Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screaming after 2 month vaccines?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

My daughter had her 6 in 1 and PCV vaccines at midday.
    She cried during (who wouldn't) and was a bit fussy afterwards, prone to tears.

We got home and she had a bottle and a nap. Every once in a while she would cry in her sleep and then stop.

But at 6:00 she woke for her evening feed and started screaming inconsolably, wouldn't touch her bottle, and nothing soothed her. She's just fallen asleep now in her swing but is still waking on occasion to whimper/scream and then conks out again.

I'm not looking for medical advice, I just want to know if anyone experienced similar with their babies? I was told she would be 'fussy' but never imagined fussy to be like this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yep sounds exactly like my lil one after 2 month injections. Totally went off her bottles, was up half the night (had been sleeping through) was out of form for about a week. Would only drink bottles for me no matter how much her daddy or anyone else tried. And that went on for about 3 weeks. Had her 4 month injections last week and i was absolutely dreading them. She was off her luch time bottle but still ate her lunch. Was cranky in the evening so i gave her calpol but cut her first tooth that night so could have been that. All you can do is cuddle her. At the end of the day we all want our mammy's when were not feeling great.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

I was lucky that it didn't happen my little one but the nurse warned me she cud wake up screaming later (she was definitely wording it stronger than 'fussy'!) and to try calpol if she did. I already had some just in case as a friend had warned me that her boy was really in pain that night after it and it was good to be able give calpol straight away.
    From what I hear it happens that quite a few babies suffer afterwards. I guess it's the same with adult vaccines in that some of us feel awful after and others don't notice!
    You cud try calpol now if she's still upset? It's ok after 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

This is a side effect if the vaccine and should be reported to the Irish medical board here http://www.imb.ie/EN/Safety--Quality/Online-Forms/Human-Medicine-Adverse-Drug-Reaction.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Op have nothing to add and just wanted to send you hugs. Ye will get through it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thanks everyone, it was reassuring to know she wasn't the only one! And yes, fussy was definitely an understatement!

She ended up sleeping on my chest whilst daddy drove to a late night pharmacy - took Calpol at 10:30 followed by 3oz of milk and slept from 11 until 7 this morning! She's still a bit out of sorts, shes looking very confused and nowhere near as smiley, but she's eating and napping well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Our little fella was very cranky after the first one for a couple of days and slept a lot.
    The second one (four months) was grand though, he seemed pretty normal bar a few tears afterwards.
    The dreaded six month three injections ( i think) is coming up soon, not looking forward to that!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement