Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 2 - how long will it be available for

• 11-09-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how long the iPad 2 is likely to be available for ? I'm thinking of Christmas presents & with some of the offers floating around, is it safer to buy now & put it away or will it still be around closer to christmas ?

I travel to the UK a lot and the cheapest I've seen so far is £299 stg for the 16Gb wifi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭squonk

It'll still be officially available come Christmas as the 'bargain' iPad but with a new model due in March, it might start to seem like a poor buy if they blitz it altogether in March and make the current iPad 3 the new bargain iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They should ideally keep it around till February/March when they announce a new one. However there have been so many rumours circulating regarding the iPad mini. If this does drop in October like the rumours say then we could possibly see that replacing the iPad 2. It's all just guesswork though. Rumours could be false, if true they could still keep selling the iPad 2. I'd say you'll be safe holding off until your ready to buy it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I'd say there's strong chance Apple will stop selling it when the iPad mini is launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

They will deffinitely keep it until March, when the newest ipad is launched.

Ipad mini will be a different product all together I think.

Advertisement