Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 dying...

Options
  • 11-09-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Right, my Optimus 7 is dying a slow death, and I'm worried it'll just leave me dead in the water some day soon. Now, I've had this a year and a half I reckon, and tbh I love it, don't want to change, it's just that it has become quite unstable and only last week it completely froze and took about half a day worth of messing to get it to boot into anything other than an LG logo.

Here's the trouble as I see it, I need a phone, but WP8 is out in the next 2 months, so I feel like I'd be an absolute idiot to go and spend a bomb on something like a lumia 800 just to have the bigger brothers come out in a month...

My LG is working at the minute, but it's rebooting intermittently, and even this morning took about 10 minutes to boot at it had died overnight. So I don't know how much longer it'll live!

Anyone have any advice? Really want to stay with Windows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I assume that factory reset didn't work in your case .

I would advice to reinstall/flash original rom .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935578

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jarren wrote: »
    I assume that factory reset didn't work in your case .

I would advice to reinstall/flash original rom .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935578

Aye, I've done this twice now, and it makes things slightly better, but then it just goes back to it's usual unstable way:(. I've tried a couple of ROMs that I saved ages ago and it's all the same, I have a suspicion that this could be hardware related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

If this is not a soft related issue then the dreadful term faulty motherboard springs to mind. If you contact LG they may advice you to send the phone for repair however this can take weeks before the issue is sorted out.

Another option would be to take a trip to Moore.st to get a quote for the phone repair.

Yet another option would be to get a cheapo second hand phone to cover you for 2 months.

Adverts would be your best friend

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/mobile-phones-accessories/mobile-phones/188/price_50-100/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Cheers man, I think you're right, and I pretty much knew the answer to my question before asking it.

Right, I'm going to stick with my LG for now, and just hope it doesn't croke. If needs be, i'll just pick something up when it goes bang.

I mean, I may even get an old Lumia if/when they get cheap in a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

The battery life was unusable when I had an o2 sim in it. Would get about 18 hours standby. Works fine with my 3 SIM.
    Mine started hard rebooting a LOT (sometimes every few minutes) after the mango update.
    Then the windows button wouldn't press smoothly
    And I dropped it about 2 feet onto a soft floor and the antenna broke on it, it can't hold cell reception at all anymore.

Honestly, that phone was a huge hassle. I used it as my main phone for about 6 months on and off.

LG won't even fix those phones anymore.

Got a cheap junky Nokia 710 from CPW UK for £99 + £10 and I'm shocked by how much faster, smoother and more reliable it is. It's like night and day Alanstrainor.

Perhaps it's worth holding out for the Lumia 820 if you could last 6 weeks?

breathn wrote: »
    The battery life was unusable when I had an o2 sim in it. Would get about 18 hours standby. Works fine with my 3 SIM.
    Mine started hard rebooting a LOT (sometimes every few minutes) after the mango update.
    Then the windows button wouldn't press smoothly
    And I dropped it about 2 feet onto a soft floor and the antenna broke on it, it can't hold cell reception at all anymore.

Honestly, that phone was a huge hassle. I used it as my main phone for about 6 months on and off.

LG won't even fix those phones anymore.

Got a cheap junky Nokia 710 from CPW UK for £99 + £10 and I'm shocked by how much faster, smoother and more reliable it is. It's like night and day Alanstrainor.

Perhaps it's worth holding out for the Lumia 820 if you could last 6 weeks?

Jaysis, it's good to know that I'm not the only one having mad issues with mine.

One annoying one is hitting the search button, which brings up a nice Bing page with a new picture everyday...only trouble is...the phone will reboot when you hit it. Which means it'll reboot in my pocket alot. Or if I hit it by mistake when using it.

Tbh, Im surprised I like Windows Phone at all given how flakey it's been since I bought it, not only since the mango update. Might have to go that route man, saw they were very cheap alright, but I'm on 3 which means I'll have to find an unlocked one which could be difficult.

I'll stick it out, but honestly, I give my phone another week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I also have a optimus 7 and while windows 7 is a brilliant mobile OS, LG is a shi*e phone manufacturer.

I was getting hard reboots after the mango update however one subsequent OS update fixed that. I also flashed it to the EU-OPEN rom. Apart from that the windows key fell off (it was just glued on!) and the USB cover fell off.

Advertisement