Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOD DAMEEEEEEE BLACKLIST

Options
  • 11-09-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone.
    i bought a samsung S3 and i found out it is blacklisted. is there any possible way legal or other wise to unlock it or get it back in operation.

If this cant be done ok because iv tried everything.

But if it was black list in the south could it be unlocked to work in the north of Ireland or vice a verse.

anyone who can help with this would be helping so much an saving me from losing fortune.

thanks in advance,,,;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

So you register just to come on here and ask for help about a stolen phone. :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toome_01

But the fact is i paid almost 500 euro for it and am at was out of options.

What i didn't register for is snide cynical minded people to reply to a post of genuine substance with no useful input.

thank you for ur reply but please but if u cant help please dont reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It'll work in other countries. Blacklists are nationwide only unfortunately.

I hope the OP is legit and not just trying to use a handset he stole, but as this info is freely available I dont see the harm in providing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

toome_01 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    i bought a samsung S3 and i found out it is blacklisted.

Bring it back to the shop you bought it from, especially if you paid €500 for it. :D

Thank you for the help. maybe i can sell to a person living in the north a try to recover some of my money.

but how will the person in the north get it to work. I don't want to leave another person in the same predicament i got into.

thank you again dough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Thank you for the help. maybe i can sell to a person living in the north a try to recover some of my money.

but how will the person in the north get it to work. I don't want to leave another person in the same predicament i got into.

thank you again dough

I wouldn't sell it to anyone. If you do you 'could' be arrested for handling and selling stolen property

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

thank you again dough

You should bring it to the gardai. If the phone is blacklisted then it is stolen. Report who you bought it from and they should investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Just because a phone is blacklisted does not mean that it is stolen.

Google "Checkmend" they provide a service to tell what sort of blacklist it is on.

It is most likely on a European blacklist, but not all providers use it. The phone you have, if it is not stolen will work on 3 Ireland or Vodafone Ireland. If it will not work with those SIMs then it is reported lost and/or stolen.

Some of the European operators will blacklist a phone if a user cancels a contract after getting a shiny new phone with them and removes the direct debit on the contract.

I bought it at a market . I a perfect world yes but the gardi can do notin to help me get my money back or anything to help the guy it was stolen from.

a with the gardi in this country it will be still in the station this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry, I won't help with this stuff.
    Paid almost 500 for it "in a market" when it's 579 new? Please...

Good luck with your new brick. Contact the Garda.

• Advertisement

thank you for Ur response. i not sure if it is lost stolen r from an other country i just was a little to eager in my purchase.

i think of what i save in buying is not enough for the rishs involved. little naive on my part

i dont know if is stolen or not but i cant afford to lose that much money. It might not be ethnically correct but it is the pediment im in.. Again thanks for the advice much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea I am sorry but no-one in their right mind pays €500 for a phone at a market when they can get the same phone for slightly more from a mobile phone store where it is guaranteed to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Contact your operator and find out if it is stolen or not and if not they should be able to help you.

If it is stolen, bring it to the Gardai so it can hopefully be returned to its rightful owner and be thankful that you didn't buy magic beans as well - seriously, you bought it at a market? :rolleyes:

This thread has gone as far as I think it should. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement