Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doctor's admin fee

Options
  • 11-09-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

hi all,

doctor want to charge me for writing a letter to child benefit sector for €20, to get his child benefit re-started, it was €10, after his vaccinations....

obviously not happy about it,
    and refused to pay,

any one any thoughts and experience with this??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Doc can charge what he wants for writing letter. Why did he charge you for vaccinations though? They are definitely free if they are part of the immunisation program.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Stewy18

thanks,
    got free vaccines, but then asked for letter ,then charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Stewy18 wrote: »
    thanks,
    got free vaccines, but then asked for letter ,then charge

Jesus you should see what a solicitor would charge you for a letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't think that €20 is completely off the wall, given the admin time involved in it being sorted out by the doctor and his secretary etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't think that €20 is completely off the wall, given the admin time involved in it being sorted out by the doctor and his secretary etc.

While totally agreeing with You EJ, I still think it is soft money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If its the letter to prove you are still in the country in relation to Child benifit, you only need to name you doctor, not get a letter from him. Unless it has changed since last Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

OP: will you do work for me for free please?

Nothing much, next time you are in the neighbourhood please take my bins out and sweep down the front porch for me.

Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If its the letter to prove you are still in the country in relation to Child benifit, you only need to name you doctor, not get a letter from him. Unless it has changed since last Feb.
    wmpdd3 spot on. nowhere in the letter from CB did it ask for a letter from your GP. If you asked the GP for a letter then he was perfectly entitled, and quite correct, to charge you for it. it was your mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Off to specsavers for the OP, except they charge €30 to tell you that you needs specs :D

Advertisement