Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Verifier alarm code?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭chessguy

KoolKid wrote: »
    The engineer code give you access to a different menu for programming the panel.

Koolkid thanks

last night when it went out off i put Master code in once XX20 and let it just flash with SAB tamper , then i did not hear it again so this keeps the peace , till i get it sorted or was it coincidence it did not ring again or is this what this code does? does this code acknowledge the fault and stop the alarm going off ?
    If that is iits function its good them if i ever have alarm issues i cna use it that way

so is master code XX20 for programming and xx10 default engineer code for when it is being worked upon to say stop alarms going off etc

thanks again chessguy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the engineer manual for this system?

Do you have the engineer manual for this system?

Hi Koolkid unfortunately not sure which model alarm it is
    but from a prev post i posted

I got the Manuals
    to me it they look similar my guess is it is the 24-64

what do you think ?
    I attached some pics
    Main pic that is unclear should show a serial number£10021 on one of the big chips , not sure if that is of any use, but i could not see anything that would help me identify the Model.

These 3 do look similar to me..

verifier 24-64
    verifier 6
    verifier DD243

Attached Images i guess these links will not work but they are in my postin this thread from 03-03-2013, 17:06
    File Type: jpg key pad .JPG (144.9 KB, 39 views)
    File Type: jpg full on.JPG (430.6 KB, 36 views)
    File Type: jpg top left.JPG (271.4 KB, 27 views)
    File Type: jpg bottom left.JPG (298.8 KB, 25 views)
    File Type: jpg PICT0096.JPG (281.6 KB, 30 views)

thanks chessguy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'll PM you the engineer manual I have. It will probably explain the codes to you better than I am.

I'll PM you the engineer manual I have. It will probably explain the codes to you better than I am.

Thanks for the manual sure looks like this alarm , will go through it later when i get home

hope i can get a tall ladder to check , could be tamper switch in bellbox is just caught and needs pressing depressing or perhaps the cover is a little loose from the storm,

Koolkid just another query as if there were not enough (yikes)

last night when it went out off i put Master code in once XX20(normally we put it in twice to stop its noise and to clear the flashing fault led ,

and i let it just flash with SAB tamper , then i did not hear it again so this keeps the peace , till i get it sorted or was it coincidence it did not ring again or is this what this code does? does this code acknowledge the fault and stop the alarm going off ?

If that is its function its good them if i ever have alarm issues i can use it that way

for anyone following this post i just found
    The Installer/Engineer Code is overall the highest level code. It will do MOST of what the MASTER code can do, and far more.

thanks chessguy

• Advertisement

chessguy wrote: »
    Thanks for the manual sure looks like this alarm , will go through it later when i get home

hope i can get a tall ladder to check , could be tamper switch in bellbox is just caught and needs pressing depressing or perhaps the cover is a little loose from the storm,

Koolkid just another query as if there were not enough (yikes)

last night when it went out off i put Master code in once XX20(normally we put it in twice to stop its noise and to clear the flashing fault led ,

and i let it just flash with SAB tamper , then i did not hear it again so this keeps the peace , till i get it sorted or was it coincidence it did not ring again or is this what this code does? does this code acknowledge the fault and stop the alarm going off ?

If that is its function its good them if i ever have alarm issues i can use it that way

for anyone following this post i just found
    The Installer/Engineer Code is overall the highest level code. It will do MOST of what the MASTER code can do, and far more.

thanks chessguy

koolkid i just checked the manual thx it's real handy to have.

I opened the control panel
    noticed the external bell output was barely hanging on so i secured this cable,but i don't think could this have been the cause ??

this post has an attachment
    i got some resistors from a buddy, just need to check the colours,
    and values ,

so the resistor goes across Bell Hold Off (BHO) & tamper Return (TR)

But the attachment shows tamper return and VE under the SAB bracket so i reckon it is these too i use ( see the attachment)

does that sound right ,
    BTW i spoke to the guy who installed the alarm , he recommend the same fix ,unfortunately he is on vacation,

thanks
    chessguy

have issues with the attachment will put it in next post

koolkid i just checked the manual thx it's real handy to have.

I opened the control panel
    noticed the external bell output was barely hanging on so i secured this cable,but i don't think could this have been the cause ??

this post has an attachment
    i got some resistors from a buddy, just need to check the colours,
    and values ,

so the resistor goes across Bell Hold Off (BHO) & tamper Return (TR)

But the attachment shows tamper return and VE under the SAB bracket so i reckon it is these too i use ( see the attachment)

does that sound right ,
    BTW i spoke to the guy who installed the alarm , he recommend the same fix ,unfortunately he is on vacation,

thanks
    chessguy

have issues with the attachment will put it in next post

with attachment i hope :)

Yes the VE is bell hold off.
    Here is a calc for resistors.

