Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iphone12k

Oh strange i asked a few stores and they said they couldnt guarantee a pre order if i made one on the site and they were very hazy on lots of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I have my Vodafone Nano sim. All I need now is the phone.

Have you changed your number over to the nano sim yet? Where did you get it anyway?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Meteor Stores will be giving out blank sims on Friday according to a Meteor Rep on their forums.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

L5 wrote: »
    Is it true that Vodafone block viber and whatsapp from working?
    Ridiculous if true .
    No, it's not.

See here and the subsequent posts for clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Just a heads up, from what I've gathered most mobile phone stores won't be selling their iphone 5 on prepay, really limited stock and it looks like they want to make the most of what they have. Just asking around, it looks like o2 will only be new connections too. I believe this will apply in cpw as well as o2 stores.

Just for anyone who was considering lining up at 7 or 8 am in the morning to get one on prepay.
    wexican wrote: »
    Is this an unlocked phone or will it be tied to a network?

How can they guarantee a phone I wonder? I was in the Meteor shop in Arklow shopping centre where they said they would get one phone per shop.

The 50 euro deposit thing doesn't seem like a official thing, just something the guys thought of to garrente the sales.

I do know that numbers are/should be very low/

• Advertisement

My local CPW guy was very despondent about an hour ago - they didn't get a single handset. :pac:

Not queuing all night anywhere so pretty much resigned to seeing how things pan out over tomorrow and the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Im going tomorrow to my cow. Three arent selling n prepay they did this last year aswell but cpw were selling them. Will update you guys if i get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

G-Money wrote: »
    Have you changed your number over to the nano sim yet? Where did you get it anyway?

Nope. Don't have the phone yet. Vodafone store in Cork city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I preordered an iPhone from O2. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow but next week is fine. Quite excited! Had my 3GS since June 2010. It's been a great phone but I'm looking forward to the improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Doylers wrote: »
    Im going tomorrow to my cow. Three arent selling n prepay they did this last year aswell but cpw were selling them. Will update you guys if i get one

yea , cpw had a decent amount of stock last year, i know from 1st hand stock is going to be very limited, best of luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

Pythia wrote: »
    I preordered an iPhone from O2. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow but next week is fine. Quite excited! Had my 3GS since June 2010. It's been a great phone but I'm looking forward to the improvements.

I preordered mine too but in my confirmation email they said they would email me when it has been dispatched and I haven't got an email of that kind (yet!) I would love to get it tomorrow but I am guessing/hoping it will be next week.

I presume quite a lot of bill pay customers would have pre ordered- they could hardly have the stock for everyone?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where do you get this from?

The 4s was announced on October 4th by Apple.

Countries from launch one were shipped on Oct 14th, this included US, UK, Australia.

The 2nd launch was on Oct 28th and this included Ireland and the networks here had the phones then. I got mine delivered on that very day.

Every year people try to say that we are left out etc when we're not.

Also the launch dates will be available in Ireland dates not shipping from China dates.

Apple do have Logistics and planning people who work all this out you know!

Oh really?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

apple shop is selling them, 3-4 week wait instantly...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Anyone have any advice about getting a nano sim from Meteor? I''m preparing to q, which is ridiculous for a sim but what are the options? Just preordered a phone from Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Just ordered it on the Apple.ie site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cmullen89

Think I will head up to my local carphone warehouse in a few hours. Are they defiantly selling iPhone 5's prepaid? Locked to any given network? Would hate to have to queue for hours and be forced to sign a contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Ok so who's Queing???

Leaving in 15mins to try my luck locally!

I just want a nano sim and I'lm gonna q. Yes, I'm rididculous.

You guys better not be queuing in Dundalk :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Calraigh B wrote: »
    I just want a nano sim and I'lm gonna q. Yes, I'm rididculous.

You will get a Nano sim no problem I have mine since last week from 3.I be more worried about getting the iPhone

fox007 wrote: »
    You will get a Nano sim no problem I have mine since last week from 3.I be more worried about getting the iPhone

Yay! Fingers crossed. Ordered the phone this morn so no probs there.

Cmullen89 wrote: »
    You guys better not be queuing in Dundalk :P

Heh, Dublin here so I'm not your competition! Best of luck though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

DeSourire wrote: »
    I preordered mine too but in my confirmation email they said they would email me when it has been dispatched and I haven't got an email of that kind (yet!) I would love to get it tomorrow but I am guessing/hoping it will be next week.

I presume quite a lot of bill pay customers would have pre ordered- they could hardly have the stock for everyone?!?

My status changed last night from 'pending' to 'received'. Hoping it changes again today and gets put in the post! I didn't actually get an email to say the status had changed, I just tracked it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm gonna chance the three store to see if I can get a pre-pay 16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I know its not them all but just noticed this :(

In the mad rush by many to get their hands on the Iphone 5 – a situation helped in part by Apple marketing, making something out of nothing – there seems to be a lot of folk willing to put up with the latest (too?) expensive object and its newly discovered faults!

Reports of many faults are now emerging as people have gotten a chance to examine their expensive phone. The problems include:
    •Problems with connecting to secured WiFi networks – with connections either being blocked or running slowly
    •Scratching on the aluminium cases.
    •Problems with reports.
    •Light bleeding.
    •Internal parts rattling.
    •Battery discharging problems.
    •iCloud storage has been shock reduced from 20 gig to 5 – putting back-ups at serious risk! Suddenly users are warned they must pay Apple another €30.97 a year extra for what they were previously giving for nothing in sales talk!

Got talking to carphone warehouse and they are only doing contract, they don't even have any yet and are waiting on stock to come in some stage today. Wel disapointed... Looks like i'l be buying online and waiting forever for it to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I know its not them all but just noticed this :(

In the mad rush by many to get their hands on the Iphone 5 – a situation helped in part by Apple marketing, making something out of nothing – there seems to be a lot of folk willing to put up with the latest (too?) expensive object and its newly discovered faults!

Reports of many faults are now emerging as people have gotten a chance to examine their expensive phone. The problems include:
    •Problems with connecting to secured WiFi networks – with connections either being blocked or running slowly
    •Scratching on the aluminium cases.
    •Problems with reports.
    •Light bleeding.
    •Internal parts rattling.
    •Battery discharging problems.
    •iCloud storage has been shock reduced from 20 gig to 5 – putting back-ups at serious risk! Suddenly users are warned they must pay Apple another €30.97 a year extra for what they were previously giving for nothing in sales talk!
    Was the iCloud storage allowance ever 20 gig. On my iPhone 4 I only ever remember it being 5 gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Rubbish. iCloud has always been 5GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I heard it gives you warts and steals your girlfriend too ;)

The 20GB of cloud space was a temporary arrangement for mobileme subscribers after that service was shut down and migrated to icloud. It's nothing to do with the iphone

Advertisement