Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanishing HTML5 Audio Player!

• 11-09-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Putting together a website at the moment that requires embedded audio players. Designer has done an excellent job on the layout, colours etc on a Wordpress template. Very happy with it. Now, we have embedded a Shoutcast player for normal PC users, a Quicktime player for ios users and we said we would try a HTML5 player that we found which looks great and does all the neccessary "Now Playing" bits that we wanted.

Problem is, it keeps vanishing from the page. Stays fine on iPad/Mac etc but vanishes totally from all browsers on PC...almost all the time! My first thought is that it is a problem with the lack of a size attribute but its a bit beyond me as to where I might put that (given that the player is just a line of code linking to the player which is hosted by an external company). So, I essentially just have <script...detail.../script>.

Help?

Thanks a lot,
    Simon

Advertisement