Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs peeing in public.

• 11-09-2012 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

I know all about dogs fouling in public and our responsibility to pick up and dispose of safely when our dogs foul in public spaces. But what is the law in regards to them peeing?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

There isn't one. It's not a requirement for a dog owner to clean up after their dog pees in a public place. Short of carrying a bottle of water around to rinse it off, I don't know what else an owner could do, which I assume is why it's not in statute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Considering plenty of drunken louts pee anywhere and everywhere when the pubs/clubs close, I reckon it'd be a bit ridiculous to try to enforce it on dog owners ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

pretty sure we'd all drive ourselves insane if we had to wash away pee haha:)

always scoop the poop though :)

Advertisement