Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Cobh Run October 7th

Options
  • 11-09-2012 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Please excuse me if this info is already been discussed or is out there but I don't seem to be coming up with it in any searches done so far.

Can anyone tell me, do the organisers lay on transport to get back into the city from Cobh after the run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SureWhyNot!

The race finishes at the train station... regular enough service back to the start line

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Please excuse me if this info is already been discussed or is out there but I don't seem to be coming up with it in any searches done so far.

Can anyone tell me, do the organisers lay on transport to get back into the city from Cobh after the run?

You get the train back. There's a regular service on Sundays. Given that the race is such good value you wouldn't begrudge the coupe of euro for the fare

For the ten euro entry fee you get:
    1. Fully marshalled 15-mile race - all junctions marshalled by the guards
    2. A blessing from the bishop beforehand ;)
    3. A goody bag that's as good as any for a marathon
    4. A race T-shirt (admittedly it's cotton)
    5. A very accurate time (not chipped but they record you coming over the line into the chute)
    6. A massive feed in the community hall afterwards
    7. Your gear transported from the start to the finish line

It's the best value you're going to get in any race in the country - I don't know how they deliver it all for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

You get the train back.

It's the best value you're going to get in any race in the country - I don't know how they deliver it all for a tenner.

In terms of the feed, if your enough of a savage you could in theory end up with a net calorie gain for the morning!

I agree its great value.

3 of us ran last year and we dropeed a car down there beforehand and then drove back to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Well, up the hill from the finish line...in the hall.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

You get the train back. There's a regular service on Sundays. Given that the race is such good value you wouldn't begrudge the coupe of euro for the fare

5. A very accurate time (not chipped but they record you coming over the line into the chute)

So is the train back to cork full of smelly sweaty guys in shorts?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

eliwallach wrote: »
    So is the train back to cork full of smelly sweaty guys in shorts?:o

I took the train back to cork when I did this in 2010 and there was actually surprisingly few runners on it you'll be glad to hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

With some of the silly prices we pay to enter triathlons, I asked myself how do they do all of this for only €10 :confused:

The train it is so.

I have entered by post for this. I presume number collection is at hq on the morning of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

I have entered by post for this. I presume number collection is at hq on the morning of the race?

I entered by post two years ago and my number arrived by post the week before the race. All I had to do was turn up at the startline. I got a real cool number an' all - 3 I think :cool:

Since then I've entered on the day - entry usually opens in the Montenotte Hotel around two hours before the gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Where would be the best place to park near the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

anywhere around the train station is ideal especially if getting train back from cobh or Mc Curtain street.

got my number this morning in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

Received my number in the post aswell today, looking forward to it now, first time to run it.

psychozeb wrote: »
    anywhere around the train station is ideal especially if getting train back from cobh or Mc Curtain street.

Thanks yeah planning to get the train back, so around the train station it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Is there entry on the day to this? I'm in Cork that weekend so might give it a go.

Is there entry on the day to this? I'm in Cork that weekend so might give it a go.

Yes.
    See post #11.
    Race starts @ 9:30 so get to the Montenotte Hotel early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grantrm

Is there any showering facilities after the run?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

grantrm wrote: »
    Is there any showering facilities after the run?

Not as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Where does this race start tomorrow? I have to do 20 miles as part if my marathon training so I plan to do a three mile warm up, the race and then a two mile cool down. I will be registering at the Montenotte hotel in the morning.

Outside the Colliseum (for those not familiar with Cork City this might sound, well, mightily impressive, however, it is but a gaming arcade :o) is the starting line.

• Advertisement

I know people bang on about value in races throughout the country, but this is a clear winner. It was my 1st time to do this race and the value for money is astonishing.
    €10 entry bags you a (cotton) t-shirt, goody bag that is actually full (not just a bottle of water, a nutri-grain bar and a wad of race flyers) with goodies (including a bottle of Lucozade, shampoo and a deodorant....:eek:) and the usual non-fuss race organisation that is the BHAA.

Just back home after this, great event very well organised. The walk up the hill to get your bag at the end was well worth it for the food. Oh and thanks to the lady who was standing around the 11 mile mark who had the jellies. One for the calender next year

Had decided to do this at the last minute as an alternative to doing another long run by myself in preparation for Dublin City Marathon and I'm so glad I did! My training plan called for 20 miles so I started off with 5 mins around the city. The race itself was lovely, very flat, nice scenery and very well organised and as Eli said, fantastic value for money. It's a pity it's not chip timed, and I would have preferred water bottles rather than cups at the stations, but those were only small complaints. Oh, and the goodie bag was fantastic! Will definitely be doing it next year.

Are the results going to be online?

ncmc wrote: »
    The race itself was lovely, very flat
    , nice scenery and very well organised

Did you run mile 12 to 14.5?? :rolleyes:

Did you run mile 12 to 14.5?? :rolleyes:

Haha, yes there was that one bad hill, but I was smelling the finish line at that stage and the payoff was that lovely downhill to the finish.... Wheeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Great weather, a well run event at fantastic value..what more could you ask for on a Sunday morning...take a bow to all involved..it was a great prep run for Dublin at PMP.

ncmc wrote: »
    Eventually...gonna be a few days at least.

Check HERE in a few days

Results just posted here.

Advertisement