Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SK1979 wrote: »
    Sorry, I should of said. They have phones left. Presumably they are for bill pay people only though. I've ordered online but was asking them to check it (they couldn't) but the guy in the shop said it hadn't been mad there and they still have phones. Had a quick play with his and its incredibly light. :)

yeah there was no ques or anything in Meteor, O2 or 3 while i passed. I went in to get the nano sim as i cut my sim down last week in Belfast so wanted an official sim incase mine failed or anything.

You get used to the lightness ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

I went into O2 on top of Henry St. and he said there were a few 16gb left. (At 12.10pm)

I was looking for 32GB, they only got two in as they are seemingly nowhere near as popular.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ebixa82 wrote: »
    I was looking for 32GB, they only got two in as they are seemingly nowhere near as popular.

its because they cant get them. The 32gb is rarer and hence resale values reflect this also. none of the networks got many 32gb versions, its the same every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Got the call from Three on Tuesday saying it'd be delivered today. Asked them to deliver to my work address.
    Got a call from delivery guy wanting directions to my home address. Told him it should have come to my work address but he said Three mustn't have done it right. Said it'd have to be redirected and I wouldn't get it til next week.
    After a few calls, luckily there was someone at home who could sign for it. Won't get to play with it til late tonight or tomorrow. A little annoying. But better than people who'll be waiting weeks, I suppose.
    Not a great start to the Three relationship, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

Three Ireland apparently sent micro sims with all their iPhone 5 deliveries this morning (free nano replacements in store), still too funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

kceire wrote: »
    its because they cant get them. The 32gb is rarer and hence resale values reflect this also. none of the networks got many 32gb versions, its the same every year.

Agreed, the 64gb is another rare sight.

Tunesmiff wrote: »
    Three Ireland apparently sent micro sims with all their iPhone 5 deliveries this morning (free nano replacements in store), still too funny.

Seriously?
    That on top of delivering to the wrong address is fairly annoying.

Seriously?
    That on top of delivering to the wrong address is fairly annoying.
    The store rep I spoke with said all at least (mine included). Had mine sorted out in a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Status on my order from Apple now say deliver 26 Oct-2 Nov :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes really, plenty of people here have the iPhone 5 today.

You were saying that none would be available, no pre-orders etc.

Clearly not true.

Any shortages is caused by unforeseen demand and not because Apple did not deliver to Ireland like you were saying.

According to 9to5Mac there was just 500 iPhone 5's delivered to Ireland for launch day.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/28/sharp-says-its-producing-adequate-volumes-of-iphone-5-displays-as-shipping-times-slip-for-international-rollout/

So clearly it is true. There was a very tight supply given to Ireland and as I predicted originally, the online store had no stock in place either.

"Doubling down on secrecy" Cook said. Total opposite. They should have been able to mass produce this thing and fulfil the demand sooner than 4 weeks per order.

This was in no way "unforeseen" as you seem to think it is. You genuinely think Apple expected just 500 people in Ireland to want an iPhone 5?

They have no issue rising the price by €70 but don't do anything to get it to you sooner. You can't come out and say "we are rolling out the iPhone 5 in Ireland on the 28th of September" and give us 500 phones and tell people ordering that they will have to wait 4 weeks at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mad muffin wrote: »
    Status on my order from Apple now say deliver 26 Oct-2 Nov :eek:

What was it originally?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    What was it originally?

Originally it just said 3-4 weeks.

So now it's 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Don't mind waiting myself, as long as they are readly avalable before christmas.
    Was talking to o2 rep online. She said they were getting more stock on monday for anyone that is interested.

I am after the 64GB version, and was told they would be holding them back for existing customers only at the mo.

€379 for gold member upgrade on 24 Month plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

According to 9to5Mac there was just 500 iPhone 5's delivered to Ireland for launch day.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/28/sharp-says-its-producing-adequate-volumes-of-iphone-5-displays-as-shipping-times-slip-for-international-rollout/

So clearly it is true.

It's not true. I know a single network has more than that currently in it's retail stores.

S.

So clearly it is true.

It's not true. I know a single network has more than that currently in it's retail stores.

S.
    They're talking about the amount of unlocked phones provided, not carrier locked ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Has anyone tried reserving an iPhone in the Belfast store this week?

I've tried everyday but no joy. Rang the store there but they wouldn't give me any info on stock - just said it's reservation only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just for info, popped into the CPW Store, Finglas, Charlestown Shopping Centre, no prepay for sale but enough stock for bill pay customers, 16gb models & two 32gb models.

I didn't ask what network....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My iphone from O2 has shipped and I have an An Post tracking number. Hopefully here on Monday so.

Three is in the process of calling everyone they sent micro sims to with regards to delivering replacement nanos today. They're pretty quick with this it seems!

Three is in the process of calling everyone they sent micro sims to with regards to delivering replacement nanos today. They're pretty quick with this it seems!

Calling? Why?
    They've already apologised by text. I don't need another apology which doesn't change the fact I can't use the phone.
    Weird.
    If they want to offer me a free case, I'd be interested in taking the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

O2 rang me today as i had registered interest in the 5. Offered me free one.......If i signed to 24 month contract. Ridiculously long contract! 18 months is bad enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cmullen89

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried reserving an iPhone in the Belfast store this week?

I've tried everyday but no joy. Rang the store there but they wouldn't give me any info on stock - just said it's reservation only.

Yeh am in the same boat. I've tried reserving everyday with no luck... Any1 got info on this stores stock??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bought mine on apple.ie.

Got a call this morning from a guy who said they were processing the order and he wanted to confirm the shipping address.

I was confused as wasn't expecting any movement for at least 2-3 weeks. They guy said he didn't know when it was going to dispatch.

Website order page now says:

"Processing Items:
    We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service."

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Bought mine on apple.ie.

Got a call this morning from a guy who said they were processing the order and he wanted to confirm the shipping address.

I was confused as wasn't expecting any movement for at least 2-3 weeks. They guy said he didn't know when it was going to dispatch.

"Processing Items:
    We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service."

My order is also processing but didn't get a call

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Fiddlex wrote: »
    My order is also processing but didn't get a call

mine too

Does anyone tjink they will get it before the 3-4 Weeks wait?

Bought mine on apple.ie.

"Processing Items:

Is your shipping address different to your billing address?

Mines processing too but I didn't get a call either.

I can only assume that they called if the addresses differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I guess since the iPhone 5 discussion thread has been closed this is the place to get updates on people's orders etc.

But I don't understand why Mods keep closing the threads? I found the thread very informative even up to earlier today. People posting about, build quality, scratches, audio quality etc. I understand there's been certain posters giving a consistent Anti Apple feel with their posts but I don't understand why the rest of us have to suffer. Maybe when the thread goes quiet then close it but not when people are still actively discussing the phone.

I don't know if there's certain criteria the Mods have to meet or if they're just doing it when they feel like it. Hoping one of them can give me a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    mine too

There's a good possibility alright. As I stated earlier in the thread, when the first iPad was released there were similar dispatech times quoted (3-4 weeks) and i had mine after just over a weeks so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Footoo wrote: »
    cherylxxx2 wrote: »
    mine too

There's a good possibility alright. As I stated earlier in the thread, when the first iPad was released there were similar dispatech times quoted (3-4 weeks) and i had mine after just over a weeks so fingers crossed.

Ohh hopefully dat happens.this time round too :) Fingers crossed im lost withou an iphone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Picked up the White 64GB yesterday in Meteor Grafton street.

Good impressions so far - so much faster and responsive than my iPhone 4.

Sound quality off the headphones is excellent as well

Advertisement