Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Ideas in New Nightclub?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a friend who is opening a new nightclub in London. I am helping him to run it.

The problem is I have no extra revenue ideas except for doing burgers on site!

Does anyone have any ideas they could suggest to me?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Mechanical bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi all,

I have a friend who is opening a new nightclub in London. I am helping him to run it.

Many thanks

Cloakroom I suppose, 1 pound an item?

And maybe different door rates? 5er before 12, 7 after or something?

I haven't seen clubs do crap food at the end of the night since 1997 tbf, the only reason Irish clubs did that was due to licensing laws......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭OU812

Depends on the type of club, but you could sell a "membership" card which would give the holder extra benefits.

You could also make it available in the early evening as an alcohol free venue for teenagers. Everything in there I being paid for anyway so there'd be a moderate overhead in staff to be added, but it could work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

During the day when the venue is not earning a penny, rent it out as a fitness studio. You have the floor and the mirrors and sound....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Host lessons for wannabe-DJs, dancers, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Do you think the OP will acknowledge that the ideas are ours or will he just try and impress his new boss? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Have you thought about doing chips with the burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭average hero

Do you think the OP will acknowledge that the ideas are ours or will he just try and impress his new boss? :)

Bit of both to be honest! :P Seriously thanks guys, I will have to put some thought into those ideas!

Host a coffee shop, a record shop and a bookshop during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Turtle racing on the tables, would draw in the punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

How about afternoon bingo or ballroom dancing for the OAP's, they have a lot of free tme on their hands and as one old guy I know keeps saying there in god's waiting room and he would love to do more with his free time.

Get good wifi, and brighten the place up and offer as co-working space during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Think you should have a private dining area down some dark corridor and call it :The VAT Lounge'.........of course, you'd have to be registered to go there !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Hire some strippers on the quietest nights. Drink promotions before 9pm. Get a bar maid with double d boobs and have em basically hanging out when lads are ordering drinks. Free in before 10pm. Free shots with a round over 20 quid. Only let hot ones in, kick out the fat ugly ones. Offer free cocaine and Ecstasy. The list is endless

• Registered Users Posts: 10 splash123

Get a flat shoe vending machine installed in the club. At the end of the night when girls feet are killing them from dancing in high heels they will pay anything to get a pair of flat shoes on their feet. Also it prevents them from cutting their feet, which prevents a lawsuit for you.
    Check out this site http://www.therollingshoesmachine.com/index.php/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 splash123

Target Hen and Stag partys. Team up with a local B&B or hotel to offer an all inclusive package. You could run cocktail training classes, poll dancing classes, etc for the hens to do in a private area, or before the club opens. Run an advertising campaign to go along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

get hidden cameras fitted everywhere so ye can see all the girls sneaking in their own vodka and then take it off them and sell it back to them, 100% profit and you still keep your customer....shes hardly going to tell the judge that she got caught sneaking in drink to a nightclub;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Hi all,

Many thanks

If ya offered a free shot on entrance you'd attract more people. Or e pound drinks before a certain time. Get the people in early and they will spend their money!
    everyone loves offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

What sort of club is it? Dance club, live venue, student club, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

Hi all,

Many thanks

beer-mat advertising....approach local businesses and sell them ad-space on your beer-mats....charge by the size of advertisement e.g on the front of beer-mat...sell 3/4 of the surface area of 250 beer-mats for say £150 and on the remaining quarter of the front of the beer-mat, sell space which a QR code would fit on for £100 and then do the same on the back. set up a website where customers throughout the UK or worldwide could register to buy and pay for ad-space on your beer-mats. Now obviously you could charge alot more than the example I gave, plus you could sell higher quantities/batches of beer-mat space.Really hope this answer helps you and good-luck with the new nightclub. P.S...would be alot cleaner than having to flip burgers:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Stick a photo booth in the corner, or by the jacks, it'll make a packet, just make sure it prints and develops fast.

depending on location, you could do a mornign club, plenty of people in London working shifts and would love a boogey after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

ted1 wrote: »
    Stick a photo booth in the corner, or by the jacks, it'll make a packet, just make sure it prints and develops fast.

How much do you really recon a photo booth would make you a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Don't bother with burgers just have chips. Chips and nothing else. Easier to run less hassle with fridges etc

Advertisement