Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iran blames west for "destroying clouds"

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If he is that worried why isn't Iran spending money on seeding the skies rather than building nuclear bombs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Not sure what you're saying here. And touché is what you says when something has gotten a point over you, not vice versa

So it is. Thought it worked both ways. My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

mike65 wrote: »
    If he is that worried why isn't Iran spending money on seeding the skies rather than building nuclear bombs?

Mind you, there is no proof either that they're building a bomb.

Ok, they most likely are, but don't say it like that without proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

wouldnt using such a weapon have highly unpredictable effects for neighbouring countries and knock on effects for more distant countries.

aswell as their own potentially.

risk vs benefits -outside of imminent threat - is a clear no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

mike65 wrote: »

I expect the nuclear arms (if they ARE being built) would serve as a better deterrent to Isreal's aggression than a cloud tickler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Rigol wrote: »
    wouldnt using such a weapon have highly unpredictable effects for neighbouring countries and knock on effects for more distant countries.

aswell as their own potentially.

risk vs benefits -outside of imminent threat - is a clear no.

That's IF such a hypothetical weapon exists, and there is absolutely no reason to think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

CruelCoin wrote: »
    That was just terrible...

GTFO!
    later12 wrote: »
    That was so bad I lol'd my orange juice on my keyboard.

It wasn't my fault, the Iranians threatened me with a fatwah if I didn't post it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It wasn't my fault, the Iranians threatened me with a fatwah if I didn't post it.:(

Oh, well ok then.

You could've given us a signal or something...Then we would've picked up on the coercion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I just sent this to the Irainie government, it might just break their spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khLcpi2HptM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

The US has this year suffered the driest year and most pronounced drought conditions since the 1950s which has caused a shortfall in crops. There is a food shortage crisis unfolding.

I'm guessing that they have not yet fully mastered control of precipitation.

Perhaps their abilities are restricted to inducing rain from existing clouds rather than in creating new rainclouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That's IF such a hypothetical weapon exists, and there is absolutely no reason to think so

Such a means of manipulating weather does exist, whether or not it could be considered a 'weapon' depends on how the technology is used, surely?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/scientists-create-52-artificial-rain-storms-in-abu-dhabi-desert/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭An Coilean

telecaster wrote: »
    The US has this year suffered the driest year and most pronounced drought conditions since the 1950s which has caused a shortfall in crops. There is a food shortage crisis unfolding.

I'm guessing that they have not yet fully mastered control of precipitation.

Perhaps their abilities are restricted to inducing rain from existing clouds rather than in creating new rainclouds.

If the moisture is in the air, you can influence where it falls, if its not, well then you don't really have many options.

Advertisement