Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Deegan in Spilled Ink

• 11-09-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

So unfortunately the artist I wanted to do my next tattoo isn't willing to work with vegan ink (which is fair enough, it's fiarly imrpactical to go out of his way just for me) but they were kind enough to recommend Joe Deegan in Spilled Ink who uses all vegan products.

Based on his portfolio I'd more than trust him to tattoo me. However like to hear other peoples stories so anyone here been tattooed by him? How'd you find the experience as a whole? Anything you didn't like? Also does he have a waiting list? Since I'm currently not in Ireland I won't actually be getting the tattoo till early January (hopefully) but I won't be able to set an exact date till November at the VERY earliest. Anything else you feel worth sharing about him is welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I never post here but I had to respond to this question. I've been tattooed by Joe extensively (full backpiece, leg, couple on the arms, shoulder and most recently the ass). The guy is an extremely talented artist, very experienced and everything he has done for me has been totally solid, no scarring, no patches or blotches, nothing needing to be touched up. He outlines very very fast (less time = less pain) and will work for as long as you're willing to sit for.

On top of all that he is a gem of a bloke, never any messing around with times or dates and he is very reasonably priced. Because of this you usually have to wait a week or two to get to see him but it is well worth it.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

A lot of my friends have stuff from Joe, all amazing work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Haven't been tattooed by Joe myself but have been tattoed by Paul in spilled ink. Studio is very nice and clean and all of the lads are very nice and do some great work in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Thanks for the info guys.
    Was chatting to Mario on facebook today. Normally they prefer someone to come into the shop to talk about what they want but since that's not possible atm and even when I'm back in Ireland I won't be in Dublin he got me to email the info and he'll pass on to Joe next week and see what he says. Presuming Joe's happy to consult over email and stuff looks like he'll be tattooing me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

got my thigh and upper arm done by Joe. Hes a lovely guy and knows exactly what you want as soon as you explain it. He bangs through the work so fast and it always looks amazing.

Hes fair enough on pricing too and Ive not had any problems afterwards healingwise etc.

Id highly recommend him, and the work Ive seen from the other artists in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I wanted to say thank you so much for this thread! I had been meaning to look into an artist who'd be happy to work with vegan ink. I'm delighted to hear that Joe only uses them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Old thread I know

But I just got a tatto yesterday from paul in Spilled Ink.

Credit where its due, place was spotless, Mario and Paul were very professional, I would recommend the place and in fact already have to a friend.

Big thanks to Paul for the Family Crest, its super, Exactly what I wanted.
    He is a sound guy and really into his work. We had a nice bit of banter during the 90 minutes and that eases the pain... haha
    10/10 from me on all fronts.
    Thanks again to all involved.

Oh and very reasonable prices too.

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

chef wrote: »
    Old thread I know

But I just got a tatto yesterday from paul in Spilled Ink.

Credit where its due, place was spotless, Mario and Paul were very professional, I would recommend the place and in fact already have to a friend.

Big thanks to Paul for the Family Crest, its super, Exactly what I wanted.
    He is a sound guy and really into his work. We had a nice bit of banter during the 90 minutes and that eases the pain... haha
    10/10 from me on all fronts.
    Thanks again to all involved.

Oh and very reasonable prices too.

Jay

Throw up a pic in the 'I'll show you mine' thread. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Since this thread has been revived I'll just mention that Joe is working in Classic Ink in Temple Bar now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm hopefully getting some work by Paul in Spilled Ink in the coming weeks. I didn't realise the difference with ink and vegan ink before, I wasn't too happy to discover this three tattoos in!! Knowing the difference now (still need to read more on it!), it's something I definitely want!

• Advertisement
Advertisement