Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My iphone from o2 was delivered at approx 8am this morning by an Post. Just setting it up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Have the phone since Saturday. Still unable to use it. Long story here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Why dont you just cut the sim, its very very easy to do.

kceire wrote: »

How would that work? I have my current Vodafone SIM still working, an active nano SIM in the new phone but the number hasn't ported.
    Either way, I shouldn't have to. This is a joke from Three. And I'm not the only one it's happened to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Nano SIM should be working though? The SIM you get should have a Three number on it, then your own number is ported onto it.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    The Nano SIM should be working though? The SIM you get should have a Three number on it, then your own number is ported onto it.

Oh, yeah. The temporary number is working. But I have the issue on porting so have to carry two phones around until it gets sorted.
    So the phone is working but is useless for all intents and purposes as I have to have my old phone with me in case anyone contacts me.

Edit: the nano SIM has the temporary number which came with the micro SIM. None came with the nano. This seemed to really confuse the guys on the phone which I had to make two calls about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How would that work? I have my current Vodafone SIM still working, an active nano SIM in the new phone but the number hasn't ported.
    Either way, I shouldn't have to. This is a joke from Three. And I'm not the only one it's happened to.

Agh sorry, its a porting issue. I thought they just sent you the wrong sim card, sorry again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Edit: the nano SIM has the temporary number which came with the micro SIM. None came with the nano. This seemed to really confuse the guys on the phone which I had to make two calls about.
    Yeah, unfortunately Three's outsourced support is mainly by-the-script stuff. So unless you can tell them exactly what they need to do, they get flustered easily.
    I would have made two phone calls - one to transfer the 083 number onto the nano SIM, then a second to kick off the porting process. But obviously you shouldn't have to. When I first joined Three, my initial port took a little longer than normal to go through because the first one "just didn't work", but since then I haven't had any reason to ring them in two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Three's customer service was the reason I left them. They had no clue how to sort anything that was out of the ordinary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Is there much stock in the shops does anyone know? Vodafone ballsed up my online order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

kceire wrote: »

Are you still using the number that they are meant to be porting over? Maybe the fact that you're still actively using it is slowing the whole process down?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

does anyone know what the stocks are like ?

i'm looking to get a 32gb on an o2 upgrade.

any carphonewarehouse or o2 stores in dublin with stock ?

wheres the best place to track (and dont say call the shop, cos the ones i'm trying arent answering!)

mitsybaby wrote: »
    Are you still using the number that they are meant to be porting over? Maybe the fact that you're still actively using it is slowing the whole process down?

It was still active but that shouldn't make a difference. It didn't when I ported from Meteor to Vodafone the last time I moved networks.
    If it wasn't active, I'd have been left with no phone. If it was making a difference, I wasn't told about it so that would their fault again.
    I called them, again, during lunch and am now ported over. Have yet to receive a reply in the thread on the Three forum about the fiasco and after contacting them by mail to make a complaint I'm told they'll get back to me in two days.
    Here's hoping I don't have to deal with them until my contract runs out in 24 months time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

mitsybaby wrote: »

It was still active but that shouldn't make a difference. It didn't when I ported from Meteor to Vodafone the last time I moved networks.
    If it wasn't active, I'd have been left with no phone. If it was making a difference, I wasn't told about it so that would their fault again.
    I called them, again, during lunch and am now ported over. Have yet to receive a reply in the thread on the Three forum about the fiasco and after contacting them by mail to make a complaint I'm told they'll get back to me in two days.
    Here's hoping I don't have to deal with them until my contract runs out in 24 months time. :rolleyes:

I'd hate to work for 3 right now!! Lol.. Ah in fairness to them I don't have any issues with them until something mad happens and then it can be hard work getting it sorted!! About 6 years ago I lost my bill phone when I was out and you couldn't get a copy of the SIM card in the shop! They had to get it posted to you! It took 3 weeks to get a new sim! :O That was the worst experience with them.. At least it's not that bad now!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I just dropped into Meteor Henry street earlier. Got my number ported over to a new Nano sim. It was almost instant. Very simple and straightforward. Using the nano sim with an adapter at the moment in my iPhone 4. Wonder what is causing the problems for you. Mine was Meteor - Meteor and i've been with Meteor for a number of years. Never had any issues with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I just checked my bank account, and the 689 that went from my account on Friday morning when I ordered from the apple website, is now back in my current account.
    Is this normal? Originally on Friday it showed as a 689 debit , but now that money is back but it doesn't say credit or anything , it's just reappeared in the account.
    Do apple just check if the money's available or something, and charge you properly when it ships??

Thanks

L5 wrote: »
    I just checked my bank account, and the 689 that went from my account on Friday morning when I ordered from the apple website, is now back in my current account.
    Is this normal? Originally on Friday it showed as a 689 debit , but now that money is back but it doesn't say credit or anything , it's just reappeared in the account.
    Do apple just check if the money's available or something, and charge you properly when it ships??

Thanks

If you paid by laser card or visa debit then I think that's normal procedure. They make an authorization hold to make sure the money is there. Return it and then after you recieve your phone they take the money out properly. Happened 2 years ago when I ordered my iPhone 4. With a credit card I don't think they take any money at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

DubDJ wrote: »
    If you paid by laser card or visa debit then I think that's normal procedure. They make an authorization hold to make sure the money is there. Return it and then after you recieve your phone they take the money out properly. Happened 2 years ago when I ordered my iPhone 4. With a credit card I don't think they take any money at all though.

Thanks,
    Was worried they'd canceled the order. Wish they hadnt returned the money though :/

Thanks,
    Was worried they'd canceled the order. Wish they hadnt returned the money though :/

I thought the same as you when it happened but its normal with Laser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Thanks

With credit card, you'll see your credit limit figure drop, at least I can anyway on BOI 365 online... E.g. Suppose my balance is zero and my cc limit is 2k. The day after I order the phone, my cc limit will appear as €1320 but my balance will still be zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Just ordered mine on from the Irish Apple store
    Delivers — 02 Nov - 08 Nov

How likely is it that that would change ?

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Just ordered mine on from the Irish Apple store
    Delivers — 02 Nov - 08 Nov

How likely is it that that would change ?

Apple usually overestimate with delivery dates. I'd say you'll have it by the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I thought the same as you when it happened but its normal with Laser.

With Laser it should you you full balance but also at the top shows you transactions outstanding

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Getting fair sick of "Processing Items" now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Getting fair sick of "Processing Items" now.

Two more weeks of it...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

My Order Status has now changed to "Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 25 Oct, 2012 - 01 Nov, 2012"

Piliger wrote: »
    My Order Status has now changed to "Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 25 Oct, 2012 - 01 Nov, 2012"

What did it change from?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Two more weeks of it...:pac:

Surely no more than a week :cool:

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Surely no more than a week :cool:

If we get the phone before November I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    If we get the phone before November I'll be pleasantly surprised.

23rd or 24th I would imagine.

What is your delivery window from Apple?

Advertisement