew I wasn't dreaming. I bought the new iPad on launch day in PC World. You couldn't order it online from apple before that date although I remember they did dispatch orders quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Knew I wasn't dreaming. I bought the new iPad on launch day in PC World. You couldn't order it online from apple before that date although I remember they did dispatch orders quickly.

Yep same as. Think though there was instantly two week shipping when it launched on the Irish apple store.

Yep. That guy is lying or confused. They took orders online on release day, not before.

I got mine on release day in Harvey Norman's though. Unfortunately these places don't do the iPhone's.

I think I'll just bite the bullet and order from Apple.com/ie at 08:00 on the 28th and hopefully get it within two weeks but I'm not confident about it.

I think I'll just bite the bullet and order from Apple.com/ie at 08:00 on the 28th and hopefully get it within two weeks but I'm not confident about it.

Im seriously considering going up to Belfast next Friday.
    im off work and am iPhone/Smartphoneless nearly a week now!!!

I'd love to but I'm a little bit too far away.

Not liking the price in £ either.

I'd love to but I'm a little bit too far away.

Not liking the price in £ either.

thats my fear tbh, the exchange rate.
    I paid 599stg for the 4 up there 2 years ago, so was expecting that tbh.
    Works out about 750e or so, it will probably be 729 or something here when its released.

I imagine that the iP5 will be between €620-650 on the Apple online store in Ireland.

People are reading too much into the prices in other European online stores.

If you can wait, get on Apple.com/ie - if not, head to Belfast.

It's going to be starting at €679 lads. I think that much is as plain as day.
    It's wildly optimistic to expect it to be any cheaper IMO - I'll be delighted if I'm wrong obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sashalulu

What about all you bill pay people? Anyone know what the story is with it? I'm due an upgrade so I won't be ordering from Apple obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

So on the 28th , places like 3 , Vodafone , O2, meteor etc wont be selling the 5 to pre pay/ pay as you go customers? I'm sure if you queue early enough at a carphone warehouse you'll get one for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

adamtj09 wrote: »
    So on the 28th , places like 3 , Vodafone , O2, meteor etc wont be selling the 5 to pre pay/ pay as you go customers? I'm sure if you queue early enough at a carphone warehouse you'll get one for sure.

Where did you get that idea ? Of course the operators will be selling them on the 28th, just like they did for the iphone 4 and 4S.

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Where did you get that idea ? Of course the operators will be selling them on the 28th, just like they did for the iphone 4 and 4S.

Yeah but to people who want to get it on pre-pay and not billpay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Considering the same, don't know how I'll get one otherwise, selling my 4S now so I'll be phoneless for a few weeks (can't handle that).

Not due an upgrade with Three until April, so that's sort of out of the picture, so.. ordering online apple.ie or going to Belfast (probably take a while to be delivered from the website). When will people start queueing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's wildly optimistic to expect it to be any cheaper IMO - I'll be delighted if I'm wrong obviously!
    the 16gb 4s was €629 on the french and german store and €609 on the irish one
    not sure of the others but the o2 store i got my iphone 4 in said they were only for bill pay customers but a friend was in the queue and got one on prepay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

During the keynote it was stated that the iPhone 5 will be the same price but €679 is a whole €70 more expensive than I payed for a new iPhone 4s last year.

€70 is a big increase for a phone that's supposed to be the same price. :confused::confused:

BanjoB wrote: »
    During the keynote it was stated that the iPhone 5 will be the same price but €679 is a whole €70 more expensive than I payed for a new iPhone 4s last year.

€70 is a big increase for a phone that's supposed to be the same price. :confused::confused:

It's 609 from Apple unlocked and will be 589 network locked to a provider on pre-pay, thats what it was for the 4 and 4s.

It's 609 from Apple unlocked and will be 589 network locked to a provider on pre-pay, thats what it was for the 4 and 4s.

Just checked the German apple store and it's €679. Just don't understand why they stated it was the same price as th 4s when it's clearly not. Disappointing :(

http://store.apple.com/de/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

BanjoB wrote: »
    Just checked the German apple store and it's €679. Just don't understand why they stated it was the same price as th 4s when it's clearly not. Disappointing :(

http://store.apple.com/de/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

German price is different from Irish price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd nearly bet it will be €659 for the 16gb, there was €20 difference in the price of the 4 and 4s on the german/french and irish store

• Advertisement

German price is different from Irish price.

€679 equates to the £529 on the uk store so I don't know how it will be different on the Irish store. I really hope it's cheaper but evidently it's not the same price the 4s was on launch :(

Advertisement