Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Rang Apple. They're shipping a replacement in 3-5 days.

Did you have to ask to keep the phone until then? I think my screen has a tiny dead pixel on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Fiddlex wrote: »

Did you have to ask to keep the phone until then? I think my screen has a tiny dead pixel on it...

No they said it. I was going to ask if they didn't though.

No they said it. I was going to ask if they didn't though.

Do you have the number? All I can find is to reserve a date for them to ring me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone notice the "rattle" if you give the phone a shake??

Do you have the number? All I can find is to reserve a date for them to ring me.

Expresslane.apple.com and choose Ireland instead of US or UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Mr Velo wrote: »

No rattle on mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Same on mine... hmmm..... concerned now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

That's the auto focus in the camera. You should notice it more if you tap on the phone near the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Same on mine... hmmm..... concerned now.

It's a known issue. Turns out its the sleep/wake button. Put your finger over it then shake the phone - no rattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

It's a known issue. Turns out its the sleep/wake button. Put your finger over it then shake the phone - no rattle.

Nothing to be worried about then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I was about to leave at 16:30 when the courier arrived.

Gruff little fellow. Said he tried to call and since I didn't answer I was lucky to get it...

Anyway. Love this phone. Besides a scuff on the inside of the sim tray on the far side, phone is flawless. :D

Expresslane.apple.com and choose Ireland instead of US or UK.

Thanks scheduled a call for 10:30am tomorrow. Better offer me a replacement without sending mine in first or I will be annoyed. This dead pixel is so small but really annoying!

Thanks scheduled a call for 10:30am tomorrow. Better offer me a replacement without sending mine in first or I will be annoyed. This dead pixel is so small but really annoying!

You paid €679 or more for your phone. No matter how small, if there is an issue you deserve to get it replaced with a perfect model.

You shouldn't be forced to go without a phone either so I expect they'll give you the same treatment.

You paid €679 or more for your phone. No matter how small, if there is an issue you deserve to get it replaced with a perfect model.

You shouldn't be forced to go without a phone either so I expect they'll give you the same treatment.

Yeah I feel kind of silly when I show others the dead pixels and they can't see them.. But they are there..

You're right for the price we pay the product should be flawless.

Yeah I feel kind of silly when I show others the dead pixels and they can't see them.. But they are there..

You're right for the price we pay the product should be flawless.

When I told my friend about my issue he acted like it wasn't even a big deal.

Glad I don't have to wait another 3-4 weeks for the replacement.

When I told my friend about my issue he acted like it wasn't even a big deal.

Glad I don't have to wait another 3-4 weeks for the replacement.

Yeah since they didn't pay for/own the phone it's not a big deal to them. But when you wait nearly 4 weeks and pay 600€+ on the phone it's annoying there's already a flaw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone had any luck reserving one from the Belfast store recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Got the phone around 4 today down to the 3 store for a nano sim to use as a

guide for sliming down the micro sim as 48 made a balls of issuing the sims.

Worked like a charm phone quick compared to my old 4S happy days:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My iPhone 5 has been fully set up and is running perfect. I'm being overly cautious with it though. Set it up from new as I upgraded storage and wanted to reorganise apps and add new ones.

My model was perfect out of the box. So far i'm noticing how snappy it really is compared to my iPhone 4. Apps open quicker and things just run smoothly. Internet is definitely much faster now. And so far i've only come across a small few apps not optimised for the new display.

For me things just look strange on the new screen. It's so much lighter too, I get why everyone says thats one of the first noticeable differences. The new cable is also really small. Even the usb end has shrunk and the plastic is almost flush with the USB metal. The Earpods i'm actually not too impressed with. Sound is basic and they're still loose in my ears. Gonna mess around with the audio settings though and see what I can do.

Overall really happy with my new update :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Like above, one of the first things I noticed was the colors on screen look so much vivid or brighter.

This is definitely a worth while upgrade for me, even though I was coming from a 4S.

The earpods are a good improvement over the previous earphones, but in fariness it doesn't take much to improve over them, they where simply atrocious.

• Advertisement

Like above, one of the first things I noticed was the colors on screen look so much vivid or brighter.

Yep. 44% more colour saturation. It's quite stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Overall so far I am really happy with it. It really is very quick. Opening and closing apps really fast. The browsing experience in safari is so much better. The improved wifi is a nice bonus even with my crappy internet at home. In general things just seem much snappier and smoother. No jerkiness...

The design of the phone is great. It's so light but yet doesn't feel cheap. It would be a real shame to put a case on it, but I'm terrified I'll scratch it.

The screen is absolutely fantastic. So much brighter, vivid colours and less reflection. The increased screen size is very welcome too. Makes apps quite a bit better. I never realised how crap my 4S display looked until I put them side by side and compared. Very impressed.

I'm very glad I ordered it. No regrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

So happy I decided to buy this phone and use it with 48. It really puts all of the competition in the shade. The iOS quality, the screen, the photos, the usability. KILLER.

Piliger wrote: »
    So happy I decided to buy this phone and use it with 48. It really puts all of the competition in the shade. The iOS quality, the screen, the photos, the usability. KILLER.

Killer? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got an email with the billing store documents. Also checked and my card has now been charged. iPhone transaction done :D

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got an email with the billing store documents. Also checked and my card has now been charged. iPhone transaction done :D

Got that email too followed shortly by the replacement phone email. 3-5 business days.

Got that email too followed shortly by the replacement phone email. 3-5 business days.

did you have to pay the 31€ fee? I couldn't do it as they only accept credit cards for express..

did you have to pay the 31€ fee? I couldn't do it as they only accept credit cards for express..

No. Why would there be a fee?

No. Why would there be a fee?

Well they said for express replacement they need a cc to hold 679€ incase you don't return the old phone and 31€ fee for the express to me. Although she said it would be 2-3 days for it to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Mine just shipped, money is still on my account :confused:

Advertisement