Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contemplating in the shower/toilet

• 11-09-2012 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

You often hear people saying how they lose track of time deep in thought when having a shower. I myself lose track of time simply day dreaming on the bowl well after stocking the lake with brown trout.

So AH, do you often find yourself deep in thought during a shower or sitting on the bowl ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Toilet - not so much.
    Nice deep warm bath - yeah, that's when I have my deep thoughts. Only some are x-rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I tend to assess and take stock of my life when i'm in the shower. Common thoughts include "the fcuk am i doing with my life?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Who does No. 2 work for?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

i often come up with new songs in the shower and think this is great i need to write this down but then by the time im finished i forget it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I decide what I'm going to wear that day while in the shower :)
    Sitting on the loo, I normally check fb on my phone :)

Not a big thinker in either place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Real Life wrote: »
    i often come up with new songs in the shower and think this is great i need to write this down but then by the time im finished i forget it all.
    I'm the same - when it comes to writing project proposals or whatever for work I get all these great ideas, and then I get out of the shower and BAM gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I get all my singing done in the shower. I also wash myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Solitaire, Bubble Bubble, Tetris on the bog

Sing 'I'm a messenger boy bringing my love to you' in a really effeminate Cork accent in the shower.

(It's the only line I know so I just repeat until finished).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I do while sitting on the bowl, but I pick the perfect one, it gives way after 7 minutes, cutting the arse of me, pulling me out of my trance and allowing me to practice my sewing skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I do think a lot in the shower, but I think more or get great ideas/random thoughts whilst brushing my teeth. Really gets me in the zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I do think a lot in the shower, but I think more or get great ideas/random thoughts whilst brushing my teeth. Really gets me in the zone.

Why do you brush your teeth, they regrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

A fellow I know sends a picture of himself to a random number when on the throne with a big retarded smile on his face, to say he's not the full bob would be accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I contemplate while lying on the couch listening to music. While in the shower, I fap, pee and then wash myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I often spend more than 30 minutes taking a dump.

I don't do a huge amount of contemplation though. Mostly I read rubbish online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

All my shower contemplations seem to lead to happy places. Even if I have to get there myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tend to get more Religious when on the 'pot' - "Oh dear God let this suffering pass, release that demon from the depths of my bowels please!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

I also spend more than average time on the loo.At least 20 mins in the morning great place to wake up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Hahaha, I am glad i am not the only one who does his best thinking on the toilet. Its kind of weird that **** and ideas flow in some symbiotic way, at least for me.

Saying that, there is nothing like a bit of splash back to break a train of thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Be careful daydreaming folks, you can easily lose the run of yourself. I once shat in the shower and washed my Willy in the toilet bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Am I the only who seen the thread title and thought it was bout havin a shower and whether to get out to have a piss or do it in the shower?

• Advertisement
Advertisement