Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IN NEED OF URGENT HELP - teachers, examiners, relatives of... needed

• 11-09-2012 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭

Sorry for the caps but I need urgent help. I know this doesn't belong in the LC forum but if this happened to anyone please reply. In my junior cert Irish exam, I screwed up my exam number for Irish paper 1 and the guy who gave out paper 2 said that I wrote the wrong number on my exam but didn't say he changed it. I don't know if my exam will be cancelled but I am absolutely bricking it. Also I am going out of my mind with paranoia that I messed up the number on every other exam. Will I be able to appeal results if I don't think that's my paper??? Please I'm freaking out.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

1. He would have changed your number if you wrote the wrong one.

If he didn't (which he did, but if he didn't)

2. The corrector would have reported a missing Paper 2 and either two Paper 2s with the same number or one which was not within the range they were expecting.

3. It will all be OK.

Don't worry, you're not the first to have done this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

spurious wrote: »
    1. He would have changed your number if you wrote the wrong one.

If he didn't (which he did, but if he didn't)

2. The corrector would have reported a missing Paper 2 and either two Paper 2s with the same number or one which was not within the range they were expecting.

3. It will all be OK.

Don't worry, you're not the first to have done this.
    My biggest fear is that exams such as history, where there is no paper 2, could have the wrong number and I won't get a result for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Again, the examiner will be looking for numbers xxx21-xxx35 (or whatever) so if one outside the range appears, they will then start looking for a missing number that should be there. Or if two papers have the one number they will report it on.

If worst comes to worst, they will root out other papers and check the handwriting.

Was your number not on a sticker on your desk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

spurious wrote: »
    Again, the examiner will be looking for numbers xxx21-xxx35 (or whatever) so if one outside the range appears, they will then start looking for a missing number that should be there. Or if two papers have the one number they will report it on.

If worst comes to worst, they will root out other papers and check the handwriting.

Was your number not on a sticker on your desk?
    For paper 1, we went to a classroom instead of the gym so there wasn't a sticker and the same for French. The numbers I think I messed up were x12xx but then again I could have messed up x12x3 because those numbers were similar. Absolutely bricking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

It'll be fine, the correctors have a list of applicants exam numbers from the centre they're correcting and if there's one that had a wrong number, they can match it up to their list to find the correct number.

Don't worry about it. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement