Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Fibre Issues

Options
  • 11-09-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for your fibre broadband for a number of weeks now. I initially called around a month ago, spoke to a member of the fibre team. He confirmed the product was available at my address and I asked him to go ahead and sign me up. He checked the line and advised that because it had previously been with vodafone, he was going to create a brand new line, and would call me back the following morning.

I had heard nothing, so called back a week later and asked to speak to a member of the fibre team. None were available, and no call back.

I Subsequently called back a week later, to be told that the produt has been put on hold and "the manager" will not let the team sell it. No reason or ETA available. TBH the girl sounded like she hadnt a clue.

Called back again yesterday to check the situation to be told that there's no one available to discuss fibre.

Could someone from Eircom please clarify whether the product is available, and assuming it is, get someone to contact me to sign me up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭IE2012

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for your fibre broadband for a number of weeks now. I initially called around a month ago, spoke to a member of the fibre team. He confirmed the product was available at my address and I asked him to go ahead and sign me up. He checked the line and advised that because it had previously been with vodafone, he was going to create a brand new line, and would call me back the following morning.

I had heard nothing, so called back a week later and asked to speak to a member of the fibre team. None were available, and no call back.

I Subsequently called back a week later, to be told that the produt has been put on hold and "the manager" will not let the team sell it. No reason or ETA available. TBH the girl sounded like she hadnt a clue.

Called back again yesterday to check the situation to be told that there's no one available to discuss fibre.

Could someone from Eircom please clarify whether the product is available, and assuming it is, get someone to contact me to sign me up?

i see their rollout is going well then, ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Hi heathersonline,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in getting clarification. Can you PM me with your name, address and existing land line number (if you have one).

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Pm sent thanks

Pm sent thanks

Hi heathersonline,

sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I am checking with the fibre support team. I will let you know as soon as I get a response.

Thanks, Mark

FYI- below is the response I received,

I checked the situation with the fibre team. They confirmed your address is defiantly eligible for Fibre broadband. However no new orders are being placed as this time because

- The trial time-frame has finished

- Work is being carried out on the fibre support systems.

I am afraid I have no indication as to when new orders can be processed, but I will let you know as soon as we have any update.

Mark can you let me know when you have an update

• Advertisement

FYI- below is the response I received,

I checked the situation with the fibre team. They confirmed your address is defiantly eligible for Fibre broadband. However no new orders are being placed as this time because

- The trial time-frame has finished

- Work is being carried out on the fibre support systems.

I am afraid I have no indication as to when new orders can be processed, but I will let you know as soon as we have any update.

Mark can you let me know when you have an update

Hi heathersonline,

I will post on this thread as soon as I get any updates / confirmation.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mark. If the package is not available ( because of work on the wholesale portal) then the 150mbit package should be removed from this page here as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the product until the work has finished.

Is it possible to order the VDSL products at present ???

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Mark. If the package is not available ( because of work on the wholesale portal) then the 150mbit package should be removed from this page here as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the product until the work has finished.

Is there a difference between the 150mb and the 25mb (which is what I was trying to get)? I would have thought there should have been some type of notification for all speeds

One 25 product would be fibre and the other copper. ALL 150 products are fibre and they are not available for now.

eircom have to design a new back end for ordering/management/faults for these products which does explain why they cannot sell them right now...but does not explain why they are STILL for sale when they cannot be sold!!!

Any update? I need to sign up for a broadband package but don't want to tie myself into a year of ngb or satellite if I can avoid it.

• Advertisement

Any update? I need to sign up for a broadband package but don't want to tie myself into a year of ngb or satellite if I can avoid it.

Hi heathersonline

Sorry, we still have no indication as of yet. Which means I am unable to give any time-frame until we get absolute confirmation.

Thanks, Mark

Sponge Bob wrote: »

?

Mark,

Any update? And I'd not can you let me know what products are available? If I sign up to another service with eircom will I be allowed to switch when this mess gets sorted?

Eircom announced last week that these 'fibre' products will go on sale in 2013.

They've been on sale in Wexford for ages though. Any updates eircom? I need a service provided which my neighbours are currently availing of, cables were added to the front of my house!

Far as I know these are off the market till 2013 Heather, I'm sure eircom will confirm.

Will a neighbour perhaps share theirs in the interim ???

They've been on sale in Wexford for ages though. Any updates eircom? I need a service provided which my neighbours are currently availing of, cables were added to the front of my house!

Hello? Can you even let me know what happens if i sign up for regular broadband and the fibre becomes available in a few weeks time?

Anyone out there?

Advertisement