Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amp Re-Tolexing

• 11-09-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi ,
    Anyone know a place to get an amp re-tolexed?

Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

There's a guy through Jimi's Music Store in Ballymount that recovers amps - it's pricey from memory as was quoted around €200 for a Marshall Head which I didn't go ahead with. Depending on the amp and the vintage, it's possible to get the tolex on line if you knew an upholsterer who could do it but as I said, recovering that nice 60's Blackface might be worth leaving to the pros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Have a look at this,

http://www.loudspeakers.ca/Qmedia/Duratex01.pdf

I'm currently doing an 8x10 with the stuff. The cost to have someone recover it as original was more than I paid for the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 slick123

thanks for the reply lads,
    was looking at a marshall jmp superlead head on adverts that needs a complete retolex as it is just the bare cab.
    still looks like it would be well worth while buying it for the price and getting it retolexed by the pros.
    thanks again

Advertisement