Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~€800 Gaming Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

spix wrote: »
    The 3570k is a tiny tiny bit faster, but runs hotter. So if op want's to try overclocking and is keeping stock cooler, 2500k is the way to go.

The other 2500 you linked to is the non-k version which can't be overclocked, only difference.

Would the Merc Alpha be a suitable case if it was available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

spix wrote: »
    The other 2500 you linked to is the non-k version which can't be overclocked, only difference.

Not the only difference; the 2500 has crappier graphics in comparison the the 2500K.
    (I'm not intentionally picking on your posts today, I'm just trying to fix the small discrepancies!)

tvercetti wrote: »

The one above is a smaller case. I actually haven't seen that one before as I thought it was this case, which would probably be better for soundproofing:
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Mini/49191/FRACTAL+DESIGN+Gehäuse+Define+Mini.article
    Is there soundproofing in the Arc? There must be something to justify the cost, but I haven't read any reviews.
    The Fractal Design 1000 is a lot cheaper if you were after a small case but wanted to keep costs down.
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Mini/49193/FRACTAL+DESIGN+Gehäuse+Core+1000+black.article

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Monotype wrote: »
    Not the only difference; the 2500 has crappier graphics in comparison the the 2500K.
    (I'm not intentionally picking on your posts today, I'm just trying to fix the small discrepancies!)

:D true although not many will ever use the integrated graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

tvercetti wrote: »

Are you looking for a micro atx build or is normal atx okay?

The core 1000 is a nice cheap matx case but doesn't even come with an exhaust fan and has limited room for graphics cards etc. I'd say the arc mini is the best matx case out there.

If you're okay with an atx case though, there is many other options. The bitfenix merc alpha is 'okay' but has pretty poor cooling.

Advertisement