Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Aodhagan wrote: »
    23rd or 24th I would imagine.

What is your delivery window from Apple?

I ordered within the first 10 min and got 26 oct to 2 nov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mad muffin wrote: »
    23rd or 24th I would imagine.

What is your delivery window from Apple?

You could have ordered within the first two days and got the same date ;-)

The first batch of orders will be on the same flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

I ordered one week after and I get between 24-31 of oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What did it change from?

:) Can't recall exactly ... I think it just said October, or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered On 28-Sep-2012
    Processing Items Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 24 Oct, 2012 - 31 Oct, 2012

Been like that since I bought it on 28th Sept at 5pm

Could possibly ship end of next week :D

• Advertisement

wush06 wrote: »
    I ordered one week after and I get between 24-31 of oct
    Ordered On 28-Sep-2012
    Processing Items Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 24 Oct, 2012 - 31 Oct, 2012

Been like that since I bought it on 28th Sept at 5pm

Could possibly ship end of next week :D

Interesting. I wonder why when I ordered before you guys my estimated delivery date is later. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Interesting. I wonder why when I ordered before you guys my estimated delivery date is later. :confused:

Maybe you live further away and Apple just add the extra day or two estimate on. Being honest at most I'd say you'll be waiting 1 day longer max if you have to wait at all.

Don't expect shipment notifications until next week sometime. Probably towards the end of the week. Also read Apple have asked Foxconn to slow iPhone 5 production down to insure better quality iPhones with less scratches and defective parts come off the manufacturing line. I'd prefer the wait so the iPhone will most likely be in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Not sure if relevant to this thread or not, but...

I wanted to order iphone online and have it delivered, but because I read so many potential problems with it (yellowish screen, not working home button, scratches etc) and such a long wait, I decided to to reserve online and pick it up in Belfast.

I was reserving one last week every day, without luck (Black 32 gb) so I decided a different strategy and reserved a white 32 gb on this Wednesday and to my astonishment, I got a confirmation email from them the same night.
    I picked it up yesterday, no problems with it so far.

Just to let you know, if someone wants one and does not mind picking up from Belfast.

Ideally you could have the order online through apple and cancel it, if you are lucky enough to get the reservation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Was in belast getting my 5 32gb looked at/swapped out this week. Had a black 5 with scratches and the replacement phones all had marks on them. I ask to change to white and they brought out a new phone in retail packaging and did the swap. So yep seems like they have white 32gb's in stock as posted above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So do we reckon we'll get beyond processing items this week. I'm starting to get restless!

• Advertisement

BanjoB wrote: »
    So do we reckon we'll get beyond processing items this week. I'm starting to get restless!

Yeah I'd say they might get shipped between Wednesday - Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

yea getting impatient myself threw in a order request for the belfast store there earlier as post above yours said they might have stock and drive up tomorrow, then cancel my online order

DubDJ wrote: »

Yeah I'd say they might get shipped between Wednesday - Friday.

I think shipping will be Friday and then delivery on the Tuesday. Basically hitting the early date on the window.

Won't stop me checking the order status every hour tomorrow though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I think shipping will be Friday and then delivery on the Tuesday. Basically hitting the early date on the window.

I thought you get an email when the order status changes?

Just going by previous orders Apple always ship Thursday and I usually have it Friday. Just to get it to people before the weekend. Nothing worse than knowing your brand new iPhone or iPad is sitting in a UPS distribution centre when you could have it the whole weekend.

Getting slightly worried.

All along my AIB account was showing "available funds" as my balance minus the price of the iPhone. Now it shows available funds as the full balance.

I have a feeling that Apple might not be processing my order now mainly because they think I am not the cardholder because my iPhone is being delivered to my address at college and not my billing address. They emailed me asking for a copy of my driving license & recent bank statement showing my card number. My laser card number doesn't show up on my bank statement.

I emailed them with a scan of the license and a recent bank statement but explained in the email that the card number doesn't show up on the statement.

I heard nothing back. Emailed again asking if it was all ok. Nothing back again.

Hmmm...

Oh lovely..

From today:
    Mine is expected to deliver 16 -22 Oct 2012 and still haven't shipped yet.... Come on Apple!

Expect October 31st deliveries.

Oh lovely..

From today:

Expect October 31st deliveries.

Who's 16-22 of oct and how?:eek::confused:

Who's 16-22 of oct and how?:eek::confused:

Follow this thread. It holds no hope for us anyway.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16046744#post16046744

Follow this thread. It holds no hope for us anyway.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16046744#post16046744

Oh right, UK. :pac:

I've lost any expectations of getting it before November after going around Dublin today and only three shops had a working model on display. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

All along my AIB account was showing "available funds" as my balance minus the price of the iPhone. Now it shows available funds as the full balance.

I have a feeling that Apple might not be processing my order now mainly because they think I am not the cardholder because my iPhone is being delivered to my address at college and not my billing address. They emailed me asking for a copy of my driving license & recent bank statement showing my card number. My laser card number doesn't show up on my bank statement.

I emailed them with a scan of the license and a recent bank statement but explained in the email that the card number doesn't show up on the statement.

I heard nothing back. Emailed again asking if it was all ok. Nothing back again.

Hmmm...

Shoot. I did something similar ( well gifted it to someone in ireland) but I haven't heard anything from them....yet anyway! Though my delivery date did get shoved back about a week to nov 9 from nov 2.....did they call you or email to ask for license? I had a few missed calls from a private number the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

doesnt look like belfast have any for reserve iv tried for monday and for tomorrow and both times no email back, so as pointed out by a post of a uk person looks like stock is extremely low and we'll be lucky to get delivery before the latest part of our estimated delivery dates :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Hmmm...

My tsb account showed the money on hold for the first 3 days after placing the order and since then i have had all the money in my account. Usually apple only charge you on dispatch as far as I know. Mine has been processing ages like the rest of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Doylers wrote: »

My tsb account showed the money on hold for the first 3 days after placing the order and since then i have had all the money in my account. Usually apple only charge you on dispatch as far as I know. Mine has been processing ages like the rest of you.

Mines the same showed the available funds minus the cost of the iPhone for the first few days now it shows my full amount again. Pretty sure they take the funds at first to check its there and then charge you when it's dispatched! Mines also processing still..

Any updates?

Not expecting mine until at least the 24th but probably later.

Any updates?

Not expecting mine until at least the 24th but probably later.

I was hoping for today - tomorrow tbh and I fully expected it to ship over the next two days. But with delays and blogs saying production has slowed down due to so many device defects its not looking good. I'd be hopeful for a dispatch notice next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cherylxxx2

Was Hoping for PREPARING FOR SHIPPING TODAY :(:(:( IM Getting very very tired of waiting :/ wen i ordered i thought i would of had in my hands within 2 weeks... :( i emailed apple to see would it be before expected date and here's the response i got....

"Your order is estimated to deliver on or before November 2nd. Once your order ships, you will receive a Shipment Notification email with tracking information.

Due to the high demand of the iPhone 5, I regret that we are unable to expedite the delivery of your order. Please be advised that the delivery dates are estimates and are subject to change. You will be notified of any changes that are made to your order."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Iv been trying the last week to reserve a black 32GB in Belfast with no joy,going to keep trying untill i eather get 1 or my order from apple changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hey Guys,

Irishman living in Canada here, I ordered off apple.ca on September 21st (White 64GB) and it shipped last Tuesday to deliver on Monday

I had an original delivery estimate of October 24th to 30th, so you should all see movement very soon

Advertisement