Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Bundle Deals and Billing

Options
  • 11-09-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I currently have a phone, TV and broadband bundle with UPC. I am entitled to claim back broadband costs in work so I would need to have the bill itemized (or at least have an email from UPC stating the breakdown of the bundle). I contacted them by email and received an informative email about signing up for eBilling but nothing to help my problem. On the phone I was just told it is not possible (he wasn't any more informative than that). My question is, am I entitled to know the break down of the bundle? I didn't even want the bundle initially. I just had TV and broadband so the bill was fine. But they kept ringing about adding the phone so eventually I just gave in.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Hi,

I currently have a phone, TV and broadband bundle with UPC. I am entitled to claim back broadband costs in work so I would need to have the bill itemized (or at least have an email from UPC stating the breakdown of the bundle). I contacted them by email and received an informative email about signing up for eBilling but nothing to help my problem. On the phone I was just told it is not possible (he wasn't any more informative than that). My question is, am I entitled to know the break down of the bundle? I didn't even want the bundle initially. I just had TV and broadband so the bill was fine. But they kept ringing about adding the phone so eventually I just gave in.

Thanks.

eBilling seems to provide the info you seek, just log in and print it out.
    The bill provides a clear overview of the UPC services you have and their individual costs.It will also show you an itemised phone bill if you subscribe to our Home Phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Just goes to show that customer service from these companies is complete cack, ask them a question that is not on their list and they are lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 igiggles_gc

@slimjimmc If you take a bundle deal, it will just say something like "HD Bundle €70" or something like that. It doesn't tell you how much the components are. And after talking to numerous customer service reps, they don't have the figures of the breakdown of the deals. And apparently no desire to get them!

@Royal Legend They are 50/50 for me. Most of the time on Twitter or on the phone they are great. But the guy on the phone today had no intention of helping me. And I just wasted time emailing them, the person didn't even read the email. Just sent me eBilling instructions.

I've made a bit of progress though. The person I emailed forwarded my email to some other department and they called me a few hours ago. They were incredibly helpful. And while they couldn't tell me the figures, they would get the admin department to send me something in the post to show my employer by the end of the week. I'm not sure what it will say, but hopefully it will be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Thanks igiggles_gc, didn't know about the bundle billing quirk.

Advertisement