Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sure, I didn't buy new runners for nothing!

Options
  • 11-09-2012 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I thought Id try a log again. I am amazed so many people here keep it up, well impressed with a lot of the dedication and progress people have made, so I am now inspired.

The usual goals...Lose weight, firm up, be healthier! I will update stats during the week......they are not good :o

Monday: Cycle to work 18.5 Km in 44:32.
    "Run" 5.3 Km in 32 Mins
    Cycle home 18.5 Km in 43:26

Tuesday: "Run" 4.2 Km 23:36

So far, so good. Its a start.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Wednesday: Same as Monday

Cycle - 18.5 Km in 44:16

Run -5.3 Km in 30:29

Cycle - 18.5 Km in 41:32

I haven't trained since Wednesday due to tendonitis in my foot......great. I cant lift weights due to recovering from rotator cuff tendonitis and tennis elbow, so i'm stuck with running / cycling for the moment.

Stats as of 15 Sept 2012: (According to a Salter multi function scale, not sure how accurate)

Height: 5 ft 7
    Weight: 197.6 Lbs
    BMI: 30.9
    Body Fat %: 45.8
    Total Body Water %: 35.2
    Total Muscle %: 18.1
    Cals needed: 1944

Waist (around naval): 109.2 cm's
    Chest: 106.7
    Right Bicep: 34.3
    Left Bicep: 33.8
    Right Quad: 64.8
    Left Quad: 64.0
    Right Calf: 40.9
    Left Calf: 41.1

I will measure again in 1 month. I doubt there will be much difference but hope the weight and BMI will be down......and height will be up :P

I have an adventure race on Wednesday, Im going to strap the feck out of the foot and eat a handful of painkillers...should be fine.

Well holy f.uck I'm bolloxed!

Great day was had. I got up at 0630 and left got picked up at around 7.15, stopped for an essential brekkie sambo and a can of Monster. I am very surprised and happy with my performance overall. Lough Dan has some lovely scenery.....in between bouts of sweaty eyeballs. 130ish people turned up, it was a solely military event.

I haven't got my official split timings yet but the rough ones are as follows.

8 Km run cross country: -40 mins.
    The terrain was tough enough, started off with a very steep hill on tarmac, levelled out a bit. then it was cross country up and over another steep as feck hill/mountain thing, down through gorse, leveled out for about 500m then to the kayak station.

2.5 Km Kayak: 30 mins.
    Well, that freaked me out a bit. I am a non swimmer redface.png, and I dont particularly like water stuff. It was a 2 person kayak, so me and a mate of mine hopped in. We were pushed out and off we popped. Never having kayak'd before I was nervous but that drifted off once we got going. There were a few rocky to be dodged and a few panicy moments negotiating the wakes that were made by the passing safety RIBs.......so now I am Kayak master! tongue.png Straight out of the kayak to the bike station.

20 Km Cycle: 50 mins.
    Started off with my mate, straight away into a steep climb, my quad locked and I had to get off the bike and run up the hill with it. Once it levelled off a bit, straight back on. It was tough enough of a cycle, a fair few steep hills. I regularly cycle to work (22 miles total) but have not done any hill work, so I found it tough. The Military Police were out at all the junctions dircting us, i took one of the turns which immediately turns into a fairly steep climb but I was stuck in the highest gear....more running uphill with the bike frown.png. I passed a couple of guys out, so Im happy with that. A couple of guys had some bad falls though. Straight off the bike and onto the obstacle course.

2 Km Obstacle Course: 32 mins.
    I was fecked by the time I got to this. Ran for 500m into a forest and to the first obstacle, which was some sort of tyre to squeeze through. Run again to a rope bridge thing. I had to hold onto a rope above my head while standing on another rope and shimmy across without falling into the river. Next 10ft high log wall to get over. Next cross a boggy river. At this point both my calves seized and I was just lying there in the river in agony.redface.png.

A few more smaller things to negotiate while going for the last 1 Km. The last Km consisted of a 700m uphill forest track with various obstacles, then 300m down hill to the river. Once we got to the river we had to wade out...nipple deep for some, go aroung a bouy and back to the shore. At the shore there was a 40ft container with cargo netting, up the cargo net then jump off the other side and sprint to the finish.

Total time of 2 Hrs 33 Mins.

What did I get out of the day? A brekkie sambo, 2 seized calf muscles, a buff (some sort of hat thing confused.png) and a bit of pride.

5 mile run this morning, added in a few sprints on the beach.

5.3 Km run at lunch - 29 mins 51 sec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

benwavner wrote: »
    5 mile run this morning, added in a few sprints on the beach.

A few sprints on the beach, Sounds quite tropical.

brownej wrote: »
    A few sprints on the beach, Sounds quite tropical.

Ha yeah I wish. I was on Killiney Beach, it was part of the 5 mile route.

Finished physio for the time being, now need to get an MRI on the shoulder and get cortisone injections. Then back to physio.....then back to weights.

Advertisement