Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing college courses

• 11-09-2012 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey peeps. I'm doing my Leaving this year (2013) and not sure what to do after. I know that I want to do either Computer Science or Software Development but not sure where. Any help here guys before CAO and all the panicing comes along.

P.S. I can't go to my guidance counsellor as she's never in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok, where (general area) do you live? Which colleges are reasonably accessible / have you a preference?

Help people to help you ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

I live in kerry so its basically cork and limerick or even dublin. Just not that stupid IT in Tralee (not saying they're all stupid)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=16

Thats all you need it very easy to use to find the course your thinking of choosing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Get a introduction to java book or look at introduction tutorials on the net to see if you like it. Programming and engineering courses have the highest failure rates with most people in the courses dropping out in first year. They are tough and perhaps if you know someone in a course ask them for some of there first year lecture notes. Its kinda like honours maths, ya either get programming or ya dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

I found a C book lying around and picked it up and started to get it, its more a question of comp science or software development

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

There's a Computer Science and Software Engineering (so basically the two topics you want in one course) course in NUI Maynooth, although Maynooth might be a bit far away if you're in Kerry.

Advertisement