Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iran blames west for "destroying clouds"

• 11-09-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

In the latest of a seemingly unending serious of ridiculous accusations, Irans president has now accused the west of provoking storms in their own countries in a deliberate attempt to prevent clouds reaching Iran and thus cause drought.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/iran-blames-west-for-hijacking-clouds-3226217.html

What do Ah'ers think of this? Personally i think is total garbage.
    How is someone this delusional in power in the ancient centre of learning that Iran historically was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

I hope its true. It'd be quite nice if they had the technology to destroy clouds over Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

CruelCoin wrote: »
    In the latest of a seemingly unending serious of ridiculous accusations, Irans president has now accused the west of provoking storms in their own countries in a deliberate attempt to prevent clouds reaching Iran and thus cause drought.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/iran-blames-west-for-hijacking-clouds-3226217.html

How is someone this delusional in power in the ancient centre of learning that Iran historically was?
    This explains why Iran absolutley needs to nave nuclear missiles.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Dya reckon? I think he's got a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's an invisible wall that stops clouds over Ireland,it's been very effective for the past few Summers bar a few days here & there when it's switched off for maintenance.
    Maybe we could sell this wall to Iran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Iran is a blot on the worlds intelligence.

Just shows how stupid the president is in blaming the west for everything and anything that goes wrong on iran.

Next hell blame the west for the high rate of drug addicts in iran.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

He's not the first world leader to blame the US for using weapons that bring about natural disasters. Hugo Chavez claimed the US used a techtonic weapon to cause the Hatian earthquake.
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/chavez-and-the-russian-fleet-u-s-used-%E2%80%9Cearthquake-weapon%E2%80%9D-on-haiti.html
    Google HAARP consiparacies. There is no doubt that HAARP exists, just multiple theories about what it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

seanmacc wrote: »
    Google HAARP consiparacies. There is no doubt that HAARP exists, just multiple theories about what it does.

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Is this what Cloud Computing does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Not saying that he is correct, but it is possible to control rainfall to a certain extent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

old_aussie wrote: »

Just shows how stupid the president is in blaming the west for everything and anything that goes wrong on iran.

Next hell blame the west for the high rate of drug addicts in iran.

Agreed, Connaught can be lousy at times but we've never done anything to Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

So Dinnerjacket & cronies missed the fact most of the US was in drought all Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ironically, that sounds just like something Ahmadinejad would say about some other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Yeah cloudbusting is a genuine endeavour. The Chinese did it for the Beijing Olympics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_control

Though to try and do it on a large, geographical scale sounds implausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Oh the naivety..

You probably want to look into America's "HAARP" weapon/research.
    It can heat the ionosphere by several hundred degrees.

HAARP Wiki

HAARP Weather Control

The States have already used a sophisticated computer virus (Stuxnet) to sabotage the Iranian centrifuges which process Uranium.

What makes you think they wouldn't use another non-lethal weapon against them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭An Coilean

As far as I know it is possible to 'destroy clouds'. It involves airplanes spreading fine dust in the atmospear that moisture then attaches it's self to causing it to fall as rain, I heard that Russia used this to prevent fallout from Chernoble reaching Moscow.

As for if the west is doing it now? Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Manipulating cloud behaviour is an acknowledged and developing science.

But lets just keep laughing at the funny man in Iran so its all the more justifiable when the Americans get round to wiping him off the face of the earth and leverage proxy control of his nation's lands.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18307922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/china-wants-force-rain-ahead-olympics/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

It's called "weather warfare". There is quite a lot about it on the internet and it has been openly discussed by US policymakers, just try to avoid all the conspiracy theory biases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Is this what Cloud Computing does.

For all that is good in the world, mods, please give this man post of the day

Oh the naivety..

You probably want to look into America's "HAARP" weapon/research.
    It can heat the ionosphere by several hundred degrees.

HAARP Wiki

HAARP Weather Control

By 'naivity' you seem to mean not believing dubious sources about the nature of HAARP. If it was a weapon then why wouldn't they be keeping it a sceret?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

This would be the same Iran that hacked in to US Air Force drone command, commandeered one of their drones while displaying a 'situation normal' to the remote piloting team and succeeded in landing and capturing the drone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16095823

If there's a blot on world intelligence it's probably closer to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

I hope its true. It'd be quite nice if they had the technology to destroy clouds over Ireland.

Feck off to feckin cloudless land if ya want then ya feck cloud hater!! :D

The States have already used a sophisticated computer virus (Stuxnet) to sabotage the Iranian centrifuges which process Uranium.

What makes you think they wouldn't use another non-lethal weapon against them?

Firstly, it was claimed that the virus originated in either the states or Israel.
    no proof of either was ever given.

