Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cooker Conversion

• 11-09-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

A friend got me a brand new gas cooker for free. Problem is it's natural gas and he says i need to convert it. I see you can buy conversion kits on line, are they easy to install? Is it just the jets that need converting? Or pumps? Has anybody any experiance in converting one? Or Should i get someone out to do it?

Why does it need converting in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I suggest that if you have no idea why it needs converting you stay clear. You not only need to be a RGI to convert your cooker but you will require an RGI to install the cooker, illegal installation of your cooker could see you with a very very large fine.
    And anyway! your cooker could also need Thermostat and FFD so could end up costing big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

It's going in my shed, doesn't need installing. Read on line it's easy to install the new jets, you can buy them
    On eBay.

Advertisement