Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External PIR

Options
  • 11-09-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi There.I'm planning to update an alarm system in a house. Previous panel was a Scopetronic which I put in myself many years ago but is now in a sorry state. As this house is in a very rural setting with a lot of garden surrounding it I'm looking at possibly using some external PIR for the rear area for use when setting the alarm at night. The reason for this is I want to avoid using inertia sensors at the back of the house so as to reduce false alarms. I came across ADPRO and am wondering does anyone have any advice or thoughts on external PIR's.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Adpro are good but expensive. If its a rural setting what do you envisage causing false alarms on inertia sensors?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

KoolKid wrote: »
    Adpro are good but expensive. If its a rural setting what do you envisage causing false alarms on inertia sensors?
    Historically a local quarry but that has closed . Generally though I was just thinking that it was better to avoid them. Could you recommend an inertia sensor?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most new inertia sensors are pretty good . I use Aritech GS 613 or GS 711 .

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

KoolKid wrote: »
    Most new inertia sensors are pretty good . I use Aritech GS 613 or GS 711 .
    Thanks Koolkid

Advertisement