Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove flue - external wall

• 11-09-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

I want to run a flue as shown in the pic, ( not my house but same idea) - basically out the wall as shown by the black line and stopping where shown. I have had mixed advice from stove suppliers - One said it has to run up to be in line with the chimney pot - the other said tis grand where its shown...:(
    Any advice appreciated.

ExistingGable.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I want to run a flue as shown in the pic, ( not my house but same idea) - basically out the wall as shown by the black line and stopping where shown. I have had mixed advice from stove suppliers - One said it has to run up to be in line with the chimney pot - the other said tis grand where its shown...:(
    Any advice appreciated.

ExistingGable.jpg
    If you run the flue up the wall you it needs to be higher than the ridge or it would be in a possible downdraft zone.
    Make sure the flue is twin walled insulated
    Coming through the wall to a 135 degree tee no horizontal flue runs more than 150mm

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

cheers Robbie, should there be a drain or something at the bottom of that 135degree T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

cheers Robbie, should there be a drain or something at the bottom of that 135degree T?
    In most cases there is a removable cap for cleaning with a drain built in it

Advertisement