Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Very happy with it , major speed improvement on my 4, which was getting very slow.
    Only disappointment is the ease with which it scuffs . I've a couple of tiny marks on it already . You'd need to really look for them to find them, but I can imagine in a years time they're all going to look pretty bad no matter how careful you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 frakked

Mine's been delivered, and had the sim sorted out by Carphonewarehouse in the end. Now the patient wait to getting home to iTunes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got mine delivered a few minutes ago by UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just for mine delivered a few minutes ago by UPS.

North or Southside?

pilot1087 wrote: »

North or Southside?

Northside. Same bloke who I've gotten stuff from in the past. The last few who are still waiting ill say will be sorted in the next hour.

• Advertisement

frakked wrote: »
    Mine's been delivered, and had the sim sorted out by Carphonewarehouse in the end. Now the patient wait to getting home to iTunes...

You can activate it without iTunes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Northside. Same bloke who I've gotten stuff from in the past. The last few who are still waiting ill say will be sorted in the next hour.

I hope so. Not knowing if its en route or not I'm literally going insane waiting here cause I need to leave in the next hour at the very latest. :(

Worst part is when your really sick, and you finally get the new iPhone your waiting weeks for but not feeling up to enjoying it :( First World Problem or what :P

Worst part is when your really sick, and you finally get the new iPhone your waiting weeks for but not feeling up to enjoying it :( First World Problem or what :P

And also needing to get a nano sim. Do you wait in for the courier and get your wife to get it.

Risk that its not being delivered and go get it yourself?

Blah... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The earpods are very good quality. Majorly impressed.

Everything about this phone has been fine tuned and improved. It's incredible.

Hope everyone has theirs by the end of the day :-)
    Yay! I agree, I think the ear pods are excellent too.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »

And also needing to get a nano sim. Do you wait in for the courier and get your wife to get it.

Risk that its not being delivered and go get it yourself?

Blah... :cool:

Lucky for me I was walking by Meteor around 3 weeks ago so popped in and got them to port me over to a nano sim. Had ordered everything in advance so just came home and popped it into an adapter and been using it since. I've had everything ready for the iPhone weeks now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Still waiting... UPS are really letting me down. It's not the first time either.

skyflyer wrote: »
    Still waiting... UPS are really letting me down. It's not the first time either.

Where abouts are you? I wonder if we have the same driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Yes!!! Just got mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What model did you get? Impressions?

What model did you get? Impressions?

64 GB Black. I haven't even set it up. Just opened and checked for damage/scuffs and seems to be fine. It's noticeably lighter. And feels very cold for some reason haha. Have to throw a case and screen protector on. Gonna be setting it up from scratch too.

Can people please check something for me?

On my iPhone 5, pressing down on all corners of the screen is solid but on the top left it's loose. As if the screen isn't fitted properly.

Can you see if yours is the same? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

On my iPhone 5, pressing down on all corners of the screen is solid but on the top left it's loose. As if the screen isn't fitted properly.

I checked mine. No loose feeling. It feels solid all over.

Ur[s]uS wrote: »

Must be an issue then. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just went to preparing for shipping ext delivery hasnt changed yet, 26th - 1st Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 TigerTea

Mine was supposed to arrive today but still nothing. :(
    Does anyone know what time UPS deliver until?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 frakked

L5 wrote: »
    You can activate it without iTunes .

I'm restoring from my current phone's backup :(

Ur[s]uS wrote: »

Same, no loose feeling in top left corner. Solid all round

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1474830

Seems to be a known fault with some of them. You just got unlucky :/

Thanks guys.

Rang Apple. They're shipping a replacement in 3-5 days.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1474830

Seems to be a known fault with some of them. You just got unlucky :/

That's me :p

That's me :p

Haha was just thinking it could be! Good few other threads about it. Sucks but no point in putting up with a faulty phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine solid all round.
    White 32gb bought in Belfast on launch day.

Haha was just thinking it could be! Good few other threads about it. Sucks but no point in putting up with a faulty phone.

It's all working out ok though because I get to keep using this until the new one arrives :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Posting from my iPhone 5. It's brilliant. So zippy even compared to the 4s. The earpods sound great too. No regrets. Just annoyed it took till near 5 for UPS to deliver it.

Advertisement