Yes the VE is bell hold off.
    Here is a calc for resistors.

great now just need to find my glasses i have 5 band resistors

this might sound funny but not sure which end of the resistor to start from

chessguy

You know by the spacing.
    Here explains it better.

• Advertisement

great now just need to find my glasses i have 5 band resistors

this might sound funny but not sure which end of the resistor to start from

chessguy

found one here 2 http://www.digikey.com/us/en/mkt/calculators/5-band-resistors.html

my pal says these are 1 k or 2 k
    i guess i can try with one , for 1 k

then if no joy i can try with 2 paired together reckon that would half the resistance ,

buddy said these use around 1 k in the bellbox

thanks chessguy

Your looking for 470 ohms. So 2 1k resistors in parallel will give you 500ohms.
    That should do it.

Your looking for 470 ohms. So 2 1k resistors in parallel will give you 500ohms.
    That should do it.

great thanks just found my old meter
    they are 2.2k circa

would i know straight away if the resistors are good enough or would it maybe take a few hours for the SAB tamper alert

will try tomorrow thanks koolkid

Try 4 of them in parallel it might get you close enough.
    I think there is a fair bit of tolerance on that return. I remember using 2 680 ohm resistors , being stuck one day, that would have been 340 ohms & it held up ok.

Tried with resistors,
    checked they all worked , held well for a while but turned out to be a return wire in the actual bell box was faulty got it replaced by the alarm installer just now and all seems good .

koolkid thanks a lot for your help it is really appreciated.
    and the seasons greetings too.

That's the zone that needs to be checked so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi guys moved into a house last may, the alarm was powered down when we moved in.

Its a verifier 6 installed in 97.

Can so one send on the manual so I can try to get it working. Thanks.

PMed you that manual.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Hi Koolkid,

Can you please send me the manual for the verifier 6.

Can I disconnect the siren until I can ger the service engineer out. What wires do I need to remove in the cabinet?

Thanks

I sent you that manual.
    Look for the internal and external - connections and disconnect those for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Should I disconnect all 4 Wires. I took out the 2 External ones and the alarm went off again so I but 1 back in

Disconnect the 2 negative triggers will stop it activating. If you disconnect the external positive the sab will activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belville

I have moved into a house with the Verifier 24/64 system. I have a copy of the installation manual (issue six),which includes the 'user manual'. I find it of no help, as it gives lots of choices without explaining why you would choose one option over another.
    I cannot find out the answers to these questions:

1. When leaving the house, I presume that I put in the code (which I do know), and close the door. The manual refers to a quick set option - does this mean the system can be set without putting in the code? How do I do this?

2. "Home mode" seems to have window and back door alarms on but not the front door. Is that right? Why would I want that?

3. "Night mode". What does this involve? How is it different from a full set? How is a quick set applied to this? If the alarm is on at night, and someone comes in the front door, what happens? The manual refers to someone opening the front door "while the exit time is running", but what does that mean? If someone opens a window while the alarm is on at night, does the alarm go off at once?

Why don't they write instructions for users who are not experts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Belville wrote: »
    I have moved into a house with the Verifier 24/64 system. I have a copy of the installation manual (issue six),which includes the 'user manual'. I find it of no help, as it gives lots of choices without explaining why you would choose one option over another.
    I cannot find out the answers to these questions:

1. When leaving the house, I presume that I put in the code (which I do know), and close the door. The manual refers to a quick set option - does this mean the system can be set without putting in the code? How do I do this?

You code when leaving the house with no one home should do a full set on the system. Quick set would set the alarm but if you have an internal PIR on the system then this will arm too.
    If you set the alarm and come back in the front door do you hear the enter exit buzzer?
    2. "Home mode" seems to have window and back door alarms on but not the front door. Is that right? Why would I want that?

It is not right. For some reason it is set to omit this zone in partset.
    Normally in partset a PIR will be off to give a user access by the PIR.
    3. "Night mode". What does this involve? How is it different from a full set? How is a quick set applied to this? If the alarm is on at night, and someone comes in the front door, what happens? The manual refers to someone opening the front door "while the exit time is running", but what does that mean? If someone opens a window while the alarm is on at night, does the alarm go off at once?

Why don't they write instructions for users who are not experts?!

Night mode or part set is set up if an internal device needs to be off for a user. Normally a PIR as explained above. The front door should be on in partset to as this is your entry exit route. If you dont have any PIRs on the system can you set it as a quick arm then test the front door to make sure it is working.

