Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

where is better for buying three store or direct from apple? for warranties and insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Just checked O2 website. I am due a Gold upgrade. iPhone 5 16GB is on the list of devices. Selected it and brought up a message stating you neet to sign up for a 24 Month contract. Phone costs €179. I am on a €40 plan, unlimited data.

No 32GB or 64GB devices as yet!!!

Yes, I can see it. I can't seem to log in right now though, grr! I wonder about white, think I might prefer that colour. Although I will be putting a cover on it ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Pythia wrote: »
    I'm hoping to do this too, I have a platinum upgrade and I'm not in work that day. Hopefully the price isn't crazy! Happy to go for a 24 month contract.

Yeah, one can only hope!
    I'm planning on getting it prepay, So you never know. No harm in heading up and giving it a shot anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hazelanalyst

Anyone know what time the queues start on Grafton Street usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

upgrading online on friday for 18months with 02.wish i could go que in the morning but iv got work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

upgrading online on friday for 18months with 02.wish i could go que in the morning but iv got work.
    are you sure they are offering 18 month plans, every post here seems to mention 24 months

guil wrote: »
    are you sure they are offering 18 month plans, every post here seems to mention 24 months

thats just the offer they have at the moment for special customers( upgrade customers),but i was told by 02 that come friday 6month 12 and 18 months will be available

basically if you REALLLY WANT one you can pre order today but for 24months but if you wait until friday you can get it for less months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

thats just the offer they have at the moment for special customers( upgrade customers),but i was told by 02 that come friday 6month 12 and 18 months will be available

basically if you REALLLY WANT one you can pre order today but for 24months but if you wait until friday you can get it for less months
    i wouldn't listen to what any of the shop assistants say until its on paper, o2 usually wait until a day or 2 before release to give the prices

guil wrote: »
    i wouldn't listen to what any of the shop assistants say until its on paper, o2 usually wait until a day or 2 before release to give the prices

fair enough but id be shocked if they only offer 24 month contracts,also it wasnt a shop assistant,it was one of those online chat guys who work for 02,about an hour before that 02 rang me saying they were giving me an upgrade and i could buy the 5 on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

I've just ordered one with 3! It says that they will deliver by Friday if you're successfull! I hope so! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mitsybaby wrote: »
    I've just ordered one with 3! It says that they will deliver by Friday if you're successfull! I hope so! :)

Fingers crossed for ya!
    I am over the moon with mine, wasnt expecting it to be as good as it is if im honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If bought on Apple.ie, how long would one typically be waiting for shipment (based on previous years)?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

mitsybaby wrote: »

New customer or upgrade?

I just rang 3 this minute and they said NOBODY has ordered one yet.

Only registered their interest.

If bought on Apple.ie, how long would one typically be waiting for shipment (based on previous years)?

It depends, could be 2 weeks.
    I'd imagine theres limited stock for same day dispatch and some customers getting them on the Monday/Tuesday, but after that stock runs out your into 2 week delivery times like the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    New customer or upgrade?

I just rang 3 this minute and they said NOBODY has ordered one yet.

Only registered their interest.

I'm with 3 on a sim-only plan at the moment but I'm a new customer to a contract.. I got an email saying I've been approved but it says on the website that they'll ring Tuesday to confirm!

*You can pre-order on the website, it's not meant to be approved officially until Tuesday so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Also assuming the website itself (apple.ie) won't accept orders until 8am Friday morning or possibly midnight?

Also assuming the website itself (apple.ie) won't accept orders until 8am Friday morning or possibly midnight?

I'd say 8am Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

carphone warehouse are running a pre order, €50 gets you a guaranteed 16gb in black or white to be picked up after noon in any cpw store. just confirmed mine, very happy camper! wont need to be at an O2 store at stupid o'clock on friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    carphone warehouse are running a pre order, €50 gets you a guaranteed 16gb in black or white to be picked up after noon in any cpw store. just confirmed mine, very happy camper! wont need to be at an O2 store at stupid o'clock on friday morning.

Is this an unlocked phone or will it be tied to a network?

How can they guarantee a phone I wonder? I was in the Meteor shop in Arklow shopping centre where they said they would get one phone per shop.

wexican wrote: »
    Is this an unlocked phone or will it be tied to a network?

How can they guarantee a phone I wonder? I was in the Meteor shop in Arklow shopping centre where they said they would get one phone per shop.

It's for bill pay only,new contracts or upgrades. They're a huge company in uk and Ireland. They obviously ordered a lot from apple

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My local CPWH has no idea about stock and isn't taking any €50 downpayments.

Guy in store says they might get ten per network, or just one!

Hence I would be very skeptical of any guarantee, until you physically see a person in store putting your name on an iPhone 5 box ahead of Friday morning.

Dades wrote: »
    My local CPWH has no idea about stock and isn't taking any €50 downpayments.

Guy in store says they might get ten per network, or just one!

Hence I would be very skeptical of any guarantee, until you physically see a person in store putting your name on an iPhone 5 box ahead of Friday morning.

The pre order is done through their online store. I've spoken to a woman in car phone warehouse already this afternoon who asked which store I'd like to collect it in, and that's it's there for me any time after 12 noon. Apparently on O2 they only have access to 16gb, on Vodafone they have 32 and 64.

Not seeing anything to do with an iPhone 5 online. Or even an option to upgrade at all.

Doesn't seem to be appearing on their page any more. Was live last night from about 6. I ordered sometime after midnight.

Whatever happens it'll be interesting to see which networks/resellers follow through on their online promises. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I have my Vodafone Nano sim. All I need now is the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I have my Vodafone Nano sim. All I need now is the phone.

Is it true that Vodafone block viber and whatsapp from working?
    Ridiculous if true .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iphone12k

I wonder will you be able to upgrde on o2 in cpw they are been very quiet about the whole thing , wouldnt be surprised if it was new customers only

iphone12k wrote: »
    I wonder will you be able to upgrde on o2 in cpw they are been very quiet about the whole thing , wouldnt be surprised if it was new customers only

When I got confirmation of my pre order they said they will have new connection and upgrade for all the networks. She also said that the networks won't confirm prices until Friday morning.

• Advertisement

L5 wrote: »
    Is it true that Vodafone block viber and whatsapp from working?
    Ridiculous if true .

Only on certain plans they do. Think it's the my way plans. I'm with meteor so nt 100% sure what way Vodafone restrict it. They allow tethering though through your data bundle.

Advertisement