Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post damaged my "new" Kavanagh of Dublin 16 gauge!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

Oh man, I would blow a fcukin fuse!! Just looking at the pics is making me angry!!!! I hope it gets fixed properly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Sorry to see that happen. I have seen an English style stock that had been split at the small of the butt repaired. The owner had fallen on it and it split diagonally across the grip. This chap was told that the stock was a write off. But he took a chance and was back shooting it in no time. The job was completed with internal dowels and glue. The result was a hair line scar under a new 'old look' varnish job. No doubt there is someone out there with the expertise that will put you right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That is terrible, I would also go mental.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Sorry to see that happen. I have seen an English style stock that had been split at the small of the butt repaired. The owner had fallen on it and it split diagonally across the grip. This chap was told that the stock was a right off. But he took a chance and was back shooting it in no time. The job was completed with internal dowels and glue. The result was a hair line scare under a new 'old look' varnish job. No doubt there is someone out there with the expertise that will put you right

Ordinarily I'd attempt to fix this myself, if my insurance claim comes through though, I will use the best professional I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Too right, but they have yet to come up with a policy that covers frustration and mind numbing disbelief........ Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Damn Shame
    Dennis Earl Smith - "The Stock Doctor" -http://www.thestockdr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Harmoniums,
    Who shipped the item: USPS, UPS, Fedex, ...?

Please let us know how you get on with the insurance claim. The PO is easy when it comes to buying insurance - the more you pay for, the more they charge. However, when it comes to paying out, things get more complicated.

Good luck and sorry for the problems.

I think you should buy another. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

FISMA wrote: »
    Harmoniums,
    Who shipped the item: USPS, UPS, Fedex, ...?

Please let us know how you get on with the insurance claim. The PO is easy when it comes to buying insurance - the more you pay for, the more they charge. However, when it comes to paying out, things get more complicated.

Good luck and sorry for the problems.

I think you should buy another. :D

USPS - United States Postal Service
    There was a sizeable amount of insurance taken out, I fully expect to get the run-around from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

sorry to see that harmoniums , must have been a right sickener when you tore the box open :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

harmoniums wrote: »
    USPS - United States Postal Service
    There was a sizeable amount of insurance taken out, I fully expect to get the run-around from them!

Harmoniums,
    You should do your homework before you start any claim paperwork.

The USPS plays games when it comes to insurance. When you go to the PO, they simply ask you what you want to insure it for. They could care less if you lie about the value. The more you tell them it's worth, the more it costs you.

Once the time for a claim comes, they aren't simply going to hand you the amount the package was insured for. Rather, you'll have to prove its value. This can be tricky, especially if you got a great deal on the item.

I hope someone had the gun appraised before it shipped. I believe that is a basis of a claim.

I am no expert on this subject, but again, I caution you to do your homework before you sign the paperwork. If I were you, I would call them up once or twice for a practice run to see what they are going to ask for.

Good Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I'll bet your blood pressure took a hike when you opened the package.
    Its end grain to end grain so will need internal support -metal or wooden dowels.
    I second getting a pro to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I don't care what anyone says that must of got some bang. the break p..s's me of but trying to imagine the way the package was f'ed around for that sort kf damage to happen.
    Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Forgive my ignorance here but did that sticker not say "broken stock handle gently". Was it not broken when you bought it? Either way out looks salvageable. Some dose, hope it works out for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Probably a stupid suggestion, but if its insured what would be wrong with getting a new stock made for it, I wouldn't bother getting it repaired.

I bothched repaired job will devalue the gun, your always going to have a visible crack in the stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Sorry about your grief, but reading the thread reminded me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars

Time to get out the old guitar and start composing!!

Advertisement