Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

guil wrote: »
    Was the iCloud storage allowance ever 20 gig. On my iPhone 4 I only ever remember it being 5 gig
    No, iCloud storage was never over 20GB. It has always been 5GB.

With the exception of the case scratching, all of the other points are standard minor issues one would expect to see crop up when you ship a few million phones. They're not all going to be perfect.

So unless you can show a widespread common issue (like the scratching) then claims like "Problems with connecting to secured WiFi networks – with connections either being blocked or running slowly" I'm going to put down to standard user or manufacturing errors in individual units.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Just strolled into Meteor on Henry Street in Dublin and picked up a blank nano sim. No one in it. Don't know what the story is with phones. There's a substantial queue outside 02 on the opposite side of street though. No one in cpw, Vodafone, eMobile etc.In slight disbelief at how easy the whole process was. If you're willing to wait of course! The guy in Meteor looked at me stupefied when I asked for a nano,until he copped I'd preordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Calraigh B wrote: »
    Just strolled into Meteor on Henry Street in Dublin and picked up a blank nano sim. No one in it. Don't know what the story is with phones. There's a substantial queue outside 02 on the opposite side of street though. No one in cpw, Vodafone, eMobile etc.In slight disbelief at how easy the whole process was. If you're willing to wait of course! The guy in Meteor looked at me stupefied when I asked for a nano,until he copped I'd preordered.

Black nano sim?

John_Mc wrote: »
    Black nano sim?
    A blank nano sim. That's what I wrote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

A blank nano sim. That's what I wrote?

Sorry, just dont know what that is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Im heading over there shortly to get a blank one for myself too. Cheers.

Its the sim card an iPhone 5 takes.

Sorry! It's just the new SIM card for the iPhone. I got a blank one because I'm keeping my number and I don't have the phone yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Going out on a limb I'd say it's a nano sim, a black one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

So has anyone actually walked into a shop (any network) and got an iPhone 5 this morning? I ordered online with Meteor yesterday evening but I'm not expecting it for a while yet?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Yep I walked in at 9.35 and got a 16gig black. I was the first person in the store to buy one.
    Got it on eMobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Yep I walked in at 9.35 and got a 16gig black. I was the first person in the store to buy one.
    Got it on eMobile.

What's your first impressions of it? Are u happy with it?

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 for two weeks after I sold my 4S while waiting for the 5 to be released and I am so glad to be back with Apple it really is a quality piece of kit. Nice screen size increase but still able to hold much easier than the S3. I am delighted with it so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got a black, 16GB in Vodafone Blackrock this morning. They told me last night they had ten. (One white, mostly 16GB and a few 64GB).

Was there at 8:15 with a couple of bods ahead of me. By the time they opened at 9pm there were enough people there that someone was going to be disappointed.

Already dropped it and put a dent in it where my bumper is going! Holy crap it's light!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 for two weeks after I sold my 4S while waiting for the 5 to be released and I am so glad to be back with Apple it really is a quality piece of kit. Nice screen size increase but still able to hold much easier than the S3. I am delighted with it so far.

Well that's great to hear I am waiting on mine to be sent, still using the iphone 4! Take it the build quality and that is still great? Don't think I could use another OS other than apple's now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I presume no networks or the carphone warehouse are selling pre pay?

I bought one from eMobile on prepay as was not due an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

So does the iphone 5 not accept the old iphone4 sim? seriously this is becoming a major hassle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

When will the network have blank sims for PAYG customers, I presume they'd want to look after they bill pay ones first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

DOes anyone know if Vodafone are doing it on prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Not one iphone left in London

grrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

DeSourire wrote: »
    So does the iphone 5 not accept the old iphone4 sim? seriously this is becoming a major hassle!

That has been known since way back. Tis to save space in the phone.

All network stores have the nano sims in stock. No biggy.

DeSourire wrote: »
    Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    That has been known since way back. Tis to save space in the phone.

All network stores have the nano sims in stock. No biggy.

Its been known for ages :)
    plus i cut my iPhone 4 sim and its working perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

would there be much point going in to o2 grafton st at lunch? anyone know if there's anything left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Oh really?

Yes really, plenty of people here have the iPhone 5 today.

You were saying that none would be available, no pre-orders etc.

Clearly not true.

Any shortages is caused by unforeseen demand and not because Apple did not deliver to Ireland like you were saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Got a text from meteor to say their upgrade team is out of stock of iphone 5, and cannot take further orders.

Anyone have any advice about getting a nano sim from Meteor? I''m preparing to q, which is ridiculous for a sim but what are the options? Just preordered a phone from Apple.

Just go in store and ask for one. no que'ing involved other than the general ques. FOC too.

I was just in meteor in pavilions swords and they have plenty left.

SK1979 wrote: »

Phones or sim cards?

I was just in Henry Street store to get my nano sim cards and they have no PAYG units left but have a few units for new contracts available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

murpho999 wrote: »
    Aodhagan wrote: »
    Oh really?

Yes really, plenty of people here have the iPhone 5 today.

You were saying that none would be available, no pre-orders etc.

Clearly not true.

Any shortages is caused by unforeseen demand and not because Apple did not deliver to Ireland like you were saying.

I clearly said the online store.

Not all of us are looking to get the phone on bill pay, or are in the middle of a contract.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    SK1979 wrote: »

Phones or sim cards?

I was just in Henry Street store to get my nano sim cards and they have no PAYG units left but have a few units for new contracts available.

Sorry, I should of said. They have phones left. Presumably they are for bill pay people only though. I've ordered online but was asking them to check it (they couldn't) but the guy in the shop said it hadn't been mad there and they still have phones. Had a quick play with his and its incredibly light. :)

Advertisement