Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hire usa

Options
  • 11-09-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

anyone know a cheap car hire company in usa. want to hire a car for 7 days new orleans to nashville.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When it comes to car hire, 'cheap' usually means that you are under-quoted online only to find when you arrive that lots of 'optional' extras are actually mandatory and you find that that mob wasn't so cheap after all.

Ryanair advertise lowest cost flights to 'Paris', consider yourself warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Any cars I have booked with hertz.ie, avis.ie or carhire3000.ie have always included all insurances required and I have never had to pay any extras on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 keith_donaghy

We have used Avis in USA, great service and we always get a free upgrade on our car. Remember if your renting a car in the USA and are aged under 25, you will have to pay a $75/day surcharge with all companies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Remember if your renting a car in the USA and are aged under 25, you will have to pay a $75/day surcharge with all companies!

It's normally far less than $75 I paid $20 a day underaged fee when I was 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

Take a look at Enterprise.
    They're pretty good and usually cheaper than Hertz & Avis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We always use arguscarhire.ie - they are a reseller but we've found their prices beat the companies direct every time. Their prices are all inclusive of insurance, a tank of fuel and breakdown cover too. Through them we have had cars with Alamo, Enterprise and Dollar. Never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

I've gone with carhire3000 before. Would recommend them - they're just a reseller but a lot cheaper than booking through the actually renter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There can be large relocation charges for dropping off cars in a different state from which it was hired so check on that.

Neighbouring states are sometimes okay but Louisiana to Tennessee is further.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Affordable Car Hire will give you a load of quotes from all the big car hire companies.

http://ww2.affordablecarhire.com/en/search/?travelAgent=4614

A site I set up is a reseller for them if you end up booking with them can you make sure to use the link and then let me know, Just want to see if the stats they come back with include your booking.

Advertisement