Heating up the ionosphere to cause drought....Have you any idea how vague and inaccurate that would be?
    "hmmm lets try this and see what happens...oops its now 60 Celsius across the entirety of Europe!"

This all sounds about as logical as me blaming someone else if i ended up in a ditch while driving. "That guy i don't like musta done it, he has a gravity gun!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

seems plausible :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We must have seriously pissed off someone in the cloud-weapons-of-mass-rainfall business, who was it?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Shouldn't this be moved to the weather forum? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭An Coilean

ejmaztec wrote: »
    We must have seriously pissed off someone in the cloud-weapons-of-mass-rainfall business, who was it?:confused:

I think the idea is that they make it rain before it gets to you, therefore causing drought.

So, We need to sever all ties with the US, Elect a fundamentalist Islamic Government and start a nuclear program. Then we might get a decent summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭brimal

Maybe Iran should concentrate on improving its human rights instead of making bizarre claims to malign the West.

Stoning, hanging of minors, public executions, death to homosexuals.. the list is endless.

GSF wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be moved to the weather forum? ;)

"And the weather for the weekend looks wet, with occasional 1000mm rainfalls, as the government continues to prevent clouds reaching europe"

"this message brought to you by bobs kayaks"

• Advertisement

An Coilean wrote: »
    I think the idea is that they make it rain before it gets to you, therefore causing drought.

So, We need to sever all ties with the US, Elect a fundamentalist Islamic Government and start a nuclear program. Then we might get a decent summer.

Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not posted yet?
    for shame...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

Firstly, it was claimed that the virus originated in either the states or Israel.
    no proof of either was ever given.

Heating up the ionosphere to cause drought....Have you any idea how vague and inaccurate that would be?
    "hmmm lets try this and see what happens...oops its now 60 Celsius across the entirety of Europe!"

This all sounds about as logical as me blaming someone else if i ended up in a ditch while driving. "That guy i don't like musta done it, he has a gravity gun!"

Yeah it wasn't mentioned on FOX News. A mind closed to all possibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

An Coilean wrote: »

...or failing that, we could ask that model Cloudier Shifter if she'd get rid of them for us.

:o

Neither was proof ever given in The economist, Time, Newsweek, CNN, etc etc.

Plenty of accusations/postulating, but proof? nope.

...or failing that, we could ask that model Cloudier Shifter if she'd get rid of them for us.

That was just terrible...

GTFO!

• Advertisement

Being gullible is not the same as being open-minded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

mikom wrote: »
    Not posted yet?
    for shame...........

I was just thinking the same thing... Kate always stank of US industrial military complex to me... & as for Peter 'double agent' Gabriel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

The US and other western countries are causing The Saharan desert to expand, they are also causing
    the dessertifcation of other areas including Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

It's a very cirrus allegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Iran need to take a good hard look at themselves, their no fly zone is the reason the clouds will not go there.

• Advertisement

JJJJNR wrote: »
    The US and other western countries are causing The Saharan desert to expand, they are also causing
    the dessertifcation of other areas including Iran.

How so?

Fossil fuels I'm guessing?

Desertification in Africa to name one example, is caused primarily by wretched farming/herding techniques.

Animals overgraze, topsoil blows away, desert spreads. This has nothing to do with the US or the west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The technology does exist to back up his claim. Cloud seeding has bee around for along time. It could be used to extract the moisture from the air before it crosses into a certain area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Well given that global warming and climate change is generally accepted to be man made - he's not wrong. Although his own people also did it to themselves

That was so bad I lol'd my orange juice on my keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Being gullible is not the same as being open-minded

Nor is being open-minded the same as being gullible. Touché.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

How so?

Fossil fuels I'm guessing?

Desertification in Africa to name one example, is caused primarily by wretched farming/herding techniques.

Animals overgraze, topsoil blows away, desert spreads. This has nothing to do with the US or the west.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/6486612/Global-warming-ten-most-affected-areas.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

It was the fake Paul McCartney in his stolen yellow submarine up to their usual tricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

The man is nut and he's the leader of a country that's building nuclear weapons. :eek: He must be a joke among most Iranians who are by and large a very civilised people.

It looks like the Mullahs chose him because he's too stupid to be any danger to their power. No wonder they had to rig the election to get him in.

But I don't know which is funnier him or some of the people on this very thread who think he might have a point!

Nor is being open-minded the same as being gullible. Touché.

Not sure what you're saying here. And touché is what you says when something has gotten a point over you, not vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Who translated the quote from farsi to english?
    Seems plausible that those dumb enough to believe that he previously stated "Israel should be wiped off the map" are the very ones to believe another mistranslation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement