Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

adamtj09 wrote: »
    So on the 28th , places like 3 , Vodafone , O2, meteor etc wont be selling the 5 to pre pay/ pay as you go customers? I'm sure if you queue early enough at a carphone warehouse you'll get one for sure.

Very true, most if not all would prefer not to sell them on prepay for the first few weeks, They simply dont make enough money on them compared to contract. Sometimes there are restrictions on vodafone iphones(32GB,64GB).

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Was told by a member of staff from 3 today that they will have them in stores on the 28th & will most likely be taking pre orders by the end of this week.

We'll see. Hope its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Was told by a member of staff from 3 today that they will have them in stores on the 28th & will most likely be taking pre orders by the end of this week.

We'll see. Hope its true.

Oh I seriously hope that's true. I'm in a contract with them and would like to get my hands on a prepay iPhone and put my billpay sim in, actually, wonder will they have the nano sims in stock too? Can't remember if they had them in stock for the 4S launch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

I'm starting to ponder the idea of going to Belfast , I did it for the 4s last year and have family there so would be easy! And the fact that I'd have the phone on Friday rather than god knows when.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Never bought on launch day before...so if I have a bill pay phone, I can upgrade on the launch day right (confirmed to me I have an upgrade)?

• Advertisement

adamtj09 wrote: »
    I'm starting to ponder the idea of going to Belfast , I did it for the 4s last year and have family there so would be easy! And the fact that I'd have the phone on Friday rather than god knows when.

I'm thinking aswell, but I'd be travelling from Wexford. I've actually got a day off work that day, what time would I need to arrive there for the queues, and do you know if there are reservations done already? Because it might be pointless to travel up then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

funkyflea wrote: »
    I'm thinking aswell, but I'd be travelling from Wexford. I've actually got a day off work that day, what time would I need to arrive there for the queues, and do you know if there are reservations done already? Because it might be pointless to travel up then.

shop opens at 8am.
    No reservations, first come, first served.
    The staff will be walking along the que and handing out tickets and taking your order as such. Once you get the ticket, that ticket is tied to your order so you will deffo get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

No reservations I already rang the belfast apple store. And they wouldn't give me details on approx stock numbers either.

If it was anything like the iPhone 4 launch, when there WAS a reservation system, there was people queuing at 4 and 5am. Even with the reservation, I got there about 11am and was queuing for 4 hours! I imagine it will be 10 times worse this time around. You would want to be there for 5am at least I would imagine (and there'll still be a queue!).

Thought about it myself but then there's the problem of having no nano sims. Unless you're a micro surgeon and cut and file your own!

Elessar wrote: »
    No reservations I already rang the belfast apple store. And they wouldn't give me details on approx stock numbers either.

If it was anything like the iPhone 4 launch, when there WAS a reservation system, there was people queuing at 4 and 5am. Even with the reservation, I got there about 11am and was queuing for 4 hours! I imagine it will be 10 times worse this time around. You would want to be there for 5am at least I would imagine (and there'll still be a queue!).

Thought about it myself but then there's the problem of having no nano sims. Unless you're a micro surgeon and cut and file your own!

Right well, I'm not doing that so. Too far to travel and too much of a risk + no nano sims, might as well wait.

Hoping we can order them online for delivery on 28th. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm off on the launch day here, gonna take a saunter into town for around 7 and head for a Vodafone shop. If they have them, sweet, if they don't.. they don't.. I'm due an upgrade from Vodafone, but I'll pay outright for it. I'm just not paying full price from Apple again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sashalulu

I'm off on the launch day here, gonna take a saunter into town for around 7 and head for a Vodafone shop. If they have them, sweet, if they don't.. they don't.. I'm due an upgrade from Vodafone, but I'll pay outright for it. I'm just not paying full price from Apple again.

I'd say there'll be big queues in Dublin but there'll hardly be in the smaller towns like Monaghan etc...
    I'm due an upgrade myself.
    I heard that the white iPhone will be available on launch day, is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Like I said, I won't be crying if I don't get it on release day. I agree that the queues will be bigger in Dublin, but they'll also have more stock than the smaller shops. iPhone stock everywhere is usually pretty poor. I was in Vodafone with my pal a few months back and they didn't even have the 4s in anything more than 16GB.. Yes, the white one is out the same day, but I'd imagine they will have even fewer of those in stock! I was thinking about getting a white one this time myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Three Ireland are taking pre-orders: http://shop.three.ie/catalogue/products/iphone

From the FAQ

"Limited stock will be available from September 28th, but we expect to have sold out before then due to pre-orders."

For the rest of the FAQ:

http://www.three.ie/pdf/three_ie_iphone_5_qa.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭banchang

Yes but I note Three aren't offering preorders on Prepay, only Billpay contracts ?

They are, just not in stores apparently. I ordered one online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

Prepays are locked to Three's carrier band right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Tunesmiff wrote: »
    Prepays are locked to Three's carrier band right?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

What time on the 28th will the apple ie store sell the iPhone 5 at? From midnight on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fiddlex wrote: »
    What time on the 28th will the apple ie store sell the iPhone 5 at? From midnight on?

8am most likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If you bought it on Three Pre-Pay would it be easy to unlock it for another network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I hear 3 are not the friendliest bunch when unlocking a handset, would you not buy direct from Apple to avoid the potential inconvenience?

I hear 3 are not the friendliest bunch when unlocking a handset, would you not buy direct from Apple to avoid the potential inconvenience?

Could be a long wait. Hopefully they will give us a time when we will be able to order so I can be one of the first and hopefully get it shipped within the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

If I was ordering I'd be ordering direct from apple. Who knows how many phones 3 will have. At least ordering with apple gives you the best chance of getting one. Plus it won't be network locked.

They are, just not in stores apparently. I ordered one online.

You can pre-order in stores from today for collection on the 28th.

Cash paid on collection of your iPhone.

My local three wouldn't accept pre-orders on a prepay 5's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hi.
    I'm planning on heading up to my local O2 shop (in Maynooth or in Malahide, depending on where I stay the night before) and just buying one right then and there.
    Is that feasible? Or would there be complications, or anything I should know?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

My local three wouldn't accept pre-orders on a prepay 5's.

None of the carriers will. Bill pay customers will get preference over pre pay for weeks. If you want prepay, it'll have to be from the apple store online.

I guess it'll be another 3-4 weeks before I get my hands on one :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fbjm wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm planning on heading up to my local O2 shop (in Maynooth or in Malahide, depending on where I stay the night before) and just buying one right then and there.
    Is that feasible? Or would there be complications, or anything I should know?
    Thanks.

I'm hoping to do this too, I have a platinum upgrade and I'm not in work that day. Hopefully the price isn't crazy! Happy to go for a 24 month contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Just checked O2 website. I am due a Gold upgrade. iPhone 5 16GB is on the list of devices. Selected it and brought up a message stating you neet to sign up for a 24 Month contract. Phone costs €179. I am on a €40 plan, unlimited data.

No 32GB or 64GB devices as yet!!!

Advertisement