I am wondering is the device on your front door not working as opposed to it been omitted in partset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belville

Thank you very much for offering to help, altor. In fact, I have not yet put the system on, because I do not understand the so-called instructions.

I do understand that, when leaving the house, I enter the code and then close the door. On return, I enter the code again. The instructions do not say how long I have before closing the door going out, or after opening the door, coming in. Is it the usual 30 seconds?

I do not know what a PIR is. I presume that Quick Set means that I could set the system with one button, but how do I do it?

When I said that "Home mode" seems to have window and back door alarms on but not the front door, I was quoting page 2-1 of the installation manual: “Partguard A/Home provides perimeter protection while allowing free movement through the exit and access (e.g. front door, hall).” You say this is wrong.

Both Home Set and Night Set are activated by entering a code. If it is the same code, how do I choose which I want? At night, should I simply set the system as when leaving the house, or put on ‘Night Set’? I presume that, if a door is opened, there is time to unset the system, but what if a window is opened by mistake by someone who forgot that the alarm system was set?

Again, thanks for offering to help. I wish companies would have their user instructions tested by someone who knows nothing about the system before publishing them!

Belville.

Thank you very much for offering to help, altor. In fact, I have not yet put the system on, because I do not understand the so-called instructions.

I do understand that, when leaving the house, I enter the code and then close the door. On return, I enter the code again. The instructions do not say how long I have before closing the door going out, or after opening the door, coming in. Is it the usual 30 seconds?

I do not know what a PIR is. I presume that Quick Set means that I could set the system with one button, but how do I do it?

When I said that "Home mode" seems to have window and back door alarms on but not the front door, I was quoting page 2-1 of the installation manual: “Partguard A/Home provides perimeter protection while allowing free movement through the exit and access (e.g. front door, hall).” You say this is wrong.

Both Home Set and Night Set are activated by entering a code. If it is the same code, how do I choose which I want? At night, should I simply set the system as when leaving the house, or put on ‘Night Set’? I presume that, if a door is opened, there is time to unset the system, but what if a window is opened by mistake by someone who forgot that the alarm system was set?

Again, thanks for offering to help. I wish companies would have their user instructions tested by someone who knows nothing about the system before publishing them!

Belville.

Ok here is a quick explanation.

Entering or leaving your home use your user code.
    This will full set the alarm with an exit timer when leaving and unset with a timer upon you arriving home.
    This time is pre-programmed in most cases for 30 seconds but ultimately what ever the installer set it on it the time. Only way of knowing for sure is to set the system and time the count down.

Part set is a night setting.
    This is used to omit detectors or zones you want off at night.
    This would of being set up by the installer.

The manual meant that coming in and out of your front door with give access to your home for the time programmed. Again this is dependent on what the installer programmed.

A PIR is a motion detector, it works by picking up temperature rises. Body heat moving across it. If you have these in your home then they are set to be off in part guard. It is to give you access by them to the keypad to turn your alarm on and off for night setting.

A quick set does a full arm of your system. It does not give an entry/exit timer but all zones will be on.

Anymore questions, please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brillig

I have a Verifier 24 alarm. My prob is that I replaced 12V battery in Control Panel but did not replace Cover properly. Alarm has since gone off a few times. Can I silence the system to work on it by inputting "Engineering Code" and then "Menu". It then comes up with "System ?" on Keypad. Will this silence system while I open up Contol Panel and attempt to fix Cover properly.

There is a lip on three edges of the Control Panel (2 sides and Bottom). Should the Cover fit into the inside or outside surfaces of the lip. I did not look sufficiently before I removed it. Thanks.

Once system displays you are in engineer mode and you should not have any problems with activations.
    When the lid closes correctly you should hear the tamper spring click closed.

Brillig wrote: »
    I have a Verifier 24 alarm. My prob is that I replaced 12V battery in Control Panel but did not replace Cover properly. Alarm has since gone off a few times. Can I silence the system to work on it by inputting "Engineering Code" and then "Menu". It then comes up with "System ?" on Keypad. Will this silence system while I open up Contol Panel and attempt to fix Cover properly.

There is a lip on three edges of the Control Panel (2 sides and Bottom). Should the Cover fit into the inside or outside surfaces of the lip. I did not look sufficiently before I removed it. Thanks.

Its more than likely the spring inside the control panel not closing correctly if the lid is closed.
    Can you remove the lid and check if the spring is ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Brillig

That is just amazing - to have 2 helpful answers so quickly. Thanks so much. Can you confirm if lid should go inside or outside the "lips". I just cant remember how it was originally. I have one side out and one side in so that is definitely wrong. The bottom edge is now on the outside also. Any ideas ? Are there any photos of the Control Box around that can be checked in case you dont know. Thanks so much.

Advertisement